Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«95 »
Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

At mine if you display basic competence it means you get put into more and more lines of business while still making the same lovely $12.45 an hour. I work in six lines of business and am at this time the most widely cross-trained agent we have, but I make the exact same as some yokel on delivery status.

The more lines of business you're in the worse your chances of getting an internal promotion to TL or workforce or what-have-you are, because they can't afford to take you off the phone. In the department I'm in right now we have four agents, and my TL flat out told us when a position opened up on workforce that we shouldn't bother applying because he wouldn't sign off on the necessary paperwork - he knows they would reject us outright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackIronHeart
Aug 1, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!

ZeroDays posted:

Maybe a call center lifer can confirm if that's a myth or not; namely, that the best agents get kept with the garbage on the frontlines, while the mediocre agents snag the off-the-phone roles.

I did 9 years in the trenches and can confirm this was true for my center.

CountOfNowhere
Feb 26, 2004
.....there's 20 of them!

BlackIronHeart posted:

I did 9 years in the trenches and can confirm this was true for my center.

This is true even outside the call center.

you ate my cat
Jul 1, 2007

We had a guy who made himself way too useful and they tried to gently caress him out of a promotion he was contractually required to get recently. Ended up forcing the company to promote/hire more people than they'd planned because they pulled that poo poo with a couple others also.

Note: this only makes sense if you remember we're a union shop.

«95 »