Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Effexxor posted:

Also, my vote for the worst type of caller is the type that talk over you nonstop, and then when you try to get a word in edgewise, rage about how you just won't let them talk they have been on the phone for two hours and their problem still isn't fixed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

So how do I do that FMLA thing people were posting about?

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I hate our attendance policy more than anything. I'm sick and at work on a holiday listed on our holiday calendar. I have bountiful sick time banked up but it means poo poo because you get occurrences for calling in. I already did call in the last two days which puts me at the limit I can be in before negative paperwork poo poo comes out.

Even though this is a holiday, I'm not getting the normal 8 hours + time and a half for working on a holiday because if you miss the day before or after a holiday they take that from you. Doesn't matter that I'm ACTUALLY loving WORKING THE loving HOLIDAY. While sick. gently caress this job. Someone kill me.

My last therapist once mentioned that fully 1/3 of her clients work in call centers.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

jassi007 posted:

The whole idea of the rule is to prevent impromptu extended weekends

Exactly, which makes it madness that it could still apply when you don't actually get the holiday itself off. But it sure as gently caress does.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I'm really surprised you didn't call in direct to your old department and ask to be transferred.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Gothmog1065 posted:

Hahahaha. The loving trenches won't take me back. That is loving hilarious.

That is pretty unbelievable because we've been getting killed by attrition.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Pharmaskittle posted:

They lowered the price of my service without telling me, and continued to charge me the old rate. If it had been like, a month or two before they fixed it, I'd be happy with a small discount, but we're talking about almost a month's rent for me that I've been overcharged. I'm happy to pursue this for as long as it takes, since I really need that money.

You weren't overcharged. You were charged the amount you agreed to pay, and you paid it. That the advertised rate for the service was reduced doesn't mean they lowered the price for your service, as the price for your service was the price you had previously agreed upon. That agreed upon rate only changed when you called in and had your rate adjusted. You are not owed a refund for the time before then. You weren't overcharged.

Sub Rosa fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Nov 27, 2014

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I feel sorry for those of you in outbound when things like this exist in the world. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T02lbU5MTfo

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Volume posted:

Sorry man but it's part of the job. If it makes you feel better I always feel scummy when I do it
I do not in fact accept your apology

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Whiskey A Go Go! posted:

The Counselor at the mental health clinic told me that she had seen 10x more cases in the last 5 years and the majority of them are from call center employees who are in the phone.

My therapist once told me 2/3 of her patients were call center workers.

I'm getting out. April 29 will be my last day on the phones. Still don't know what I'll find after, but I'm quitting. Can't take it anymore. Our company was acquired by a worse company. Pulled back in from being work at home for over a year. Increasingly restrictive dress code. HR screwing with my ADA request to bring in my expensive chair that doesn't cause my literal pain. Gotta get out, gotta get out.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

constantIllusion posted:

Then we were prohibited from putting callers on hold (we had to use the Mute button instead.)

Why is this a big deal? As a customer I'd always prefer dead air to being on hold, and honestly it isn't that hard to chew the dead air.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I'd kill for assigned seating. Ever since work at home was killed, we have more workers than desks, so assigned seating is impossible and you end up having about a 50/50 shot that someone else isn't sitting in your usual desk. And if someone is, you can't get mad at them because it isn't likely they are really trying to just take your seat, they almost certainly found someone sitting where they'd rather sit.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Lord Zedd-Repulsa posted:

exactly what number will show up on their caller ID
Caller ID spoofing is trivial.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Get a good long term disability insurance plan to fall back on once it drives you completely crazy

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

indyrenegade posted:

I do not care about making this business some nice numbers.
That's the point of paying employees, because they do work they don't care about doing.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Waffleopolis posted:

I used to work at a call center, making orders for a mail-order pharmacy. Then the anxiety attacks happened,, and no supervisor wanted to help me with my problems. They just looked at me like I was a burden, which I am. ,

Good luck with your disability claims if you go that route, fellow destroyed-by-callcenter person.

To those of you still working, got to say, employee provided long term disability insurance sucks, get a private policy.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Because no one knows my password, but people know what town I grew up in and my Dad's middle name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Karma Comedian posted:

Hey friends I just wanted to drop buy to say I appreciate those of you and your peers who understands when I call in and say "hey, I've got X problem, I've done Y thing, and I need Z solution" knows how to get me Z without asking if I've unplugged it. That includes field technicians, too. Y'all are the real heroes.

In my experience only about 1/5 of people who thought they should just get Z had actually correctly troubleshot the issue. Usually that 1 also isn't the one getting huffy that you insist that you have to actually do a bit of troubleshooting the issue. Also super common that someone would tell me they had already power cycled when I asked them to even though I could see the uptime on the device proved it was a lie.