Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lilac
Dec 8, 2005

by Fistgrrl

Zero Karizma posted:

I honestly don't get the appeal.

K/D RATIOS, NOOB!

Seriously, I think measures should be taken to analyze playstyle serverside, so that perpetual snipers can only join games against other perpetual snipers.

This goes for every game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lilac
Dec 8, 2005

by Fistgrrl
I've just arrived in mexico, and I have to say I'm getting pretty lukewarm towards this game. Sure, if you loved san andreas more than anything in the world ever this might be a fantastic game, but if it weren't for some of the characters, I'd probably trade it in for a gift card or something.

Lilac
Dec 8, 2005

by Fistgrrl

The Flying Milton posted:

I hated San Andreas and loved RDR. For the most part I thought the missions in this were crap. What held me was the setting and the amount of random stuff going on.

This is just it, I can't bring myself to spend days lassoing random people, trampling them, shooting armadillos or become an expert at five finger fillet, because I think I shouldn't need to go around feverishly searching for ways a game could entertain me, when I should be entertained simply by playing it.

Kin posted:

Objectively, compared to the previous rockstar sandbox games, there isn't that much in this, which is why you've got a lot of people easilly 100%ing it within a week or two of owning it.

The towns are very small and at most contain the same shops with the same wares as every other place and all of the distance between them is vacant desert with a spot of wildlife running about.

The missions were good, and the hunting simlator is not bad, but just about everything else is passable at best.

I can't say I'm capable of forming a complete opinion of this game not being far in, but this seems to copy my perception of the game. Copy/paste towns with not much in-between, plus a shitload of camp scenes between missions.

Also, JOHN'S MARRIED. NO HOOKER.

Lilac fucked around with this message at 15:24 on May 29, 2010

Lilac
Dec 8, 2005

by Fistgrrl
Also, the AI has this idea that it's a good plan to fold with 90% of it's chips on the table when asked to go all in. This annoys me more than anything.

Lilac
Dec 8, 2005

by Fistgrrl

Greedish posted:

I regret playing the game as just a game instead of really taking in the whole experience.

I can help you relive that.

Inventory<Improved Camp<Travel to location

Wait for five hours for a quest giver to open

There, that's like 85% of the game. You're welcome.

Lilac
Dec 8, 2005

by Fistgrrl

Yodzilla posted:

It wasn't bad to be sure but I think one of my biggest problems was with the writing. For some reason Rockstar decided that if something was worth saying once it was worth saying five loving times, usually on some long unskippable horse ride. Every character had exactly one thing to say but at least three missions of boring dialog to hammer the point home over and over and over again.

Seriously....

Ross: We want you to kill these people.

Marston: What if I refuse?

Ross: We kill your wife and child.

Marston: Oh

Ross: Now, go find Bill Williamson and bring him here, preferably alive

Marston: And WHAT if I refuse

Ross: If you hope to see your wife again, you'd best do as we say.

Marston: Oh

(Finds Bill, screws up)

Ross: Yeah, now that he's holed up w/********, you should go and get him, and his companion as well.

Marston: AND WHAT IF I REFUSE

Ross: :ughh:

Lilac
Dec 8, 2005

by Fistgrrl

Cat Machine posted:

It's established early on in the game that John is hunting his gang down because he's been forced to, not because of any kind of antagonistic relationship between himself and Bill/Javier/Dutch.

That doesn't stop either of them, except Javier who barely was given any personality, to become comedy villains.

I hosed YOUR WIFE JOHN, AND I'M GONNA FIND YOUR FAMILY AND KILL THEM TOO, BECAUSE I'M A MOUSTACHE TWIRLER.

Lilac
Dec 8, 2005

by Fistgrrl

Holy Cheese posted:

Bloody hell at least make an effort and no I will not buy part 4, because 3 was an insult on my intelligence, how dare you cut things deemed unworthy of us.. I want everything. Honestly, gently caress you Japan if you think we cannot understand it then neither can you.

A sane person doing the cutting would certainly improve 99% of all japanese games ever made

Lilac fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jun 1, 2010

Lilac
Dec 8, 2005

by Fistgrrl

Martytoof posted:

Uh. Where can I find beavers?

Every single joke about this must already be hopelessly played out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lilac
Dec 8, 2005

by Fistgrrl

bobzmuda posted:

Finally finished it.

That was outstanding. When ENDGAME SPOILERS John got gunned down it hit me in the gut. I can't remember the last time, if ever, I've had a physical reaction to a game (other than screaming like a girl at the first Resident Evil). The sense of dread in the last few missions was really palpable..

Listen to the music in the house before the mission where john gets gunned

• Locked thread