Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

Anyone else filled with a sense of existential malaise today?

I'm pooping for the second time this morning. It's not pleasant. Does that count?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

After 5 years of practicing law, I'm taking my first true vacation ever starting tomorrow, so, no.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

nm posted:

How much ya had to drink tonight, son?

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
^^^^^^^^
Drunk code means 1 beer is 1 case, 2 beers is 2 cases.

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

This os the lawyer thread

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

Just today?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

mikeraskol posted:

Just today?

I started drinking at 4pm yesterday and plan to start at 3pm today.

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

mastershakeman posted:

I started drinking at 4pm yesterday and plan to start at 3pm today.

So not on vacation I see?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jul 11, 2021

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

So not on vacation I see?

No. I can't go on vacation because the partner refuses to acknowledge my PTO requests via email or in person. I'm just going to call in sick instead I think

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

nm posted:

^^^^^^^^
Drunk code means 1 beer is 1 case, 2 beers is 2 cases.

"I had [ ] beer"

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Pale ale is good but their IPA is their most solid IMO.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
I'm too afraid to go on vacation. Means daddy ain't getting paid that week.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

I swear it gets better during midday as the weather cools off a bit. So, what's it like working for a law firm as a office assistant? Yes, I'm still looking a job that doesn't require manual labor.

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Lol at patent law discussion in scotus thread. Why isn't anyone discussing the latest qui tam opinion?!

patentmagus
May 19, 2013

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

Lol at patent law discussion in scotus thread. Why isn't anyone discussing the latest qui tam opinion?!

Copyright, not patent.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

patentmagus posted:

Copyright, not patent.

I read up on the details of the case after my initial questioning and decided not to post anything else

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

Nope.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Neither AR or SV have posted today. Did they finally give in and gently caress or something?

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

patentmagus posted:

Copyright, not patent.

Lol if you know the difference.

Green Crayons
Apr 2, 2009
Maybe they cobbled together what money they had after paying off student loans and were the fiends behind switch all of y'all's avatars.

And then typed up a cyber because meeting irl would be too much of a disappointment.

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

Apparently I was today as a co-worker screamed through my closed office door "QUIT BEING SO MOPEY GAMINGHYENA YOU'RE BRINGING THE OFFICE DOWN" while I talked with a client in my office.

Because nothing prevents burnout like good old fashioned screaming.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
My existential malaise has been briefly lifted in the hopes that the FIFA crackdown will expand to include a certain person located here, the prosecution of whom would flip the entire power structure of the island on its head and potentially eliminate a great deal of corruption.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

Eminent Domain
Sep 23, 2007

nm posted:

Neither AR or SV have posted today. Did they finally give in and gently caress or something?

This is what will herald the death of the thread, for the spawn would be the one true thread poster.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

Eminent Domain posted:

This is what will herald the death of the thread, for the spawn would be the one true thread poster.

liberate tuteme ex inferis

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Discendo Vox posted:

There are always alternatives, even if that doesn't pan out. You know what you have to do.

um. I hit him with a dodgeball once, does that count?

And subsequently got the offer to be Public Guardian yanked.

Which, in hindsight, was probably a good thing.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

nm posted:

They're playing '7 Minutes in Hinterland'

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

Eminent Domain posted:

And I saw a beast rising out of AR, with ten rotating avatars and seven alts, with ten SCOTUS justices of old on its avs and a tattoo that spake "4th Amendment? lmao". And the beast that I saw was like a confused 2L; its feet were like Posner's, and its mouth was like Chemerinksky's mouth. And to it SV gave his power and his shitposting throne and great authority. One of its alts seemed to have been probated, but its probation eventually ended, and the whole thread marveled as they followed the beast. And they worshiped SV, for he had given his authority to the beast, and they worshiped the beast, saying, “Who is like the beast, and who can argue against it?” And the beast was given a mouth uttering disdain for American jurisprudence and modern law firm organizational structure, and it was given mod authority for forty-two months. ...

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Abugadu posted:

And I saw a beast rising out of AR, with ten rotating avatars and seven alts, with ten SCOTUS justices of old on its avs and a tattoo that spake "4th Amendment? lmao". And the beast that I saw was like a confused 2L; its feet were like Posner's, and its mouth was like Chemerinksky's mouth. And to it SV gave his power and his shitposting throne and great authority. One of its alts seemed to have been probated, but its probation eventually ended, and the whole thread marveled as they followed the beast. And they worshiped SV, for he had given his authority to the beast, and they worshiped the beast, saying, “Who is like the beast, and who can argue against it?” And the beast was given a mouth uttering disdain for American jurisprudence and modern law firm organizational structure, and it was given mod authority for forty-two months. ...

And they say people don't read the scripture anymore. :catholic:

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."
Jeez. You guys really can't go 24 hours without talking about me, can you? Game of thrones episode 4 launched. Priorities.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

ActusRhesus posted:

Jeez. You guys really can't go 24 hours without talking about me, can you? Game of thrones episode 4 launched. Priorities.

You're way behind.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."
Game, not show. Show's been excellent this season.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

ActusRhesus posted:

Game, not show. Show's been excellent this season.

You must be a season or two behind.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

No. It may be because for once I don't know what's going to happen but I've enjoyed it.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

Abugadu posted:

Abugadu is such a better name for a Prophet of the Apocalypse than boring old 'John.'

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I'm reading a sovcit affidavit where he repeatedly describes himself as the bearer of footprints, then yep, a few pages later, there are indeed some footprints attached to his affidavit. I'm boggled.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Guess what I'm doing on my first day of vacation ever as a professional? Sitting in the office, doing some last minute emails/billing/responding to OC!

Go to law school, kids!

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

mastershakeman posted:

I'm reading a sovcit affidavit where he repeatedly describes himself as the bearer of footprints, then yep, a few pages later, there are indeed some footprints attached to his affidavit. I'm boggled.

Having Ninja Babies (without the mark of the beast) posted:

Almost all hospitals will give you an original birth record with footprints that they call a souvenir. This is not a toy or keepsake. This is the actual hospital proof of nativity and will get you a passport without a birth certificate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nm
Jan 28, 2008

ActusRhesus posted:

No denial.