Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roger_Mudd
Jul 18, 2003

Buglord

Monaghan posted:

I'm stil waiting to see if any of my clients look me up on facebook and see my cosplay photos. So far they haven't mentioned it.

Share them so that we might proffer our opinions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Compusaurus
May 29, 2003
OK, I WILL, IN A MINUTE...

mastershakeman posted:

My standard of living would be great if my wife paid for everything and my dad gave me a bunch of fun money

Marry up. That's how I get by every soul crushing day.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Compusaurus posted:

Marry up. That's how I get by every soul crushing day.

I did but haven't yet sold her on my plan of being a stay at home dad. Yet.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Roger_Mudd posted:

I'll spare this thread the sight of me shirtless, with a red coat and white wig. I loving nailed the sword though.

http://i.imgur.com/1Au1GGI.jpg

Compusaurus
May 29, 2003

mastershakeman posted:

I only half-jokingly tell her that's the plan in six years when she is finished with residency. I'm hoping she'll be too busy to notice that I'm not working anymore.

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest

mastershakeman posted:

"So, I can be a stay at home mom when you're done with law school, right?"

"Yeah, about that..."

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

So, oc responded to our rejection of settlement with a bitchy and sarcastic insult. That's good, right?

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

So, oc responded to our rejection of settlement with a bitchy and sarcastic insult. That's good, right?

Yeah. It's good whenever you get someone to lose their cool.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

ActusRhesus posted:

Yes, but...duchesne.

Btw. Anyone hear from SV? He's been gone an uncharacteristically long time. And was kind of a cranky butt last we saw him.

He was probated.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
Hey guys, he's what happens when ypu go to law school in russia:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3729768

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
hey patent dudes:

Let's say an examiner is examining an application claiming priority from a jumbo spec provisional, with other siblings filed on the same day claiming priority to same provisional, where sibling discloses, but doesn't claim, claims at issue. Does the examiner issue double patenting rejection over every other patent and non-abandoned application with a "comprising" transitional phrase in any claim, on the theory that, e.g., claims from other patent + spec from sibling = obvious to do claimed invention along with invention from patent because the spec from sibling (a programmable computer/system/etc. can be programmed to do more than one thing on the same time; obvious to use one computer to save money instead of buying two computers)?

asking for a friend

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

nm posted:

Hey guys, he's what happens when ypu go to law school in russia:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3729768

Yeah but I bet his student loans are like nothing.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

hey patent dudes:

Let's say an examiner is examining an application claiming priority from a jumbo spec provisional, with other siblings filed on the same day claiming priority to same provisional, where sibling discloses, but doesn't claim, claims at issue. Does the examiner issue double patenting rejection over every other patent and non-abandoned application with a "comprising" transitional phrase in any claim, on the theory that, e.g., claims from other patent + spec from sibling = obvious to do claimed invention along with invention from patent because the spec from sibling (a programmable computer/system/etc. can be programmed to do more than one thing on the same time; obvious to use one computer to save money instead of buying two computers)?

asking for a friend

No. Go reread MPEP 804 II.B.1. "When considering whether the invention defined in a claim of an application would have been an obvious variation of the invention defined in the claim of a patent, the disclosure of the patent may not be used as prior art." General Foods v Studiengesellschaft, 972 F2d 1272.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Nerrrrrrdddddddssssssssss

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Toona the Cat posted:

"So, I can be a stay at home mom when you're done with law school, right?"

"Yeah, about that..."

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/20/us/many-women-at-elite-colleges-set-career-path-to-motherhood.html

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kalman posted:

No. Go reread MPEP 804 II.B.1. "When considering whether the invention defined in a claim of an application would have been an obvious variation of the invention defined in the claim of a patent, the disclosure of the patent may not be used as prior art." General Foods v Studiengesellschaft, 972 F2d 1272.

A patent's sibling's disclosure is not the patent's disclosure

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Roger_Mudd posted:

He almost fell for it.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

I would appeal that twice from Sunday, and win every time, because there's no good reason that the logic applying to a sibling patent's disclosure wouldn't apply to the sibling application's disclosure. The point of OTDP is to reject over claims that are obvious over one another, not over applications - if you want to reject over the spec, you'd need to 103 it. (Which you can't.)

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Sounds like you really want to issue this rejection. I think you should go for it since examiners are immune to consequence from their actions.

By the way have examiners received a memo for the Williamson v Citrix 112f decision yet? My coworkers in the software/controls section are mad upset over it since a huge percent of jp apps claim "module", "unit", etc. (if not "means" straight up) and they have to translate based on the jp app.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

Soothing Vapors posted:

Guess what AR? The plucky racist girl reporters over at SASS found out that D&D superstar Zeitgeist is super into naked kids, to the tune of gigs of pictures

This is the kind of person you waste your life arguing with. You goddamn dumbo

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Who the hell reported this? This is supposed to be a safe place.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

Monaghan posted:

I'll spare this thread the sight of me shirtless, with a red coat and white wig. I loving nailed the sword though.

http://i.imgur.com/1Au1GGI.jpg

Clean your carpet you goddamn swine.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

ActusRhesus posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if everyone who referenced that incident got one.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

joat mon posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if everyone who referenced that incident got one.

Those pedos will circle the wagons on you.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

ActusRhesus posted:

Clean your carpet you goddamn swine.

GoonCouch.jpg

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

blarzgh posted:

Those pedos will circle the wagons on you.

The thin sticky line.

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

quote:

Emily Lechner, one of Ms. Liu's roommates, hopes to stay home a few years, then work part time as a lawyer once her children are in school.
Do part-time lawyer positions even exist?

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

ActusRhesus posted:

The thin sticky line.

"Did you order the Aa Trek!?"

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zo posted:

By the way have examiners received a memo for the Williamson v Citrix 112f decision yet? My coworkers in the software/controls section are mad upset over it since a huge percent of jp apps claim "module", "unit", etc. (if not "means" straight up) and they have to translate based on the jp app.

getting training tomorrow.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kalman posted:

I would appeal that twice from Sunday, and win every time, because there's no good reason that the logic applying to a sibling patent's disclosure wouldn't apply to the sibling application's disclosure. The point of OTDP is to reject over claims that are obvious over one another, not over applications - if you want to reject over the spec, you'd need to 103 it. (Which you can't.)

it's just a terminal disclaimer you baby

Anyway, I think I'm gonna talk to my SPE about improper timewise extension because I think it's that issue. Parent claims "comprising ABC", child claims "comprising ABD" and C and D are both novel. Except it's a child, so the "timewise" part doesn't apply. Ugh.

e: What I forgot before is the sibling isn't available as prior art because it has the same effective filing date, d'oh.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Secks Cauldron posted:

Yes, in government. The only bad thing is if you work half time, your pension accumulates half as slow. One of our best lawyers works like 2/3rds time.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

And a lot of government lawyers don't work at all. :downsrim:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Secks Cauldron posted:

Yeah, I know at least three who do it. It's an incredible gig if you can get it.

HiddenReplaced
Apr 21, 2007

Yeah...
it's wanking time.

Compusaurus posted:

I only half-jokingly tell her that's the plan in six years when she is finished with residency. I'm hoping she'll be too busy to notice that I'm not working anymore.

My wife is in her last year of residency.

I couldn't wait and just gave notice this week.

Compusaurus
May 29, 2003

HiddenReplaced posted:

Congrats! You're living the dream. What will you do if you're no longer commuting to the burbs?

The answer is probably develop a crippling MMO addiction.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

mastershakeman posted:

Yeah, I know at least three who do it. It's an incredible gig if you can get it.

Here's a 20 hour a week job as an international lawyer

http://www.justice.gov/legal-careers/job/general-attorney-11

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Compusaurus posted:

Congrats! You're living the dream. What will you do if you're no longer commuting to the burbs?

The answer is probably develop a crippling MMO addiction.

He can start by getting out of the hinterlands.

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

I thought short arms were good for benching :smith:

HiddenReplaced posted:

You gonna be a trophy husband?

The Dagda
Nov 22, 2005

mastershakeman posted:

One of my coworkers is part-time, it's amazing. She genuinely doesn't answer emails or do other work when she's not here, too.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

echopapa do you need to work when your island has no internet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

ActusRhesus posted:

Zeitgueist regularly name-searched himself. It stands to reason his parachute account does the same.