Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Applebee123
Oct 9, 2007

That's 10$ for the spinefund.
Looks like a new low for salaries for new lawyers. According to abovethelaw some firms may move to offers of salaries of negative $42,000 a year.

http://abovethelaw.com/2010/05/smu-will-pay-you-to-hire-their-graduates/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebee123
Oct 9, 2007

GregNorc posted:

haha, some people drink when they stressed about the future... I start looking at law schools.

(I started a pretty major research gig and was making GBS threads myself I hadn't come up with a study idea yet... got told by my PI today I'm doing exceptionally well so far and have a better handle on what I need to study than some of the doctoral students, which was a relief). So the PhD track is not a lost hope after all (and failing that, I just made plans to meet with some people at Defcon who might be able to land me a pentesting gig...)

On another note, do 'spergers get URM status? I jokingly suggested one of my friends who's currently looking at materials science poo poo to write an essay about how spergin out effected his life and poo poo and he could totally get a free ride to HYS, and now he's obsessed with the idea he can go to Yale for free because of his "disability" :airquote:

The closest he can get is probaly an extra hour in every exam he sits, if he spins it right.

Applebee123
Oct 9, 2007

SWATJester posted:

AHAHAHAHHA Got a B+ on that terrible rear end paper on whether avatars in MMORPGs should be afforded human rights protections.

So what was your conclusion?

Applebee123
Oct 9, 2007

I think the problem with doc review is you are doomed to not find anything better, at least with small law firms you might actually pick up on whatever area of law you are practicing and be able to move firms or go solo. You can't go solo in doc review and there aren't any better paying jobs in it either. You aren't even learning anything in doc review.

Applebee123
Oct 9, 2007

Direwolf posted:

I'm tired of the anti-Vulcan judicial activism on this court

It sounds like you are a supporter of the so called Vulcan agenda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebee123
Oct 9, 2007

Linguica posted:

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/2256.html

They punted on the free speech issue though:

The resembles a minor part does seem noteworthy. If you make a computer generated/photo realisim painting of a minor and it happens by chance to resemble any minor anywhere in the entire world that seems like it would be under the prohibition? It doesn't appear to have a requirement you knowingly intended for it to resemble a specific minor.

Example of a photo-realisim painting:
http://www.drublair.com/comersus/store/tica.asp