Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Medal on the left is a Good Conduct medal

Armor branch on the left disk is a tank on crossed swords. The US disk is for enlisted.

Also confirming the Cold War Commemorative Medal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Left pin is Armor, right pin is US for the good old USA

Nice. I'd guess the red diamond is a squadron marking of some kind, but Google hasn't been helpful.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
The diamond is 5th Infantry Division. A little weird, because according to what little Google yields, 759th was not attached to 5th ID, (at least, not during the war). They might have been attached during the occupation, though. That would also explain why gramps doesn't have a campaign medal or victory medal for WWII. You'd need to see a DD214 to confirm that, though. Who put together the shadow box?

Shot in the dark based solely on the contents of the box: served in post-WWII occupation of Germany, into the beginning timeframe of the Korean War, but wasn't actually deployed to Korea. That would tick one (maybe both) of the boxes for the units, plus check off eligibility for GCM and NDSM.

Naked Bear fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Apr 29, 2015

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
hahaha grampa is a lying old gently caress who might have actually possibly stepped foot into the physical country of korea at some point but probably just to gently caress hookers as he filled his love me box with PX fake-medals and heraldry swords

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Is there a source to see what/when units won awards? I was looking through the end of "Blind Man's Bluff" where it lists all the crazy number of unit awards given to USS Parche. I was wondering if that stuff is listed somewhere by year. Or more generally, Can I see what ships won say, the Battle "E" in a particular group for the last ten years?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Ron Jeremy posted:

Is there a source to see what/when units won awards? I was looking through the end of "Blind Man's Bluff" where it lists all the crazy number of unit awards given to USS Parche. I was wondering if that stuff is listed somewhere by year. Or more generally, Can I see what ships won say, the Battle "E" in a particular group for the last ten years?

You can check https://http://awards.navy.mil but there are definitely omissions.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

anne frank fanfic posted:

hahaha grampa is a lying old gently caress who might have actually possibly stepped foot into the physical country of korea at some point but probably just to gently caress hookers as he filled his love me box with PX fake-medals and heraldry swords

At least he did a nice job lining them up. Whatever subcontractor makes those things is super inconsistent about length.

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl
Do you Americans use external instructors for first aid, cold weather survival and poo poo? I'm going to Seattle on the Norwegian taxpayers dime to get my civilian paramedic certification, and I'd like to keep my hand in while I'm there. Up until last month I trained combat medics for the Norwegian Army, and from what I've seen working the hospital in Heumensoord on three visits to Nijmegen you guys can't do basic taping or marching first aid for poo poo either. Or, at least, office drones and whoever decides to do poo poo like the march can't do it, and I figure there's a market.

I've got NATO TOP SECRET clearance, my own really snazzy uniforms, rank insignias and poo poo, so I how would say me contacting a Guard base and offering my services (for free) as an instructor/trainer on drill weekends for free be recieved? Would it be 'International cooperation, amazing! Bring him in! Tell the boss we did something to get closer to our allies' or would it be 'gently caress off' ?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I'm confused and am an idiot but what exactly are you asking? Yes we have medical personnel that train others on that kind of stuff....?

Anyways they don't care about your experience or what you have if you don't have any active certifications. And of course aren't a US Mil medic/Corpsmen. Sorry. Yeah sometimes the classes are taught by contractors/civilians but they're always former the above with combat experience or Special Forces etc that kind of thing. Also a lot of the students sometimes get some sort of certification from the training as well; so obviously the instructor needs to be certified in ______ to certify others. Most paramedic programs require you to be an EMT-B with experience running 911. Are you an EMT?

You can volunteer for some mountain rescue poo poo I guess? Ski patrol? But even then you probably need your EMT-B or at the very least first responder. Do you have dual Citizenship or something?

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 22:59 on May 11, 2015

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

When I went through medic school we had all military instructors. My unit brought in civilian trainers and stuff for yearly training and stuff though.

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl
You're not an idiot, I am though for leaving out basic info from my post. See, thing is I'm moving from active duty to reserves after several years . My fiancè is American and I just got my VISA, Since my military certifications (which should equal an american EMT-paramedic easily, I've been a combat medic in Afghanistan and trained other medics for years after) don't count for squat in civilian life in Norway, I've applied and got into a paramedic program, mostly because they recognized my experience as equalling a EMT B degree, in the Seattle area. When I've done the degree, I'll apply for a spousal green card probably unless something unforeseen happens. Need to be on a student visa or the Norwegian government won't cover my education costs.

So I'll technically still be serving (norwegian) military while I'm over there, and so I just wondered if it'd be possible to stop by . We've had American ex military come in and run classes on our bases often enough, although usually ex SOF or whatever who had special skills.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Nuclear War posted:

You're not an idiot, I am though for leaving out basic info from my post. See, thing is I'm moving from active duty to reserves after several years . My fiancè is American and I just got my VISA, Since my military certifications (which should equal an american EMT-paramedic easily, I've been a combat medic in Afghanistan and trained other medics for years after) don't count for squat in civilian life in Norway, I've applied and got into a paramedic program, mostly because they recognized my experience as equalling a EMT B degree, in the Seattle area. When I've done the degree, I'll apply for a spousal green card probably unless something unforeseen happens. Need to be on a student visa or the Norwegian government won't cover my education costs.

So I'll technically still be serving (norwegian) military while I'm over there, and so I just wondered if it'd be possible to stop by . We've had American ex military come in and run classes on our bases often enough, although usually ex SOF or whatever who had special skills.

If you have contacts with Guard or Reserve in the area and have certifications that you know will apply, it wouldn't be a bad idea. "Hey Ronny, I'm in the area for a while, you think some drill weekend they'd like me to do some training?" "Yeah, we have gently caress all to do most weekends, I'll talk to the CO."

Just cold-calling won't get you anywhere.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
The process to get hired as an outside instructor, particularly since you are a member of a foreign military, will take longer than it will take you to complete your Paramedic studies. Also, "You guys suck, pay me so I can show you how it's done" is an attitude that only works when you're pitching a new management program to mid-level bureaucrats.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

-edit ^ that

Are you male or female? Mil medical experience not meaning poo poo is the same in the U.S. That's nice that the program recognizes your (foreign) Military experience as being an EMT-B. I don't think any of the ones around here would. Anyways, yeah, you're not certified so again it doesn't mean anything as far as teaching. I mean it doesn't hurt to "stop by" but I would find a point of contact first. Maybe get the email of the person in charge of training. Are you ultimately trying to stay in the US here or what?

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

Dead Reckoning posted:

The process to get hired as an outside instructor, particularly since you are a member of a foreign military, will take longer than it will take you to complete your Paramedic studies. Also, "You guys suck, pay me so I can show you how it's done" is an attitude that only works when you're pitching a new management program to mid-level bureaucrats.

Yeah, sorry about coming over so cocky, it's late.

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

-edit ^ that

Are you male or female? Mil medical experience not meaning poo poo is the same in the U.S. That's nice that the program recognizes your (foreign) Military experience as being an EMT-B. I don't think any of the ones around here would. Anyways, yeah, you're not certified so again it doesn't mean anything as far as teaching. I mean it doesn't hurt to "stop by" but I would find a point of contact first. Maybe get the email of the person in charge of training. Are you ultimately trying to stay in the US here or what?

Male. Why?
Yeah, my fiancè wants to go back to stay. She has a lot of family, and they're close knit whereas I don't have any family except a few distant relations.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Oh you know just the whole no females in infantry etc etc. :can: kind of pertinent

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.
You could probably do something like volunteer Fire Dept/EMS or Search and Rescue kind of deal instead of trying to do anything with the military. You (most likely) won't be getting paid, but it could be some good experience for a future paramedic job and keep your skills sharp.

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

Delizin posted:

You could probably do something like volunteer Fire Dept/EMS or Search and Rescue kind of deal instead of trying to do anything with the military. You (most likely) won't be getting paid, but it could be some good experience for a future paramedic job and keep your skills sharp.

This is a great idea, thank you. I'm trying to clock up as much time in civilian emergency services as possible in any capacity to build some kind of resume before we go over in August, and trying to do something like that might be great for networking. I'll mine the fiancé's friends and family for anyone who knows anyone.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Maybe I missed where you're going, but in certain parts of the country you could probably make a killing teaching that kind of thing to hikers, hunters, preppers, crazy militia, etc.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I don't know anything about the pacific northwest but I agree with Godholio. If you went down to the southwest there are enough survival nuts and other poo poo that you could probably make some decent money training civilians in combat lifesaving type stuff.

-edit- I just saw how old these posts were. I am in and out of internet service so haven't been able to check SA all that much.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

I live near Ft Eustis, home to the pretty bitchin' Museum of Army Transportation. First time I went, I was in a car, so I'm familiar with the whole checkpoint "open your doors/trunk/hood, show them your license" civilians-going-on-base security stuff.

Public transit has a bus line that goes onto base. How does that work? Like, do they make everybody get off the bus and show their license? I'm unemployed and my car's busted, and I thought about hoppin' the bus to go check out the cool helicopters and trains and hovercrafts again for some free amusement. Just curious how riding a bus onto base works.

JacquelineDempsey fucked around with this message at 15:49 on May 29, 2015

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

As aircrew we were usually bussed to the flightline, which means driving through an entry control checkpoint. Generally one of the cops would walk down the aisle & look at IDs. Sometimes they were more thorough.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

Hickam had public buses that'd come on base. They'd come in through the back gate, an SP would get on and check everyone's ID, then hop off. They kind of do the same thing in Korea, but with DBIDS hand scanners to be a bit more secure I guess.

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Black Thursday was a disaster, plain and simple.
We lost too many good people, too many planes.
We can't let that kind of tragedy happen again.
I am helping out a disabled veteran fix his credit score rating but I am not sure where to post.

Deathy McDeath suggested I post here and I will also be posting at Ask me about dealing with/suing/being sued by debt collectors!

I am trying to get some of the veteran's negative accounts paid-to-deleted so his credit score can be improved. He has several debts that he had in the military but was unable to pay or take care of them while he was still in. After he was medically retired, his power and cable bills (based in NY and the amounts are under $200 and $480), were sent to collection agencies. National Recovery in Harrisburg, PA and I.C. Systems INC in Saint Paul, MN. He also has financial student loans from Edfinancial but he had a payment plan already setup with them before I was there to help him out.

I want to delete the power and cable bills from his credit record, not just show that he paid them. I had those two accounts disputed so that the bills will arrive to the veteran's house so I can help him write a letter requesting a debt validation to start the process but is there any other way he can purge those bills from his credit report? Also, regarding the student loans, is there anyway as a disabled veteran that he can purge or at least raise the credit score?

It is a little complicated that the bills were in NY, the veteran was in PA, and now I'm in DE so if they call the veteran or if I try to call them, I'm not sure if I need to inform them that I am voice recording them, other than PA which I know is a two-party state. I prefer to write but this is just in case if I need to record them.

I have one last thing but trying to find the paperwork for it. Thank you for any help in advance.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

I had some poo poo on my credit report that legitimately didn't belong to me that I had to get cleared up recently. Some of it was from when my identity got stolen thanks to the Army (dude who stole it lived in a trailer park right outside of Fort Gordon, but no law enforcement would investigate and I had moved over a 1000 miles away already), a medical bill that my insurance company had paid and a bill from Directv from years after I had closed my account with no balance due. I managed to get everything off my credit report pretty quickly without paying anyone and was able to buy a house.

I wouldn't even bother calling any of the debt collection companies. Instead send them a debt verification letter and tell them not to contact this dude anymore. Make sure to send it certified mail so you can prove they received it. Immediately after the debt collectors receive your verification letter, dispute the debts with the credit bureaus. Once the debt collector receives that letter requesting verification they are required by law to stop collecting the debt until it is verified. This includes responding to the credit bureau, who will be contacting them thanks to your dispute, and reporting that the debt is valid. If the credit bureau responds to your dispute that the debt collector validated the debt before you receive the debt verification letter from the collector then you have proof that they violated the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and can put their balls to the vice.

Here is some good info about debt verification and in general putting debt collectors into a position to breaking the law http://www.creditinfocenter.com/rebuild/debt-validation.shtml

Another parallel avenue you can take is to file complaints against the debt collector and also the credit bureaus with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. They have a handy online complaint form on their website and what they will do is pretty much forward your complaint directly to the other party and wait for them to respond.

For the complaint against debt collectors I recommend outlining any violations of the FCRA and FDCPA specifically and stating that your desired resolution is for the debt to marked as paid in full and removed from your credit report, and that you were much prefer that outcome to taking them to court for civil penalties related to their unlawful actions. The hope is that the debt collector will realize that they just racked up a hefty bill from civil penalties and that it is in their best interest to just settle with you before it becomes an issue.

For the credit bureaus you can complain that you disputed the debts and that they are invalid, but the credit bureau still has it on your credit report. In my experience they usually respond something to the effect of privacy is very important to them so they will not be discussing anything, but when I check my credit report afterwards they have complied with my requests.

Just make sure to keep each complaint simple and related to only one issue at a time as they don't seem to really read the complaints, just respond to them as quickly as possible.

Edit: You can also open disputes over the telephone. Here are the numbers:

Experian
714-830-7000

Equifax
404-885-8300

TransUnion
312-985-2000

Delizin fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jun 4, 2015

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
Anybody done the whole VA-backed mortgage deal while riding that sweet, sweet Post-9/11 gravy train as their sole income? It makes gently caress all sense to throw my money on a trash fire by renting if I can find a nice $100k-$135k single family in a decent area, given ~$2k/mo BAH rates. Credit's good, expenses are low, I'll be staying in the area for the foreseeable future, and I've got a dependable friend I've known since we were kids to help defray costs with a little rent money. I'm just wondering how it goes over with potential lenders when you've got potential guaranteed income, but not actually employed.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

When I applied for my mortgage I only listed my VA disability money and was approved instantly. I'm not sure how they would look at the post 9/11 money since it is only for while you're in school and runs out after a few years, but I'd still give it a shot.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Delizin posted:

When I applied for my mortgage I only listed my VA disability money and was approved instantly. I'm not sure how they would look at the post 9/11 money since it is only for while you're in school and runs out after a few years, but I'd still give it a shot.

That was exactly my line of thinking; it's guaranteed money but unlike disney disability funbux it's 36 months instead of for life. Come to think of it though, I'm retarded. That dependable friend has a sister who's an underwriter with a mortgage company, this would be a great thing to ask someone who actually deals with this poo poo all day.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Here's a random one:

When transporting ammunition (blanks, if it matters) off-base to a local range, is there any kind of exemption to avoid the awful dickpain of DoT HAZMAT training? Or is almost every DoD organization just doing it wrong except our local transportation office?

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Godholio posted:

Here's a random one:

When transporting ammunition (blanks, if it matters) off-base to a local range, is there any kind of exemption to avoid the awful dickpain of DoT HAZMAT training? Or is almost every DoD organization just doing it wrong except our local transportation office?

Ammunition is a class 1.3 item which must be placarded at any weight. If you're moving a load which requires a placard, then you need to have a hazmat cert on your license.

I think... Fed hazmat regulations are very complex and 49 CFR is very obtuse.

http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/regulations/hazardous-materials/how-comply-federal-hazardous-materials-regulations
http://environmentalchemistry.com/yogi/hazmat/placards/class1.html

vains fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Aug 23, 2015

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Yeah that's been the issue. They're trying to move like 600 blank rounds 40 miles off base to the range for convoy training, and this is the first time in anyone's memory that the ammo isn't coming in with a TDY unit. So finding an explosives vehicle was the first challenge, but then the base ammo folks started talking about HAZMAT certs and poo poo that nobody's ever dealt with, to include the cops that routinely carry ammo to and from ranges. So either there's some kind of exemption somewhere or basically everyone has been doing it illegally for years.

vains
May 26, 2004

Godholio posted:

Yeah that's been the issue. They're trying to move like 600 blank rounds 40 miles off base to the range for convoy training, and this is the first time in anyone's memory that the ammo isn't coming in with a TDY unit. So finding an explosives vehicle was the first challenge, but then the base ammo folks started talking about HAZMAT certs and poo poo that nobody's ever dealt with, to include the cops that routinely carry ammo to and from ranges. So either there's some kind of exemption somewhere or basically everyone has been doing it illegally for years.

http://www.transcom.mil/dtr/part-ii/dtr_part_ii_204.pdf

this is the policy

see pg 5

what is an explosives vehicle? you can transport ammo in a stakebed, a hmmvw/trailer, or a 5/7ton truck. the person who operates the vehicle needs a license for that specific vehicle, a hazmat endorsement on the license, and a valid civilian drivers license.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Apparently there's a rule somewhere that only certain vehicles (might be a local issue, I'm not sure) can be used to transport the ammo. I don't know the source on that, but it's widely understood by people who've been here for a while. But they haven't had to use their own vehicles and drivers for this in so long that nobody here was around last time it happened. But usually the TDY cops in town just haul their own stuff with no placards or anything, and the guy I work was is a former milcop and he says they never did when they went to their own off-base range. So we're all hoping there's an exemption, but I guess he got some hazmat training class set up for monday as a bandaid.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd
Blanks (and pretty much all small arms ammo) are gonna be 1.4, not 1.3...1.3 would be incendiary devices like flares, 1.2 is things that make a small boom/won't mass det (20mm ammo), 1.1 is things that make a big boom/will mass det (bombs, missile warheads).

Small arms is almost always going to be 1.4S, which is the most benign HC/D for explosives. Per 49 CFR part 172.500 you are not required to placard if the item you are transporting is considered ORM-D (which no longer exists, but used to cover all small arms ammo) OR if the item you are transporting is offered for transportation as a limited quantity. Per 49 CFR part 173.63 blanks may be shipped as a limited quantity. Just as an additional data point, the AF Explosives Safety bible (AFMAN 91-201) explicitly states that you are not required to placard 1.4 when transporting it on base. Not applicable to your situation since you're going off base, but broadly speaking 91-201 adheres pretty closely to the 49 CFR, so the fact that it tells you there is no requirement to placard 1.4 just gives more credence to what I laid out above.

Bottom line is that your local ammo folks are being retarded if they're telling you there's a requirement to placard small arms ammo, whether transporting on or off base.

The "explosives vehicle" thing is local stupidity, from a DoD and DoT perspective you can transport explosives in any vehicle as long as it has placards as required and the vehicle is capable of safely transporting the load (not overloaded, able to be secured as appropriate, etc.) Of course in this case it's a moot point because the items in question aren't even required to be placarded. I've ordered waaaaay more than 600 rounds of ammo before in one shipment and I'm pretty sure the UPS truck that delivered it wasn't placarded. Same laws apply to them as would apply in this instance. As long as the blanks in question are properly packaged (i.e., in boxes that are packaged in some kind of outer packaging like an additional cardboard box or an ammo can) and the outer packaging is appropriately marked (with the limited quantity diamond), you should be in the clear, no additional "explosives vehicle" or DoT HAZMAT training required.

vains
May 26, 2004

iyaayas01 posted:

Blanks (and pretty much all small arms ammo) are gonna be 1.4, not 1.3...1.3 would be incendiary devices like flares, 1.2 is things that make a small boom/won't mass det (20mm ammo), 1.1 is things that make a big boom/will mass det (bombs, missile warheads).

Small arms is almost always going to be 1.4S, which is the most benign HC/D for explosives. Per 49 CFR part 172.500 you are not required to placard if the item you are transporting is considered ORM-D (which no longer exists, but used to cover all small arms ammo) OR if the item you are transporting is offered for transportation as a limited quantity. Per 49 CFR part 173.63 blanks may be shipped as a limited quantity. Just as an additional data point, the AF Explosives Safety bible (AFMAN 91-201) explicitly states that you are not required to placard 1.4 when transporting it on base. Not applicable to your situation since you're going off base, but broadly speaking 91-201 adheres pretty closely to the 49 CFR, so the fact that it tells you there is no requirement to placard 1.4 just gives more credence to what I laid out above.

Bottom line is that your local ammo folks are being retarded if they're telling you there's a requirement to placard small arms ammo, whether transporting on or off base.

The "explosives vehicle" thing is local stupidity, from a DoD and DoT perspective you can transport explosives in any vehicle as long as it has placards as required and the vehicle is capable of safely transporting the load (not overloaded, able to be secured as appropriate, etc.) Of course in this case it's a moot point because the items in question aren't even required to be placarded. I've ordered waaaaay more than 600 rounds of ammo before in one shipment and I'm pretty sure the UPS truck that delivered it wasn't placarded. Same laws apply to them as would apply in this instance. As long as the blanks in question are properly packaged (i.e., in boxes that are packaged in some kind of outer packaging like an additional cardboard box or an ammo can) and the outer packaging is appropriately marked (with the limited quantity diamond), you should be in the clear, no additional "explosives vehicle" or DoT HAZMAT training required.

your right. i so rarely handle class 1 materials, except before christmas when ups is moving a lot for some reason, that i misread the table. i was wondering how ups got around delivering them.

my only experience with ammo is in amounts for company shoots anyways

edit: i see my confusion now. class 1.3c lists cartridges, small arms, blanks and class 1.4c lists the same. i assume there is some detail missing from the description. which just goes back to my original point that fed hazmat rules, the ghs and cfr 49 are stupid.

vains fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Aug 24, 2015

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

gently caress yes. I knew something like that had to exist. It was just too stupid to be otherwise. That's exactly what we've been hunting for, thanks.

Edit; V Yeah I forwarded that on too, but that shouldn't be an issue.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Aug 24, 2015

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd
/\ Just make sure you aren't exceeding the weight limit for one outer packaging (it's like 66 lbs per container, with 600 rounds it shouldn't be a problem and even if it somehow is you can just split it into two outer packagings), make sure the inner packings adhere to the guidelines, and make sure you have the limited quantity diamond on the outer packaging(s). As long as you do those three things you should be legal. /\

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

edit: i see my confusion now. class 1.3c lists cartridges, small arms, blanks and class 1.4c lists the same.

lol of course it does, why would we want consistency or accuracy in our rules regarding things that go boom

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

which just goes back to my original point that fed hazmat rules, the ghs and cfr 49 are stupid.

agreed

iyaayas01 fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Aug 24, 2015

25 lighters
Mar 14, 2010
Any army civil affairs guys around here? Active or reservists- don't matter. Just got some questions about said mos/the ait/career pipeline.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
I have heard there is a stereotype with Second Lieutenants being very bad at Land Nav. Is this actually true? Or is this confirmation bias and that Second Lieutenants are the ones who are most often tested and therefore the most often sucking? Is it possible that most people in the military just really suck at Land Nav?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Suicide Watch posted:

I have heard there is a stereotype with Second Lieutenants being very bad at Land Nav. Is this actually true? Or is this confirmation bias and that Second Lieutenants are the ones who are most often tested and therefore the most often sucking? Is it possible that most people in the military just really suck at Land Nav?

It's confirmation bias. No one ever remembers that time their LT got them to the point on time, but they never forget the time the guy in charge got them lost. Junior enlisted also tend to grossy overestimate their own judgement and competence.

Most people aren't great at land nav, the military isn't good at teaching land nav, and they have a bad habit of using outdated maps for training, which doesn't help.

• Locked thread