Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wacko_-
Mar 29, 2004
You guys with 170+ LSATs are such nerds. I bet you all passed the MPRE on your first try too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wacko_-
Mar 29, 2004

HiddenReplaced posted:

HEY GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!

That loving firm that told me they were going to hire me just told me they're not LOL JK JK JK SORRRY ABOUT THAT!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to tell my fiance that they lied to me and that we get to continue living hundreds of miles apart.

They had me do four interviews, strung me along for two months, and then this? If they didn't know if they were going to be able to make an offer then they shouldn't have told me they were going to. I wouldn't be as upset if they hadn't told me an offer was coming and I hadn't told my fiance that. She's going to be heartbroken by this.

Also, "good and bad news"? WHERE THE gently caress IS THE GOOD NEWS IN THAT loving EMAIL?!?!!?

The good news is that profits per partner won't be affected. They BCC'd all the partners on that email so they'd know. The good news wasn't for you.

Sorry to hear that. Happened to me in 2009 and early in 2012. Now, I try to keep the door closed so more files don't show up. Winning.

wacko_-
Mar 29, 2004

nm posted:

Someone asked about law school and some Texas Tech student is trying to convince then that Texas Tech is a school that won't just get you a job in Texas, but anywhere.
Also, apparently, you should go to SMU of international panda law.
The kool-aid must taste great.

No way someone from Texas Tech is that dumb.

Wait no, actually that's totally believable now that I think about the people I know who have degrees from there.

At least they're keeping the faculty employed.

wacko_-
Mar 29, 2004

Omerta posted:

Hey HR/other GA people, how much did you study for the GA essays?

The bare minimum. I got caught off guard by a family law question. Still passed easily.

wacko_-
Mar 29, 2004

nm posted:

I'm on vacation on the coast, drinking a beer, and don't even have access to my work email. Woo!

Likely story Mr. Still Posting on the Interwebs. I'm calling your boss.

I'm taking a long weekend starting Thurs next week. The amount of work in having to finish before I leave is insane. Almost makes me not want to go on my trip. Almost.

wacko_-
Mar 29, 2004

nm posted:

I work for the government. I think my boss is on safari.

Some sequester this is! Fat cat government workers going on safari.

There really should be more not bar exam talk this time of year. Shouldn't people be freaking out about wait lists or something? Or layoffs?

wacko_-
Mar 29, 2004

Baruch Obamawitz posted:

I've finally reached the pinnacle of patent examinering. A 102 rejection without art.

Claims are directed to a database comprising data objects without claiming that the data is actually used in any way, rejected under official notice of a database and the printed matter doctrine.

I'm glad someone is fighting back against crap like that.

On the other hand, if you just allowed it, maybe they'll RCE you so they can get a patent that's not laughably unenforceable on its face.

wacko_-
Mar 29, 2004
Well. A trip to Japan in mid September.

:woop:

This is why I bill.

wacko_-
Mar 29, 2004

Mons Hubris posted:

What does a consultant actually do all day anyway?

I always wondered that in my previous life as a non-lawyer. I think the answer requires asking another consultant.

wacko_-
Mar 29, 2004

Baruch Obamawitz posted:

things I hate: people who use courier new

Out of curiosity, do you get annoyed by everyone using Arial? I'm using Times New Roman because I print everything out anyway and it looks better to me.

I'm not a typography nerd, but I like serif fonts better.

P.S. never allow if they use Courier New.

wacko_-
Mar 29, 2004

Kalman posted:

Why would you want to increase page counts? I'm still at work trying to cut a Markman section in half to fit my allotted page count.

This. We've never have pages to spare on items with page limits.

Baruch Obamawitz posted:

I use Arial because I can't figure out how to change it.

Lies, you use Comic Sans in your Office Actions.

wacko_-
Mar 29, 2004

Baruch Obamawitz posted:

Here's a new one: reporting an attorney to OED because I found out he had been arrested for trying to pick up a 14 year old online when I was googling a phone number for him.

The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office's public outreach at work.

So you were going to allow?!?

wacko_-
Mar 29, 2004
All this talk about vacation is destroying the economy.

Work is sending me to Japan next week. I accidentally booked my flight so I have a few days to be a tourist. This is the closest thing to a vacation I'll get this year.

wacko_-
Mar 29, 2004

Baruch Obamawitz posted:

Trying to process an abandonment for failure to respond by six month date, no customer number on file, and apparently we're supposed to call the applicant to make sure they didn't file and the paperwork got lost on our end somehow before we process the abandonment.

I can't wait for a deranged blog post from the attorney saying the PTO is out to deprive inventors and their attorneys of their rights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wacko_-
Mar 29, 2004

Kalman posted:

The same thing from 6 different people for 30 minutes each.

Seriously.

Every law firm interview day ever.