Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

krampster2 posted:

Have worked 2 days now in my new job, today I got swore at for the first time, yay! Some gent called me a gently caress wit which I don't think is very nice or accurate but that's okay. Also had to collect debt from a Vietnam vet and deal with a mother crying about her dead daughter I was trying to contact :(

I have to collect from a blind woman. A week before I called her she had a stroke. Couldn't deal well. Had her make get her sister an authorized user. I called her sister did my little talk but gave the sister the number to call to discharge the loan via disability.

I followed up today. She had another stroke and is in the hospital again. Sister couldn't remember the social so I couldn't tell her anything to help. Told her to find the social so "we can find a solution"

First call with the sister she mentioned her son takes care of her stuff mainly. Gonna see if we can't make him authorized to start the discharge steps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
My favorite part of this job is the angry swearing people. Mind you I'm doing out bound collection calls. And one of my job duties is to accurately document all calls.

It gives me a little bit of a juvenile giggle when I get to type in "borrower advised me to 'shove your dick in your rear end and spin on it.' I thanked borrower for his generous assessment of my genitals but informed him such action would not resolve the monthly payment we need."

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Gothmog1065 posted:

As long as you're not one of those cocksuckers who go, completely unprompted (after being told it was a bad time and I didn't have the money), to "borrow it from your mom".

Sorry man but it's part of the job. If it makes you feel better I always feel scummy when I do it

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Were you the collector?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I can't speak for every collections but in my general experience is more or less your rep changes every month. That rep needs to hit his quota so when he can't get a hold of the borrower, he's seeing that number as possibly her number. So she's gonna give it a ring and see if maybe this time she's around.

Next time they call tell them "Put me on your do not call list" if they're not shady, that should work.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Loving Life Partner posted:

I got into an 8 minute argument with my supe about logging out 45 seconds early.

lol that sucks. We use a lot of internet on our job and we have chrome except it won't save your settings or bookmarks. But IE will. So every morning I have to transfer it over. We got some updated links that ended up messing up my bookmarks in chrome so I just logged out of the system and back in for a fresh start. My manager adjusted my time.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Delorence Fickle posted:

In a government call center, we just forward threats like that to DHS/FBI and they have no problems at all with coming to their place and arresting them on terrorism charges.:911:

I don't work for the government but the company I work for is contracted by the government and god I wish we could do this.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Honestly I've had a lot of hurtful things said to me by borrowers but none of it gets to me. What gets to me is the really stupid people. Some of our paperwork is super easy. You claim you own a car? Cool that can lower your payment just write on any piece of paper "I, My name Here, own 1 vehicle" sign it, date it. and that's it. No title you have to send in, no registration, nothing. Just your signature on any piece of paper.

Lady sent us a letter saying "I am responsible for the payment and maintenance of one vehicle" So I call her up, tell her we can't use that because she needs to claim ownership. "It's not a problem miss, just re-write it on any piece of paper and be sure to claim ownership so we can keep your payments down."

"Oh well I don't actually own the car"

"Well that sucks guess your payments now went up and your previous payments no longer qualify. You have to start over."

You dumb bitch.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Rubik's cube

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Goals went up this month, call count went up this month, my resume went out this month. Got a new job at a very low key, low stress, no goals/call time, dispatch for a small company where most of the time I'll be playing my DS while waiting for a call. Put my two weeks notice on monday. Wednesday I realized I just didn't care enough about the job to finish my two weeks. and I'm enjoying this little mini vacation.