Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«108 »
Holyshoot
May 5, 2010

Whiskey A Go Go! posted:

I rather not say anything unless I get the new job. My company is paranoid about what it is said about them by employees.

Edit: I just got the job offer! Only 2 weeks left!

Now you have to tell us what poo poo hole company this is!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Whiskey A Go Go! posted:

I rather not say anything unless I get the new job. My company is paranoid about what it is said about them by employees.

Edit: I just got the job offer! Only 2 weeks left!

Then it's for sure the company I think it is.

Whiskey A Go Go!
May 7, 2007

For legal reasons, the answer is no. For anecdotal reasons...sure why not.

It's Xplornet Communications. Knowing I will out of there in 2 weeks and into a position where I can use my education with better pay is making it more excited that I should be.

you ate my cat
Jul 1, 2007

I've decided to move to be closer to my girlfriend, hopefully this fall, and in the process will be quitting. I intend to never work in another call center again in my life. I've spent 8 of the last 10 years in ISP tech support, and I am incredibly tired of it.

I'm doing it, guys, I'm getting out. I swear it's real this time.

Whiskey A Go Go!
May 7, 2007

Well my call center officially got weird since I gave them my resignation. My Team Manager and Project Manager were happy to see me get a position in my field and have been superstars trying to help me get my project handed off. Others have been kinda dick-ish. Most of my co-workers are slowly finding out and some are congratulating me for getting out of the call center industry. Some are being really petty and are not talking to me because I will not be part of the company in the near future.

The worst treatment is from upper management. They are panicking because they did not except me to leave nor did they think that I was going to leave before December when our web hosting migration was going to take place. They feel like people in projects have a sense of fealty with the company for all the things they are doing for them as it results in time not taking phone calls. HR originally offered me 50 cents a hour more for the same job, which I declined. They then wanted me to show them a copy of my offer which I also declined and asked them to respect my privacy in the fact that I am going to a position that in my field that uses my university education in business administration HR then got me to fill out a exit interview, which I took my time doing because it was the end of the day and I didn't want to go on the phones when we were having another outage.

Then I got called into a meeting by the Vice President of Customer Care yesterday. It was the most awkward 30 minutes of my working life. I was greeted by the VP like I was her friend and she was giving me coffee and protein bars the whole time. She gave me a speech about how Xplornet values employees like family and wanted to make sure I would stay in this family to make it better. She then offered me a dollar raise and as much time off the phones as I wanted with more project work. I asked if the work was going to be related to my field of study and be useful for the career goals I was trying to pursuit. She couldn't give me a straight answer but she told me that I am too important in my tech skills to be given full time positions off the phone. I now know that they have no interest to retaining me for any other role than Front Line Tech Support.

If anything, the meetings pretty much confirmed my decision to leave as being right. I am having my first long weekend in 3 years and I am enjoying the gently caress out of it until Tuesday when the last week countdown begins.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Whiskey A Go Go! posted:

Well my call center officially got weird since I gave them my resignation. My Team Manager and Project Manager were happy to see me get a position in my field and have been superstars trying to help me get my project handed off. Others have been kinda dick-ish. Most of my co-workers are slowly finding out and some are congratulating me for getting out of the call center industry. Some are being really petty and are not talking to me because I will not be part of the company in the near future.

The worst treatment is from upper management. They are panicking because they did not except me to leave nor did they think that I was going to leave before December when our web hosting migration was going to take place. They feel like people in projects have a sense of fealty with the company for all the things they are doing for them as it results in time not taking phone calls. HR originally offered me 50 cents a hour more for the same job, which I declined. They then wanted me to show them a copy of my offer which I also declined and asked them to respect my privacy in the fact that I am going to a position that in my field that uses my university education in business administration HR then got me to fill out a exit interview, which I took my time doing because it was the end of the day and I didn't want to go on the phones when we were having another outage.

Then I got called into a meeting by the Vice President of Customer Care yesterday. It was the most awkward 30 minutes of my working life. I was greeted by the VP like I was her friend and she was giving me coffee and protein bars the whole time. She gave me a speech about how Xplornet values employees like family and wanted to make sure I would stay in this family to make it better. She then offered me a dollar raise and as much time off the phones as I wanted with more project work. I asked if the work was going to be related to my field of study and be useful for the career goals I was trying to pursuit. She couldn't give me a straight answer but she told me that I am too important in my tech skills to be given full time positions off the phone. I now know that they have no interest to retaining me for any other role than Front Line Tech Support.

If anything, the meetings pretty much confirmed my decision to leave as being right. I am having my first long weekend in 3 years and I am enjoying the gently caress out of it until Tuesday when the last week countdown begins.

So your HR department violated Canadian law, good job idiots.

moonsour
Feb 13, 2007

Ortowned

Hi call center thread!

I actually enjoy call center work! As long as it's exclusively inbound.

If I'm ever asked to move from support to collections I'm outta here.

Whiskey A Go Go!
May 7, 2007

Loving how my old employer is still not getting back to me about the 48 hours of vacations that they still owe. 2 weeks of calls and they have not even responded to me. =/

Holyshoot
May 5, 2010

Whiskey A Go Go! posted:

Loving how my old employer is still not getting back to me about the 48 hours of vacations that they still owe. 2 weeks of calls and they have not even responded to me. =/

Threaten legal action maybe?

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Holyshoot posted:

Threaten legal action maybe?

Depending on where you live they have a limited amount of time to pay that out, the legal action works.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Your state's labor board should be the place to call, they'll call your former employer and a check will magically appear in your mailbox the next day.

They're betting on you not knowing your rights and pocketing the cash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moonsour
Feb 13, 2007

Ortowned

I just had the wonderful privilege of sitting across the aisle from a rep who took a 20 min call from a guy who's already called twice before and was told a supervisor would call him back. Over $.21.

Some choice quotes since I'm sure everyone with call center experience can fill in the blanks. I'm amazed she didn't snap further.

"My manager is unavailable at this time but like we already told you, he will call you as soon as he is available and has information to provide you in regards to a resolution."

"No sir. I'm sorry, sir."

"I understand, sir, but my manager is unable to speak with you at this time."

"I am not trying to get you to hang up sir, I'm trying to put you on hold so I can further assist you."

"I spoke with a second manager and she is unable to assist you at this time over the phone but she is also working to resolve your account."

"What am I lying to you about??????"

"I'm sorry sir I'm sorry sir I'm sorry sir I'm sorry sir"

"No we do not hang up on customers sir." [mute]I'm about to hang up on this guy right now...[/mute]

"We do not hang up on customers. I don't know what happened to the call but we did not disconnect."

«108 »