Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vacation in kabul
Dec 6, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

gsxr posted:

From what I have seen on the internet I qualify for everything for Green to Gold minus the time in, I will be right around 19 months in (24 required) but it is waiverable. Who should I talk to in my unit to try and get the ball rolling with this?

What was your ACT/SAT score? Was your HS GPA a 2.5? What school do you want to go to, and do you realize you need to be accepted there first? Can you get a favorable recommendation from your company commander and the first field-grade officer in your chain of command? Have you passed a PT test in the past six months?

Depending on your answers you should start to put the packet together while simultaneously notifying your first line supervisor of your intent. If he gives you poo poo continue to work up your chain in order to get the packet put in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vacation in kabul
Dec 6, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
If you have to ask then the answer is no. Go to a real college or don't bother.

vacation in kabul
Dec 6, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Here's an idea, use your terminal leave to find a goddamn job. Find a job before your terminal leave starts. Start going to school before you ETS. Something. Because you can't collect loving unemployment, jesus christ.

Quarterly Prophet posted:

Don't you have to be let go/fired in order to collect unemployment? It's more like you quit (unless you got a medical discharge)

Your employer actually has to pay into it, and if you guessed that the military doesn't do that, hey, you're right!

vacation in kabul
Dec 6, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

vik is like 20 man he's lived life i knows i tall you should follow his advice he's p. much dr. phil in uniform

Can you rephrase this in the form of a question so I can tell you that I'm older than you are?

vacation in kabul
Dec 6, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
If you've been given 24 hours of quarters those 24 hours are yours. Unless the medic/PA writes it differently you are in the clear. Just notify your chain of command what time your quarters are up and you should be good.

edit: If you're flagged for being a fatass I'd refrain from answering these questions and lose some weight.

vacation in kabul
Dec 6, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
If you're an AD warrant officer and going to PT formation there is something seriously hosed up with either you or your unit.

vacation in kabul
Dec 6, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Isn't he a Captain now?

vacation in kabul
Dec 6, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Army is an eight year commitment, 4 active 4 IRR. I do not believe there are any exceptions.

vacation in kabul
Dec 6, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Full Battle Rattle posted:

It basically fills out your requirement to the full 8 years right? So for me it'll be 2 years and 19 weeks.

Once you've served eight year you have no IRR requirement, which is what I think you're asking.

vacation in kabul
Dec 6, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I told the Army I'd never had chickenpox, but I actually had chickenpox before, everyone has to pick up the slack for me.

vacation in kabul
Dec 6, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

DEVILDOGOOORAH posted:

The commander who approves/denies your AGCM can do it for any reason he sees is fit, all counselings aside

you havent been in even a year yet why are you so concerned about this.

The best part is that he's stationed in Korea so he can only be there for, at most, two years, and his commander at three years wouldn't even know about anything that he's talking about.

vacation in kabul
Dec 6, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I thought AIP was only good for +1 year for 2 total, but I know you'd know OORAHDEVILDOG. Whoever you are.

vacation in kabul
Dec 6, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Busket_in_Posket posted:

On that note, what's the best rate/MOS for someone who really wants to stop being an encyclopedic nerd? I hear 88M requires minimal brain power...

11X (don't believe what any infantry guys tell you after I post this). 13B. 19D. 92 series (all terrible). 63B. Pretty much every MOS, but the four MOS's and one series I posted are all right up your alley.

vacation in kabul
Dec 6, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Full Battle Rattle posted:

US Army: How long does it take E1-E4 promotions to update on your ERB? I hit my two years on Saturday. Someone told me it should be on there by Tuesday. I only ask because I came in as an E-3, and I've never been promoted before.

I got promoted on a thursday and it showed up the following week on a tuesday. So maybe 2-4 business days.

vacation in kabul
Dec 6, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
You'll need to get the APO zip code and then you'll be all set. I'll try to dig it up for you today.

Of course this is assuming she's with 3/4 and not attached somewhere else at the moment. I didn't think they were still here anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vacation in kabul
Dec 6, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

DEVILDOGOOORAH posted:

edit: how's NTC vik?

Division staffs don't do NTC :smug:

• Locked thread