Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

6 is the best in the series at least as far as villains go. 7 is nothing but a momma's boy running around sulking, and some guy that wants to be someone else so bad he really thinks he's got someone else's memories.

8 is the best one.

Fight me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

Fast and Furious 8 already came out?

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

nm posted:

Ahaha, the legal questions thread.

It's no surprise Blazrgh would be a complex gas attorney, his posts are always full of hot air! Hi-yo!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

disjoe posted:

8 is the best one.

Fight me.

I never could get into it. I also didn't have a playstation and had an n64 for a few years so the only one that I really played much of when it was new was FFT. Any of the rest of the PS titles I played later on. I picked back up on PS2 with X

Tokelau All Star posted:

We've moved on to better FF discussion, of which there are 14 numbered and a little over half a dozen spinoffs/sequels.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Tokelau All Star posted:

They're talking about final fantasy, which confused me for a bit too

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

Nobody talks much about final Fantasy XII, which is a shame because it was really fun. I played it a couple years back but never finished it because bar exam studies got in the way. I was pretty far too but I was in that rough position of forgetting how to play it and being too far along to not want to start over.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I never played 12. 13 was decent.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
You're all wrong, 9 was best.

If you ignore the second final boss.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
6>4>10>1>7>8>9>8>who cares about the others

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
7 is getting a remake. Gonna buy a PS4 just so I can see Mukki again.

They better not remove that fuckin' HoneyBee Inn scene.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

14 is actually really good. Even if you don't do any of the mmo stuff and just do the main story, it's still like a 300 hour final fantasy right now. Plus all the callbacks to older games is loving amazing.

The 24 man dungeons in 2.x, for example, were based off the end game of FF3. They even went as far as to have mobs standing in the same order they appeared in random encounters way back when. The new 24 man ones coming out next month a presumably based off of FF6 as they involve the warring triad, people have already found where kefka might be imprisoned, and they have a puppy minion named Ghestal that was recently put into the game. You can already dress up like setzer if that's your thing, as well.

prussian advisor
Jan 15, 2007

The day you see a camera come into our courtroom, its going to roll over my dead body.
The best Final Fantasy is Chrono Trigger.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

prussian advisor posted:

Of course it was great toriyamasan drew it. You basically are a ginger goku which was just loving amazing to 11 year old me

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

I was thinking the other day about how huge FF7 was, and trying to develop that again with modern assets must be... laborious.

I want to see Hojo on the beach in full 1080 glory. Other than that, whatever.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
"what's your favorite turbonegro song" is a question I want to be asked at an interview

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

"what's your favorite turbonegro song" is a question I want to be asked at an interview

The answer is Prince of the Rodeo

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
I still call 6 "Final Fantasy 3" in my head/heart.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Also, one of the great disappointments of my life was that I was never able to find a working emulator of Secret of Evermore; perhaps the most underrated SNES/Sega RPG of all time.

Zarkov Cortez
Aug 18, 2007

Alas, our kitten class attack ships were no match for their mighty chairs

prussian advisor posted:

Yes

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Damnit I missed out on some good stuff in the legal questions thread didn't I

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Yeah, euphro got a good burn in on blarzgh

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

Yeah, euphro got a good burn in on blarzgh

link pls.

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3266659&pagenumber=516&perpage=40#post451139327

Last three pages of legal questions have been decently nutty. There's definitely a paranoid schizophrenic who's harassing coeds trying to get a 1983 claim or something.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."
I was expecting a better burn. we have already run the traffic lawyer shtick into the ground.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3266659&pagenumber=516&perpage=40#post451139327

Last three pages of legal questions have been decently nutty. There's definitely a paranoid schizophrenic who's harassing coeds trying to get a 1983 claim or something.

Autism spectrum disorder. He posted in the thread about a year ago.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

It all got edited though

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

joat mon posted:

Autism spectrum disorder. He posted in the thread about a year ago.

oh for gently caress's sake.

I am rapidly becoming convinced that "the spectrum" is in most cases a made up construct for people who can't decide exactly what kind of trendy designer retard they want to be.

tau
Mar 20, 2003

Sigillum Universitatis Kansiensis
Holy poo poo, I think I won the fantasy baseball league. Suck it, bitches.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

ActusRhesus posted:

I am rapidly becoming convinced that "the spectrum" is in most cases a made up construct for people who can't decide exactly what kind of trendy designer retard they want to be.

Nobody ever wants to claim they're Borderline. Or Cluster B.

If they do, that's code for run away as fast as possible. Especially for Borderline.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jul 11, 2021

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?

ActusRhesus posted:

Oh, you're referring to the "rear end in a top hat Disorder."

Frequently found in comorbidity with the "Entitled Manchild Disorder."

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

tau posted:

Holy poo poo, I think I won the fantasy baseball league. Suck it, bitches.

I think I won my d&d game last night. Suck it, bitches.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

nm posted:

I think I won my d&d game last night. Suck it, bitches.

I'm currently involved in a long con with my DM. it's awesome.

HiddenReplaced
Apr 21, 2007

Yeah...
it's wanking time.

ActusRhesus posted:

I'm currently involved in a long con with my DM. it's awesome.

The DM of my Shadowrun game gave us access to plastic explosives in order to get into a safe. I used it to blow up the primary protagonist's house.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I only won d&d once. Our party read allied with the king of the hobgoblin empire, who was the most absurd martial in the world (killed fire giant king unarmed in single combat kind of guy). We gave this dude the Intel on where to find an antimagic beam thing, and he wrecked a ton of ultra high level mages he had a grudge against.

Of course my character hated him but could do nothing, and the dm screwed up in the final fight and had this guy get knocked out for dramatic effect when the big boss novaed upon death. I was the only one left standing and instead of healing allies simply chopped this guy's head off (the party members would have sided with him over me). Dm really didn't see it coming

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jul 11, 2021

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Why would you get complaints?

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Discendo Vox posted:

I need some help. I'm teaching a course in legal rhetoric, and I want my students to have an online discussion about a court decision (or an excerpt from one) that is short, interesting, and either very rhetorically good, or rhetorically godawful at making its argument. I'll have them figure out what worked or didn't work about how the judge argued the decision, and suggest ways to improve it.

It doesn't have to be SCOTUS-heck, the main course materials(which I can't change) have way too much Supreme Court, so something lower would be a good change of pace. This is your chance to shape the minds of future lawyers debate coaches and paralegals!

(no, I'm not going to use the CNMI rape case- I'd get too many complaints. But if we're shooting for bad rhetoric, that's in the right ballpark of terrible.)

http://www.yalelawjournal.org/forum/ritchie-v-rupe

https://scholar.google.com/scholar_case?case=6880716916198538956&hl=en&as_sdt=6&as_vis=1&oi=scholarr

blarzgh fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Oct 11, 2015

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Jul 11, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

mastershakeman posted:

I only won d&d once. Our party read allied with the king of the hobgoblin empire, who was the most absurd martial in the world (killed fire giant king unarmed in single combat kind of guy). We gave this dude the Intel on where to find an antimagic beam thing, and he wrecked a ton of ultra high level mages he had a grudge against.

Of course my character hated him but could do nothing, and the dm screwed up in the final fight and had this guy get knocked out for dramatic effect when the big boss novaed upon death. I was the only one left standing and instead of healing allies simply chopped this guy's head off (the party members would have sided with him over me). Dm really didn't see it coming

I want to learn how to D&D so I can run a goblin campaign.

"Ok. Roll six dice. Those are your stats."

"The goblin chief has demanded you make a cake for his birthday. Make a lore check."

"Ten."

"You know a cake has eggs, butter, flour, and sugar in it but you don't know what flour is."