Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agent019
Jun 28, 2002
LOL, ONLY DUMB PEOPLE WORK AT MCDONALD'S
Get over yourself, douchebag.
Director: Pierre Morel
Release Date: February 5, 2010

Starring:

John Trovolta
Jonathan Reys Meyers
Some Hot Chick

While Jonathan Reys Meyers plays the starring roll of James Reese, an employee to the US Ambassador, his costar John Travolta aka Wax steals the light for most of the movie.

I had low expectations for this movie going into it since John Travolta's all Scientology out and bullshit like that, but I must say I was surprised. The character of Wax is surprisingly action hero esc, witty, humorous and you hit things off well. He could be your coolest friend ever. John Reese is a wet blanket and you spend some time wishing he would get shot but it's not terrible.

John Travolta plays Wax, a US spy and all around baddass and is sent to Paris on a mission. His partner is the not spy type John Reese. This unlikely duo pals around Paris enjoying the sights, doing blow, loving hookers, and killing bad guys with his gun. This isn't James Bond but it could be if it had gadgets.

Wax is a somewhat developed character and while this movie moved around a bit it stayed linear and had a pretty predictable ending after they revealed the big twist. As action movies goes this is above average and put John Travolta back into my movie stars that I'll go see page. There is a very nice scene towards the end with a Bazooka that I enjoyed.

It's worth hitting the theaters to see but a must rent if not a good buy on Blu-Ray for any action movies fan.

Pros: Good plot, Nice twist, lots of action.
Cons: No Scientologist die, some irritating moments by the not John Travolta Character, don't kill people message.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GunStar Hero Blue
Jul 6, 2004

Zombies!
I thought this was a subtle tongue-in-cheek parody of action movies for the first half hour or so. It's not.

The characters are flat and the acting is second-rate. It looks like they shot it in 3 days so everyone could go home. The plot was almost nonexistent and yet still painfully predictable. Rhys Meyers is horrible, which is weird because I thought he was good on The Tudors. The script didn't have a single believable or interesting moment. Anything that made it R-rated was so by the numbers they might as well have made it PG-13 and made a few extra bucks. By the way, I loved Alien vs Predator, so it's not like I'm being uppity here. Was everyone just too hungover when they made this?

I chuckled once or twice at Travolta's antics, and when Rhys Meyers was carrying a vase full of cocaine around Paris for a bit, but that was it.

I really can't stress enough how bland and unsatisfying this experience was. This must be how girls feel after having sex with me.

1/5