Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«94 »
blazelust
Oct 21, 2008

I like how you kept griping about the "impassable" pit even after you figured out how to get out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaleov
Dec 11, 2005

NAM OT NWONK AIXELSYD LABREV FO ESAC EREVES TSOM EHT EVAH UOY

blazelust posted:

I like how you kept griping about the "impassable" pit even after you figured out how to get out of it.

There's also a rope arrow on the ground to help you figure it out. My favorite was that in his ranting, Khad listed out every possible way he's ever moved vertically in the game, eventually getting to rope arrows and figuring it out. It was great stream of consciousness commentary.

nop
Mar 31, 2010

Blister posted:

Kinda like how it somehow turned on notifications, which you definitely turned off, by itself? Skype does it to me from time to time for no good reason in TF2.

I don't know why there isn't an option to stop other programs from stealing focus. Microsoft Security does that nightly during some part of it's anti-spyware scan...

Estel
May 4, 2010

Khad posted:

I hope you are the same guy who posted that in the TTLG forums else this is like stealing from the poor.

Also I figured Blip would gently caress up since it tried to upload itself twice and when that happens, things turn bad. I will reupload it now.

I didnīt read the TTLG forum past page 2 or 3 and now that i read it complete it seems the posts follow a cycle: "Khad you are doing it wrong" -> SAtards -> "I like the videos" -> "Khad you are doing it wrong"

Dallbun
Apr 21, 2010

Estel posted:

I didnīt read the TTLG forum past page 2 or 3 and now that i read it complete it seems the posts follow a cycle: "Khad you are doing it wrong" -> SAtards -> "I like the videos" -> "Khad you are doing it wrong"

The proper sort of comment is, of course: "Khad, I like the videos. And you're doing it wrong."

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

This is one of the most hilarious LPs I've ever seen, great job Khad! The death reel at the end of episode 4 is just the greatest thing ever.

It's kinda funny, I played thief back when it came out, and it totally spoiled games like splinter cell for me. They just felt way too easy, forgiving on mistakes and the level design way too linear and uncomplicated in comparison, it's all about perspective!

I know most people think of thief 2 as the pinnacle of the series, but I'm really looking forward to you hitting thief 3 (if you dont throw in the towel before that), there are some god drat fantastic levels in that game including the best level ever made in a video game. Which should never be named nor talked about in the presence of anyone who hasnt played it yet

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Blood in, blood out.

Revelation 2-13 posted:

I know most people think of thief 2 as the pinnacle of the series, but I'm really looking forward to you hitting thief 3 (if you dont throw in the towel before that), there are some god drat fantastic levels in that game including the best level ever made in a video game. Which should never be named nor talked about in the presence of anyone who hasnt played it yet

Glad to see I'm not the only one who's mind leaps straight towards Deadly Shadows when the words "best level ever made" are uttered. It isn't a game that I generally see too much discussion about around the neckbeardy gaming portions of the internet that I typically procrastinate on.

Though I'm unsure if anything that makes the level so fantastic will remain intact with the...interesting playstyle on display throughout this LP. Should be funny, at least. We'll see what happens when we finally get there in 2013.

Daeren
Aug 17, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

Vargs posted:

Glad to see I'm not the only one who's mind leaps straight towards Deadly Shadows when the words "best level ever made" are uttered. It isn't a game that I generally see too much discussion about around the neckbeardy gaming portions of the internet that I typically procrastinate on.

Though I'm unsure if anything that makes the level so fantastic will remain intact with the...interesting playstyle on display throughout this LP. Should be funny, at least. We'll see what happens when we finally get there in 2013.

Thirded. I'm replaying Deadly Shadows and I honest to God don't get why so many grognards hate on it.

That Level is also pretty much flawless in every way, shape or form, but I agree with the sentiment that Khad's way of doing things will probably make it a hilarious experience.

I expect many flashbacks to the freakier parts of Penumbra.

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

The Thief Classic games seem to take pride in avoiding the mention of anything that'll break immersion, like maps that don't look like they were doodled by illiterate footpads, and carefully avoiding any sort of in-game "This is what this does." If you're used to like, normal games, Thief: Deadly Shadows is good at the whole immersion thing, but if you compare it to the other games in the series, it's lit up with neon signs telling you what to do, and nowhere near hard enough. Khad will love it.

Khad
Aug 11, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3039 days!

Pester posted:

The Thief Classic games seem to take pride in avoiding the mention of anything that'll break immersion, like maps that don't look like they were doodled by illiterate footpads, and carefully avoiding any sort of in-game "This is what this does." If you're used to like, normal games, Thief: Deadly Shadows is good at the whole immersion thing, but if you compare it to the other games in the series, it's lit up with neon signs telling you what to do, and nowhere near hard enough. Khad will love it.

I love responses like this because it is basically saying, "Oh well if a game doesn't try to confuse the player and not give him any sense of direction, then it isn't hard enough."

There's a reason that most if not all big hit games are either fairly linear (mostly storywise) or at least give some indicator (better map, waypoints, etc) for quests. It makes the game fun and can still be challenging without being outright frustrating. When I sit down to play a game I don't want to run around lost for an hour only to find out I went the wrong way and have to backtrack to the beginning. That isn't fun.

Thief isn't "immersive;" it is unforgiving and it honestly does not stand up to the test of time. Hell, Diablo 2 let you explore the game while doing quests but yet you still have an idea of where to go and a map that looks better than some kid's scribbles (using Diablo 2 as an example because it came out in the same year).

Edit:

Also, to anyone yelling at me not using the maps:
This is more of a Fraps / old shoddy Thief software issue. I basically try not to use the map or menu because that means I have to screenshot what I am looking at and go back to edit it in. I also doubt most people watching this LP want to see me switch back and forth to the map over and over again. Heh, lets go back to that "immersion" argument with this, I mean what better way to break things up and remind you that you are playing a game other than hitting escape to go to a menu to look at a map every 30 seconds?

Khad fucked around with this message at Jul 17, 2010 around 04:50

MC Jigsaw
Aug 1, 2008

Monocles are the staple eyewear of villainy.

Khad posted:

Heh, lets go back to that "immersion" argument with this, I mean what better way to break things up and remind you that you are playing a game other than hitting escape to go to a menu to look at a map every 30 seconds?

Map hotkey is M.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Wake up and
smell the murder.

Khad posted:

We get it, you don't like the game. Some of us like games that make us figure things out on our own. You don't have to like them, but when games tell me how to do something that should be obvious, it feels to us like it's calling us stupid. I don't like games like Modern Warfare or Halo specifically because it funnels me into a predetermined path, and any attempt to explore gets a "No, go this way, retard."

Perhaps these aren't the games for you, Khad, but screaming that the people that made them are retards just makes you look stupid.

Alain Perdrix
Dec 19, 2007

Howdy!

Khad posted:

it honestly does not stand up to the test of time.

you shut your whore mouth

Khad
Aug 11, 2006
Probation

MC Jigsaw posted:

Map hotkey is M.

Oh that's much better now my game wouldn't be broken up by looking at a map every 30 seconds.

KillHour posted:

We get it, you don't like the game. Some of us like games that make us figure things out on our own. You don't have to like them, but when games tell me how to do something that should be obvious, it feels to us like it's calling us stupid. I don't like games like Modern Warfare or Halo specifically because it funnels me into a predetermined path, and any attempt to explore gets a "No, go this way, retard."

Perhaps these aren't the games for you, Khad, but screaming that the people that made them are retards just makes you look stupid.

Then what are you doing here?

Alain Perdrix posted:

What I do with my mouth is my own business

Fledgling Gulps
Jul 4, 2007

I'll meet you in Meereen,
we'll grub out.

Alain Perdrix posted:

I kind of agree with him. Comparing to some of the games I was playing in 98 (half-life, fallout 2, freespace, etc) Thief doesn't look like its held up as well at all.

Of course, I've never played any of the games (deadly shadows will be my first once khad gets to it and I play along) so I don't have any nostalgia clouding my judgement.

e: while looking around wikipedia to refresh my memory on games from 98 I realized what an awesome time the late 90's/early 2000's were for gaming. Truly a golden age.

Fledgling Gulps fucked around with this message at Jul 17, 2010 around 05:53

MC Jigsaw
Aug 1, 2008

Khad posted:

Oh that's much better now my game wouldn't be broken up by looking at a map every 30 seconds.

I agree with you, I think this game is tedious and boring. On the other hand, I don't think that people who enjoy playing this game are any more puzzling than people who enjoy playing World of Warcraft or Final Fantasy XIII. The terms "immersion" and "fun" mean different things to different people, and these games were clearly designed for specific subsets of the gaming population who enjoy loving around with maps, compasses, menus or fetch quests, just not for me.

And obviously, Thief: The Dark Project was not designed for you.

Khad
Aug 11, 2006
Probation

MC Jigsaw posted:

I agree with you, I think this game is tedious and boring. On the other hand, I don't think that people who enjoy playing this game are any more puzzling than people who enjoy playing World of Warcraft or Final Fantasy XIII. The terms "immersion" and "fun" mean different things to different people, and these games were clearly designed for specific subsets of the gaming population who enjoy loving around with maps, compasses, menus or fetch quests, just not for me.

And obviously, Thief: The Dark Project was not designed for you.

Everyone who plays video games are dumb. My LP's are a deep rooted political statement about the complete control that computer and video games have over society and politics.

Wait... No I am just some jackass yelling at a video game to be funny and for some reason people watch it!

MC Jigsaw
Aug 1, 2008

Khad posted:

Wait... No I am just some jackass yelling at a video game to be funny and for some reason people watch it!

And don't ever change!

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Wake up and
smell the murder.

Khad posted:

Then what are you doing here?

Quite frankly, I can't look away from the train wreck. Watching you play something you obviously hate just because you told the internet you would brings me immense joy.

Perhaps this will help you get into the mindset: In real life, and in Thief, the first step is always to case the location. This means exploring and getting a feel for the layout. This is my personal favorite part of the game. I would honestly be happy if they gave me an endlessly large mansion to wander through with guards to sneak by. Figuring out how to get to your objective is half the fun in these games, and they are NOT designed to be run at blindly. On some missions, I've spent hours scouting out a path that will get me to where I need to be without even trying to complete any objectives. This is a game that requires patience and finesse. The satisfaction of being the perfect unseen shadow is one that few games have even attempted to match, and none have quite captured. Except Thief II.

Khad
Aug 11, 2006
Probation

KillHour posted:

In real life...

I am going to call the police so they can arrest the world's best cat burglar!

KillHour posted:

I would honestly be happy if they gave me an endlessly large mansion to wander through with guards to sneak by.

Because that makes for an entertaining LP.

KillHour posted:

they are NOT designed to be run at blindly.

So back in 1999 people were expected to buy a strategy guide first or do some research before ever playing the game for the first time? That's odd!

KillHour posted:

The satisfaction of being the perfect unseen shadow is one that few games have even attempted to match, and none have quite captured.

Have you ever paid attention to the AI in this game? I mean you are comparing this to "real life" and yet a guard who sees me will give up the chase if I turn a corner and hide in a shadow. The guard may "look" for me for a little bit but eventually gives up and just figures I let myself out the door.

Edit: To clarify on the AI I never expected nor have ever said that the AI should be perfect especially considering that this game was released in 1999. I am just saying your "real life" comparison seems to only go so far here and outsmarting the guards in this game isn't exactly hard. I decide to fight them and gently caress around because that's how I have fun in a game.

I always love how people try to tell others that they are "playing a game wrong". Oh no I got through a level by killing all the guards and blackjacking the civilians and in turn had fun doing so, which is the whole point of playing a game! Someone lock me up I am clearly bonkers!

DOUBLE EDIT:
I think you are taking me and my videos waaaaaaaaaay too seriously, KillHour.

Khad fucked around with this message at Jul 17, 2010 around 06:20

OurLivesOnline
Nov 5, 2009

let's be friends

Khad posted:

So back in 1999 people were expected to buy a strategy guide first or do some research before ever playing the game for the first time? That's odd!

What you mean you don't remember? Back in 1999 everyone was prescient.

But then Y2K came along and hosed it all up

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Wake up and
smell the murder.

Khad posted:

I am going to call the police so they can arrest the world's best cat burglar!

Because that makes for an entertaining LP.

Have you ever paid attention to the AI in this game? I mean you are comparing this to "real life" and yet a guard who sees me will give up the chase if I turn a corner and hide in a shadow. The guard may "look" for me for a little bit but eventually gives up and just figures I let myself out the door.

Edit: To clarify on the AI I never expected nor have ever said that the AI should be perfect especially considering that this game was released in 1999. I am just saying your "real life" comparison seems to only go so far here and outsmarting the guards in this game isn't exactly hard. I decide to fight them and gently caress around because that's how I have fun in a game.

I always love how people try to tell others that they are "playing a game wrong". Oh no I got through a level by killing all the guards and blackjacking the civilians and in turn had fun doing so, which is the whole point of playing a game! Someone lock me up I am clearly bonkers!

DOUBLE EDIT:
I think you are taking me and my videos waaaaaaaaaay too seriously, KillHour.

No, you're misunderstanding me. I'm not saying "Waaahhh! He's playing it wrong!", I'm explaining why some people like the game. For some reason, you just can't seem to wrap your head around the fact that many people consider this one of the best games ever made, and instead assume they must all be spergin' neckbeards.

I really couldn't care less if you like the game, I'm just dumbfounded as to why you'd willingly play it and then bitch about how terrible it is. Sure is entertaining, though.

Although, I think you're misunderstanding what a lot of other people are saying. They're not denying that murdering a bunch of people and generally breaking the AI is fun. They're saying that you're misssing out on a very unique experience by doing this your first time through the game. Knowing how engrossing the game can be if you willingly play the way the developers intended, and don't try to break the hell out of it, I kind of feel it's a shame that you'll never have the true Thief experience, since it's something you can only get on a virgin playthrough. You don't seem to care, though, so it's not my loss. Perhaps you're not the kind of person that can appreciate it, anyways. Not everybody thinks Andy Warhol was a great artist, after all.

gaping gape gaper
Apr 9, 2010

KillHour posted:

Not everybody thinks Andy Warhol was a great artist, after all.

And something about stealing things in real life and abusing people's ai's.

Khad
Aug 11, 2006
Probation

KillHour posted:

and instead assume they must all be spergin' neckbeards.

When did I ever say that? Did I say that everyone who likes this game is dumb? I don't remember saying that.

KillHour posted:

I really couldn't care less if you like the game, I'm just dumbfounded as to why you'd willingly play it and then bitch about how terrible it is. Sure is entertaining, though.

If you think really hard about this statement you will find that you answered your own question.

Charlie Mopps
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.

If Khad missing "the true Thief experience" means i get to see him yell and scream at the game while spending 10 minutes trying to sacrifice some dude on a table, i'd say its totally worth it.

Khad
Aug 11, 2006
Probation

Charlie Mopps posted:

If Khad missing "the true Thief experience" means i get to see him yell and scream at the game while spending 10 minutes trying to sacrifice some dude on a table, i'd say its totally worth it.

Plus I don't think KillHour understands the whole LP aspect of the video game. It isn't like I am sitting down to play a game by myself or anything. I am playing a game while doing commentary. This may seem like "yeah so what?" but I don't sit there and talk to myself when I am playing games on my spare time. It is pretty much impossible to feel "immersed" in a game when you are talking about playing a game. How can I ever notice I am not playing a game while I basically talk about playing the drat thing?

Here was my thought process while doing Cryostasis and thinking of a game to do next:

"Hey you know I was kind of curious about the Thief games back in the day but never got to play them... I am already doing blind LPs so there we go!"

Sure I may be missing out on some kind of special orgasmic feeling that some people get when playing Thief for the first time by doing an LP of it and therefore "ruining" that experience but you shouldn't really expect me to sit there quietly and play a game, spending ten minutes in one corner while watching guard patrols so I can sneak by undetected. It wouldn't be entertaining (at least not to most people).

With all that said I am going to just go ahead and continue doing what I am doing.

Alain Perdrix
Dec 19, 2007

Howdy!

I like the Thief games because I like being able to explore large areas and complete my objectives however I like. If the Splinter Cell games had ever come close to having maps even half as large as those in Thief, or providing multiple ways to do things (and the whole "mark+execute, or stealth!" gimmick in Conviction doesn't really count), then I would like those games a lot more. I really loved Chaos Theory, so I'm not trying to say that I hate Splinter Cell, but those games lack the replay value that the old Thief games have for me. I can still find new ways to run through a mission in those old Thief games.

It depends on what you like, but calling one objectively terrible because it doesn't suit your style is not really fair. I'm not going to complain about how you're playing it at all, though. I have said a few times in this thread that it'd be boring to watch someone play this game properly. I can do that myself. I doubt I could gently caress it up as completely as you have, though, and I don't think I'm capable of getting angry enough at a game to blurt out some of the stuff you do.

This is why your LPs are the only LPs worth watching.

This is why we love you.

Alain Perdrix fucked around with this message at Jul 17, 2010 around 07:16

Khad
Aug 11, 2006
Probation

Alain Perdrix posted:

calling one objectively terrible because it doesn't suit your style is not really fair.

Alain Perdrix posted:

getting angry enough at a game to blurt out some of the stuff you do.

Thank you so much for saying the word "blurt" because it is perfect. I honestly don't HATE this game and I do have fun with it but I do it in my own way. Yeah I yell and blame poo poo on the game and the developers when it is my fault, I understand that and fully admit that most if not all the gently caress-ups in this LP are my fault.

However, I don't script these videos and I don't ham it up or for that matter, keep anything to myself when I am doing commentary. I understand that me yelling about poo poo and blaming the developers or map designers or whatever else is what brings people to watch this poo poo. Every time I record I go in with the mindset that I am not going to hold poo poo back and I am also not going to really think about it. That is why I constantly blurt things out in anger while playing.

I feel that maybe explaining all of this will ruin some of the "magic" of the LP but most people should have already picked up on the fact that most of the poo poo I say in the videos is spur of the moment.

Khad fucked around with this message at Jul 17, 2010 around 07:22

Esoteric Banana
Mar 29, 2010

KillHour posted:

For some reason, you just can't seem to wrap your head around the fact that many people consider this one of the best games ever made, and instead assume they must all be spergin' neckbeards.

For some reason, you just can't seem to wrap your head around the fact that you're acting like a spergin' neckbeard. Calm down and enjoy the show.

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I got an 'F' in Geometry.

Alain Perdrix posted:

I like the Thief games because I like being able to explore large areas and complete my objectives however I like. If the Splinter Cell games had ever come close to having maps even half as large as those in Thief, or providing multiple ways to do things (and the whole "mark+execute, or stealth!" gimmick in Conviction doesn't really count), then I would like those games a lot more. I really loved Chaos Theory, so I'm not trying to say that I hate Splinter Cell, but those games lack the replay value that the old Thief games have for me. I can still find new ways to run through a mission in those old Thief games.

I picked up Assassin's Creed during the Steam sale and have been slowly going through it. Was thinking last night that it's a game that's only two or three design decisions away from moving into Thief's old niche and being better at it in every conceivable way.

However, those are two or three design decisions that will never change. For better or worse, action games will be designed in the foreseeable future under the assumption that its players can't figure out he should cross the street without a heads-up radar display, a neon white pointer, and automatic help messaging detailing how to beat the street crossing challenge.

I'm sure there's a happy medium somewhere, but I haven't found it yet.

Cholfo
Sep 16, 2007

I love old video games, but I love them because they do fun stuff, not because they provide some kind of magical unique "experience." Thief is like that. There's no special "experience" you can derive from playing Thief today, not after playing basically anything stealthy made in the past decade. Even if you played it when it was new and less comparably terrible, that experience is now coated in rose-tinted bullshit. Quit lying to yourself and telling people how to appreciate their damned video game, that is the silliest thing.

Keep doin' your thing Khad, you're making Thief funny.

Mr. Owl
Jan 24, 2008

Part of the problem I think is that these bonus levels from Thief Gold just come off like deleted scenes out of a movie; dry with bad pacing. If they were originally in Thief but cut out before release, there was probably a reason. This current level just reeks of poor design, as much as the apologists for looking glass might claim otherwise. Keep trucking, and get to the better stuff!

Thief 2 is my favorite game in the series, but having just replayed deadly shadows recently, I don't really get why people hate it so much. It changes a few things and some of the areas are smaller in size, but for everything it alters from the original formula, it improves several others. Its tricky enough in parts, especially if you're trying to ghost levels or are not just unloading all your bombs and arrows each mission.

For anyone like me, who loves the conversations you can overhear, the thief wiki has a full transcription of all of the in game voice files available here: http://thief.wikia.com/wiki/Voice_File_Transcriptions but obviously there are spoilers there.

Mq
Jul 7, 2005
Lazy fat bastard

Khad posted:

Plus I don't think KillHour understands the whole LP aspect of the video game. It isn't like I am sitting down to play a game by myself or anything. I am playing a game while doing commentary. This may seem like "yeah so what?" but I don't sit there and talk to myself when I am playing games on my spare time. It is pretty much impossible to feel "immersed" in a game when you are talking about playing a game. How can I ever notice I am not playing a game while I basically talk about playing the drat thing?

Clearly, the best solution is to do an in-character commentary. Speak in hoarse voice and make smug remarks about your landlord. Watch this video to see how well it can work http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZW-WOzY6Lk

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I got an 'F' in Geometry.

Mr. Owl posted:

Thief 2 is my favorite game in the series, but having just replayed deadly shadows recently, I don't really get why people hate it so much. It changes a few things and some of the areas are smaller in size, but for everything it alters from the original formula, it improves several others. Its tricky enough in parts, especially if you're trying to ghost levels or are not just unloading all your bombs and arrows each mission.

People that hate it are ranting that it isn't a True Thief Game, for whatever definition of that they have. Like I said earlier in the thread, it's easy to draw comparisons between Thief 3 and Deus Ex 2: both are games that I didn't mind playing, but clearly had different priorities than their predecessors.

The vivid complaints I remember having about it was that the XBox sized levels were extremely noticeable and even downright claustrophobic, and I had an angry nerd reaction to one of the dumber plot holes.

Fledgling Gulps
Jul 4, 2007

I'll meet you in Meereen,
we'll grub out.

Conskill posted:

However, those are two or three design decisions that will never change. For better or worse, action games will be designed in the foreseeable future under the assumption that its players can't figure out he should cross the street without a heads-up radar display, a neon white pointer, and automatic help messaging detailing how to beat the street crossing challenge.

I really wish this was hyperbole.

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

I'm that cat

If I'd have known it would be as easy as defending Thief, I could've trolled Khad to suicide by now. But I would never have thought to start provoking the TTLG forum people, that was a work of genius, bravo to whoever poked the wasps nest.

Seriously Khad, just ignore the people getting angry at you for how you play, IT IS frustrating at times when you act denser than a pile of bricks; It makes many viewers want to scream at the screen what to do, but some people like watching that and some don't. You're playing 3 games that are held very highly for nostalgia and gameplay (for the time)reasons, so expect a more violent reaction from this than something like Cryostasis that ran on 50% of computers and was an obscure Russian game.

Except for me, I loved Cryostasis and everyday I look at the game and sob, it feels like both my wife and dog were raped by Khad on video.

Blister fucked around with this message at Jul 17, 2010 around 11:44

Mq
Jul 7, 2005
Lazy fat bastard

This thread is now SERIOUS BUSINESS

=

???

MC Jigsaw
Aug 1, 2008

I hope we're all posting this semi-serious poo poo for the fun of it and not because we're genuinely concerned about Khad's treatment of the Thief series or the state of modern gaming in general because that would be sad.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Wake up and
smell the murder.

MC Jigsaw posted:

I hope we're all posting this semi-serious poo poo for the fun of it and not because we're genuinely concerned about Khad's treatment of the Thief series or the state of modern gaming in general because that would be sad.

Of course. If we didn't like watching Khad beat his head on walls, we wouldn't watch. Oh, and Khad, just saying ahead of time, explore the whole first level of Thief II. If you don't find something, I'll tell you about it, and you'll be pissed.

Read this if you really want to know (it's not a spoiler or anything):

There's a dumbwaiter in the kitchen that you can ride to the second floor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Burlap Lemur
Jul 28, 2006
"A life of peace, purity, and refinement leads to a calm and untroubled old age."

Someone make a game that combines the Thief series and the Fallout series. I wanna see that fanboy war.

«94 »