Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

blarzgh posted:

Although I've never played League of Legends or DOTA, it's essentially a fps version of those games.

That's Battleborn. Overwatch is TF2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

I play pathfinder adventures on my phone!

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Discendo Vox posted:

Female characters with revealing outfits.

https://efchan.net/bed/src/nphcrlec88ao.jpg

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

What's that like? I miss playing d&d although I might soon with a literal monk who's going to host sessions in a monastery

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

mastershakeman posted:

What's that like? I miss playing d&d although I might soon with a literal monk who's going to host sessions in a monastery

What class does he play?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Ainsley McTree posted:

What class does he play?

Well we're going to play red box and I think monk isnt playable in that and is instead called a mystic? So I expect he will be the priest. Somehow the d&d people I know are vastly more religious than everyone else (out of ten people there's said monk, a Catholic priest, and a guy who got a master's in divinity library science)

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

mastershakeman posted:

You should check out Roll20; it's a versatile tabletop RPG thing built on google hangouts technology. It's been a great way to keep up with old buds over a long distance and they support a huge variety of games.

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Pathfinder is fine. Something to do on the plane and in hotels. No social interaction kind of sucks though.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Roger_Mudd posted:

Anyone else playing Xcom2 a bunch?

It's much more interesting than practicing law.

I played the poo poo out of XCOM2 on my Microsoft Surface on lowest setting and it was playable, and awesome and great, but when I downloaded the DLC for whatever reason even the lowest settings were too much, which was really annoying.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
I just play Dota 2 (somewhat infrequently). After a lovely day at work its pretty fun to go home and play a game where even more people can poo poo on you and yell at you.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
I ride my bike instead because I'm sick of being a fat loving goon on the couch.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jul 13, 2021

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Some days I'm a triage nurse instead of a lawyer

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

Is that like Hearthstone or something?

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

CaptainScraps posted:

Some days I'm a triage nurse instead of a lawyer

Unless there is literal poo poo and piss and blood in your office you need to get a grip

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Nurses have it way worse and work way harder, which is why they are paid way more than lawyers commensurately

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Unless there is literal poo poo and piss and blood in your office you need to get a grip

I've had all three from the same client!

Nurses are way better people than I am.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Total Warhammer is really really good

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

terrorist ambulance posted:

I'm downloading this as we speak and I'm hoping it doesn't melt my computer because my rig's weak link is an overclocked POS CPU

The last time I took a risk was law school and that didn't work out great, but I think I'm about ready to try something risky again

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
It's processor intensive but despite the fact that even really high end rigs can't run it at 60FPS+, low or medium end computers seem to run it OK

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

An objectively correct opinion that we can all agree with.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

SlothBear posted:

Nah man those type of games suck

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

SlothBear posted:

I heard it was real crappy, that's good to know

Also witcher 3 patch notes are rad as heck I'm pumped for this expansion

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

How's the single player campaign? Public speaking and carrying the burden of proof all day means I want the comfort of solitary slaughter of space orcs sometimes.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

BigHead posted:

How's the single player campaign? Public speaking and carrying the burden of proof all day means I want the comfort of solitary slaughter of space orcs sometimes.

p gud

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

sullat posted:

Is that like Hearthstone or something?

It's just pathfinder on the phone.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

BigHead posted:

I haven't tried multiplayer at all, have just played single player, have really enjoyed it as much as / more than any Total War. Even Shogun 2. There's some minor polish issues (ie: should probably DL a mod to disable really overly aggressive enemy agents), but is really good for a TW game onr elease

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

You're all assholes and I'm buying TW: Warhammer right now.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Arcturas posted:

You're all assholes and I'm buying TW: Warhammer right now.

Good.

Roger_Mudd
Jul 18, 2003

Buglord
I'll mention Xcom 2 and then I'll have law buddies to play with. It's the perfect plan....

"Buying TW:Warhammer"

Nooooooooooooooo :smugjones:

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
If I've never played a Total War game, what's the best one to start with?

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Probably Shogun 2 though Rome has a special place in my heart, especially modded with total realism...so many hours wasted. I made a whole family tree using Freemind, with each member's significant victories, whether they were consul or governor of a major city, RPing a whole soap opera between the branches of the dynasty...tremendous opportunities for geeking out.

HiddenReplaced
Apr 21, 2007

Yeah...
it's wanking time.

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Probably Shogun 2 though Rome has a special place in my heart, especially modded with total realism...so many hours wasted. I made a whole family tree using Freemind, with each member's significant victories, whether they were consul or governor of a major city, RPing a whole soap opera between the branches of the dynasty...tremendous opportunities for geeking out.

Wow...

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
total warhammer is p good

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Life was pretty free before wife/kids

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

That's why I'm getting a vasectomy.

ProSlayer
Aug 11, 2008

Hi friend
http://fortune.com/2016/02/05/lawyers-drinking-depression/

quote:

And 28% are depressed
America’s lawyers aren’t happy.

One in five licensed lawyers having a drinking problem, while almost one in three experienced symptoms of depression, according to a new study published in the February issue of the Journal of Addiction Medicine.

Men and young lawyers were found to be particularly at-risk for drinking problems. For instance, 25% of male lawyers tested positively for hazardous, potentially dependent drinking. And over 30% of lawyers 30 years old or younger had similarly alarming scores on the alcohol use test. Only about 11.8% of the highly-educated workforce has a drinking problem, according to the study, which was conducted by the American Bar Association in tandem with the Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation.

Apparently, lawyers aren't very happy. Who would have thought?

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

So I am sitting here at a baseball game with the in laws and all J can think about is how it'd be nice to be able to review these discovery responses we got last week to prep an MSJ. I'm not sure if that says more about me or baseball.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Arcturas posted:

So I am sitting here at a baseball game with the in laws and all J can think about is how it'd be nice to be able to review these discovery responses we got last week to prep an MSJ. I'm not sure if that says more about me or baseball.

Baseball. You're supposed to get drunk and leer at women during baseball games because the on field play is irrelevant. And since youre a lawyer getting drunk should be second nature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Baseball is great because you can get blackout drink in the third inning and be sober by the ninth