Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
YES. JUST GOT THE BEST E-MAIL FROM OPPOSING COUNSEL.

quote:

You are one deadly combination.

Handsome and brilliant!

Wow

(Law office signature)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Clearly hacked by a match.com bot.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

CaptainScraps posted:

Is opposing counsel hot?

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Mr. Nice! posted:

Is opposing counsel hot?

Let's just say to him, I'd definitely be trade.

Also I like ladies and not older gentlemen.

You know, anally.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

CaptainScraps posted:

Most of the physical therapists we get for lawsuits are run out of chiropractor's offices. So they're getting PT but it's under the direction of a chiropractor.

They're still getting heat treatment, massages, electrostimulation and all other sorts of treatment for soft tissue but our experts are normally chiros.

So now when people file controverting affidavits to our medical bills (paying some shill $200 to say "NUH UH, not necessary) we have to have an expert come testify and that expert's a chiro.

An expert in chiro is like an expert in homeopathy, an expert in quakery.

I hope you have to burn preemptory challenges to get people who know poo poo is quakery out of your jury.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

CaptainScraps posted:

wow she wants the D

edit: lmao or he

Eminent Domain
Sep 23, 2007

CaptainScraps posted:

Go to law school, get hit on by opposing counsel.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
who were the lawyer goons that ended up signing up for masters in computer stuff? i have questions...

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

CaptainScraps posted:

Let's just say to him, I'd definitely be trade.

Also I like ladies and not older gentlemen.

You know, anally.

Could be a great sugar daddy.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jul 11, 2021

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

the milk machine posted:

who were the lawyer goons that ended up signing up for masters in computer stuff? i have questions...

Does it have to be a masters, or a CS degree in general?

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Vox Nihili posted:

MDs average $180k, chiropractors average $130k. Dentists are around $160k.

Show me a dentist that works MD hours. I need an appointment on a Friday. The point is that chiros and dentists make bank while having a sweet lifestyle. MDs that work dentist hours make much less than 180

echopapa
Jun 2, 2005

El Presidente smiles upon this thread.

Nitrousoxide posted:

An expert in chiro is like an expert in homeopathy, an expert in quakery.

I hope you have to burn preemptory challenges to get people who know poo poo is quakery out of your jury.

Experts in quakery are very useful for cases involving conscientious objection, simple living, and the production of oatmeal.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

echopapa posted:

Experts in quakery are very useful for cases involving conscientious objection, simple living, and the production of oatmeal.

Don't forget seismology.
(I like your answer better)

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

An AG (who is married to a district court judge) told me I'm funny and that I drive a cool car (I drive a '99 Crown Vic).

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

the milk machine posted:

Yo! PM me if you want details.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Could be a great sugar daddy.

lol @ ur life if u cant bring urself to suck a dick a few hours a week for some shiny baubles

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Soothing Vapors posted:

lol @ ur life if u cant bring urself to suck a dick a few hours a week for some shiny baubles

Imagine how nice life would be...

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

Soothing Vapors posted:

Buddy of mine in law school was very open about the fact that he prostituted his way through undergrad with old rich dudes. He was fine with it. He had significantly less debt than me...

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Soothing Vapors posted:

You're really going above and beyond on your mentoring this year. Gotta hit those volunteering requirements? Ah, I shouldn't be so cynical, though. We do appreciate all the career advice you provide.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

BigHead posted:

Buddy of mine in law school was very open about the fact that he prostituted his way through undergrad with old rich dudes. He was fine with it. He had significantly less debt than me...

you got his number?

sullat posted:

You're really going above and beyond on your mentoring this year. Gotta hit those volunteering requirements? Ah, I shouldn't be so cynical, though. We do appreciate all the career advice you provide.

what can I say? I[m a giver

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Soothing Vapors posted:

Soothing Vapors posted:

what can I say? I[m a giver

Seems like you're a taker...

But seriously, Business, Finance, and Careers > Lawyer and Law School Megathread #12: lol@ ur life if u cant bring urself to suck a dick a few hours a week for some shiny baubles

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Lawyer and law school megathread 13: I have a successful practice and live at my mom's house.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

blarzgh posted:

Differences between Practicing Law and Family Business
- You don't constantly live under the looming shadow of losing your license to sell hot dogs or whatever.

Not true (at least in my case) as my life is just a series endless days commuting to the local court because family law is hell and never work for family businesses.

I wonder, though, has anyone ever joined a law firm with friends? Almost every family/friend business venture ended up in each party never ever speaking to each to each other and the business itself burning up in the process ofc.

It's just lots of bad feelings all around :v:

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Alder posted:

Not true (at least in my case) as my life is just a series endless days commuting to the local court because family law is hell and never work for family businesses.

I wonder, though, has anyone ever joined a law firm with friends? Almost every family/friend business venture ended up in each party never ever speaking to each to each other and the business itself burning up in the process ofc.

It's just lots of bad feelings all around :v:

One of my friends knows of one firm that has a history of hiring friends, and also has a history of friends quitting and getting fired for petty dumb reasons and has a history of not being very profitable.

I'd bet they're just as bad as husband/wife firms.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

blarzgh posted:

One of my friends knows of one firm that has a history of hiring friends, and also has a history of friends quitting and getting fired for petty dumb reasons and has a history of not being very profitable.

I'd bet they're just as bad as husband/wife firms.

I would presume it'd be as inefficient but who knows. I think it's just work is stressful and so is family/friends and the combination just never works out well in the long run.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
Anyone know any Conflicts Attorneys? Ethics, not conflicts of law. Part of client intake and attorney hiring. I need to know how to massage my resume to apply for an open position.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Look Sir Droids posted:

Anyone know any Conflicts Attorneys? Ethics, not conflicts of law. Part of client intake and attorney hiring. I need to know how to massage my resume to apply for an open position.

I used to do conflicts before I went to law school but you didn't need to be an attorney for it - it was a bunch of non-legal staff who prepared reports for the relevant partner committees about potential conflicts and what the partners of those clients thought.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

evilweasel posted:

I used to do conflicts before I went to law school but you didn't need to be an attorney for it - it was a bunch of non-legal staff who prepared reports for the relevant partner committees about potential conflicts and what the partners of those clients thought.

That's what I thought. My firm has never had one, but yesterday I found out we have an attorney working in conflicts, but attorney isn't part of her title. The firm looking for a conflicts attorney has attorney in the title and its a larger firm than we are.

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

the milk machine posted:

don't do your masters. just buy a book on javascript, learn what angular is and get a job paying $120k

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."
Happy Memorial Day, bitches.

Did you miss me?

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

I thought I felt queasy this morning.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

We had a good run, gentlemen. I will always remember the Month of Silence fondly.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

Soothing Vapors posted:

We had a good run, gentlemen. I will always remember the Month of Silence fondly.

Bitch, please. You couldn't go a week without pm'ing me. Btw gave you a shoutout in the latest DAI let's play.

Also, Alaska guy who might be getting laid off: last time that happened here one of the prosecutors who got the axe walked into the motor vehicle and misdemeanor court and nolled the entire docket. Dunno how much that cost the state, but he's a legend now. If you have to go, go like that. Also, get a better union.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
Welcome back. I forgot what sins you committed, but you are rehabilitated now. Do the private sector punks have to work today? Just another Monday to them, I reckon.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Honestly, I'm not rehabilitated at all because I don't think I did anything wrong. As I am unwilling to acknowledge guilt I am demonstrating poor rehabilitative potential.

However, it was pretty fun watching xylo have a temper tantrum justifying his decision. Would love to see screencaps of all these pm warning discussions that allegedly happened. I mean, for gently caress's sake if you are going to be the power tripping overlord of an online forum at least have the decency to own your tyranny.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Link to Let's Play? I can't bear the thought of digging through your post history to find it

Also if you keep shooting your dadburned fool mouth off you're gonna go right back to forums jail, dumbo

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Soothing Vapors posted:

Link to Let's Play? I can't bear the thought of digging through your post history to find it

Also if you keep shooting your dadburned fool mouth off you're gonna go right back to forums jail, dumbo

Phone posting. Will link later. And forums jail was great. Got. 2 briefs filed, took over as chair of a bar section, did 2 hearings on probable cause, opened the show I'm in, cast the one I'm directing, got approved to direct next year, was named to theater's executive board, remodeled bathroom, taught my kid to swim and got caught up on tv. Speaking at city Memorial Day service today.

If I ever get perma banned I'll probably make SCOTUS.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

ActusRhesus posted:

Phone posting. Will link later. And forums jail was great. Got. 2 briefs filed, took over as chair of a bar section, did 2 hearings on probable cause, opened the show I'm in, cast the one I'm directing, got approved to direct next year, was named to theater's executive board, remodeled bathroom, taught my kid to swim and got caught up on tv. Speaking at city Memorial Day service today.

God look how empty your life is without the forums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Lol that forums lunatic and state sponsored murderer, AR, has a more fulfilling life than any one of us.

Just kidding AR please don't sentence me to death if I'm ever in your state.