Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

They're used.

But don't get all butthurt, we haven't napalmed kids in a few years at least.

I'm waiting for some dipshit to bust out a collateral murder or abu ghraib cadence in front of someone important. It's gonna be fuuuuuun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Regicide posted:

Quote please.

GreenMeat posted:

No, NCOs don't have that authority, at least in the Army:

AR 600-8-10 posted:

5–27. Rules to grant regular pass
a. A short, nonchargeable, authorized absence from post or place of duty during normal off duty hours is a regular pass. Non-duty periods of absence, other than the established or normal duty hours are considered as a pass period, to include official holidays (see table 5–1). For example, a regular pass might extend from Friday after duty until the beginning of duty on the following Tuesday.
b. The unit commander is the approval authority.
c. A soldier remains in an available-for-duty-status during normal off duty hours unless absence is authorized.

From the bottom of the previous page. Jesus, you should be stuck in your room until you learn to read a drat regulation.

I wouldn't be surprised if the commander couldn't put it on memorandum that an NCO could act as his/her authority for doling out a restriction also. Although honestly, for a 600-9 failure being stuck on post in your room shoveling doritos and playing video games probably ain't helping.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Um, Missouri is in the middle of an unyielding heatwave right now. It's only been 110-114 degree heat index every day for the past few weeks.

Enjoy that. (Next week should be better, but it'll shoot back up.)

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Around January it gets close to 0 for a few weeks. But beyond that winter isn't that awful.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I thought FLW was back on the grid relatively quickly in January '07 compared to the surrounding areas. But yeah, if those ice storms come back, it'll make for a real interesting OSUT.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

FooGoo posted:

National Guard guys: How do I get a copy of my last physical/dental exam??

We took an annual physical/PHA/dental a few months ago where they brought those mobile trailer clinics on post. Since then however, nobody in my unit seems to know where the paperwork went. MEDPROS only shows my dental class and readiness. Where is my actual exam paperwork??

State. Your unit should be in contact with the medical people at state level.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Cheezymadman posted:

Apologies for my second Generation Kill -related post in this subforum, but TV IV doesn't seem to talk about it at all. I doubt they'd know the answer anyway.

Are senior enlisted Marines somehow higher up the perceived chain than officers? The whole show, Gunny Griego (Casey Kasem) treats LT Fick like a subordinate, and Fick only acts like an officer (in regards to the Gunny) once. The Gunny is the company's Ops Chief, does that put him superior to a platoon commander, regardless of rank? Or is it because he's on Encino Man's hip constantly, and therefore beyond reproach?

Clearly I know nothing of in-practice rank structure, but I was under the impression that any officer outranks any enlisted, no matter what.

In that particular instance, it was mostly because they were presenting Fick as squared away and the gunny as a piece of poo poo who was essentially worthless and detrimental to the mission, while Encino Man was loving incompetent. If that's actually how poo poo was going down and I was in Fick's position, I'd have had no problem eating Kasem's lunch either.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Comradephate posted:

That's a pretty cold blooded statement when it's immediately following you telling everyone he is being relieved because he has no leadership abilities, and for no other reason.

Translation: Desk job and retirement impending.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Dividend Special posted:

Anyone know if the Army WTC course is still in effect? I've been hearing it was put on hold.

I'll have to dig out the ALARACT, but no, it's not. It's BCT for everyone who wasn't prior service Marine or Army. And if you've been out for more than three years, it's BCT again. Effective 1 January.

I'll try to dig it out.

Edit:

quote:

**************** UNCLASSIFIED// ****************

Subject: ALARACT 346/2010 - WARRIOR TRANSITION COURSE (WTC)
Originator: /C=US/O=U.S.
GOVERNMENT/OU=DOD/OU=ARMY/OU=ORGANIZATIONS/L=CONUS/L=WASHINGTON DC/OU=DA
PENTAGON TELECOMMUNICATIONS(UC)/OU=ALARACT RELEASE AUTHORITY(UC)
DTG: 161908Z Nov 10
Precedence: ROUTINE
DAC: General
To: /C=US/O=U.S. GOVERNMENT/OU=DOD/OU=ARMY/OU=ORGANIZATIONS/OU=ADDRESS
LISTS/CN=AL ALARACT(UC)
/C=US/O=U.S. GOVERNMENT/OU=DOD/OU=AUTODIN PLAS/OU=AIG 6-AZ/OU=ALARACT
--------------------------------------------------
UNCLASSIFIED//
THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN SENT BY THE PENTAGON TELECOMMUNICATIONS CENTER ON
BEHALF OF DA WASHINGTON DC//DAMO-TRI//

SUBJECT: WARRIOR TRANSITION COURSE (WTC)

REFERENCES:

A. AR 350-1, ARMY TRAINING AND LEADER DEVELOPMENT, 18 DECEMBER 2009.

B. AR 601-210, ACTIVE AND RESERVE COMPONENTS ENLISTMENT PROGRAM, 07 JUNE

1. PURPOSE: DISSEMINATE GUIDANCE CONCERNING THE DISPOSITION OF THE WARRIOR
TRANSITION COURSE (WTC).

2. EFFECTIVE 01 JAN 11, THE ARMY WILL SUSPEND USE OF THE WTC AS A MEANS TO
TRAIN PRIOR SERVICE (PS) PERSONNEL. IN ABSENCE OF WTC, ALL PS AIR FORCE,
NAVY OR COAST GUARD PERSONNEL, INCLUDING THEIR RESERVE COMPONENTS, WHO HAVE
NOT COMPLETED ARMY OR MARINE CORPS BASIC TRAINING, WILL ATTEND ARMY BASIC
COMBAT TRAINING (BCT). ALL PS PERSONNEL ACCESSING INTO THE ACTIVE ARMY WITH
A BREAK IN SERVICE OF MORE THAN 3 YEARS, REGARDLESS OF PRIOR SERVICE
AFFILIATION, WILL ATTEND BCT.

3. HQDA IS STAFFING AN ARMY DIRECTIVE THAT WILL INCLUDE THE APPROVED POLICY
CHANGES FOR TRAINING PRIOR SERVICE PERSONNEL. HQDA G-37/TR AND HQDA G-1/MP
WILL INCORPORATE THESE CHANGES IN THE NEXT REVISIONS OF AR 350-1 AND AR
601-210, RESPECTIVELY.

4. THE ARMY TRAINING DIRECTORATE POINT OF CONTACT FOR THIS MESSAGE IS HQDA,
DCS G-3/5/7 (DAMO-TRI) LTC JEFF HACKETT, DSN: 222-5910, COMM: (703)
692-5910, EMAIL: JEFFREY.HACKETT@US.ARMY.MIL.

5. THE ARMY PERSONNEL DIRECTORATE POINT OF CONTACT FOR THIS MESSAGE IS HQDA,
DCS G-1 (DAPE-MPA) MR. ALPHONSA GREEN, DSN: 225-7490, COMM: (703) 695-7490,
EMAIL: ALPHONSA.D.GREEN@US.ARMY.MIL.

6. THIS MESSAGE EXPIRES UPON PUBLISHING OF THE ARMY DIRECTIVE STATED AT
PARAGRAPH THREE ABOVE.

7.EXPIRATION DATE CANNOT BE DETERMINED.
Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Dividend Special posted:

Thank you.

Well, that sucks. I guess I could use the refresher but dealing with retards again for 8 weeks or however long BCT is in the Army is going to suck.

Hopefully this time I won't be laundry crew.

9 weeks now, I think. But if the new privates I keep seeing are any indication, it can't be hard. What rank were you when you got out?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Your state, unit, and CO are all terrible.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Get proof? File an IG complaint if he keeps it up.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

That's better advice, honestly.

I've got the "hatemyunits" going on, so I wasn't thinking super straight about it. Going directly to the IG might not be the best bet. Just remember to document EVERYTHING, regardless of the route you decide to take.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

One (1) 35lb weight from the gym.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Roving Reporter posted:

Last year I was an E5 with 4 years of service, and a 3 day drill netted me $450-475ish IIRC. So they definitely messed up your pay.

Edit: It might have been less than that, maybe like $300 something. I just checked out mypay and I guess I've been out too long to access my past LESes.

As an E-5 with 5 years, I can tell you there's no way you got 450 for a MUTA 6. Unless you live in bizarroland My last MUTA 6 netted me around 370. And the only thing I have taken out is life insurance for 50k. A regular drill is ~262.

They didn't screw up his pay, he's just not going to be getting an assload of cash for drill. It's really only for beer money.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

gleep glop posted:

Seriously? The little info sheet they gave me says a three day drill is 600 almost. In that case they still owe me for my first drill, but if you're right well then boo.

Yeah, they lied.

http://www.militaryconnection.com/2010-pay-charts/2010-drill-pay.asp

MUTA 4s before taxes and benefits are taken out.

E: Your LES should show the dates of training covered too.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I know plenty of people in the guard on anti-depressants. They all still have their clearances. Granted, none of them have top secret, at least that I'm aware of.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

#milgoons on synirc

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

It's called DESP. When the wife isn't doped to the gills on pain meds I'll ask her for specifics about it, but the $500 a month figure is correct.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Are you in America? Never heard of having to tell them you moved.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I wouldn't worry about it. Like, at all.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

There's a joke in there about my ETS date being a month after I turn 26. I just can't find it. And I'll probably have to re-up for a year or two anyway.

At least we know the draft is most likely never going to happen again.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Wouldn't add anything you haven't been awarded. You can ask your admin folks when they get back. It's not like it matters.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

*If* it's like the army, then you may be due the award, but until you remind your admin folks and have it processed, you aren't authorized to wear it.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Birth Certificate, SS Card, Marriage License, Photo ID.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

gleep glop posted:

Need some more goon help here. Im looking to transfer NG units. I live in NJ but joined the PA guard after leaving active. My unit's armory moved so it's now a three hour drive for me and frankly isn't worth it. I'm not MOSQ in my unit yet, in a 13M in an MI company currently. The command is terrible, and it really is making me hate the guard. What can I do to possibly transfer to the NJ guard? I know I have to speak to my unit to but I have a feeling they'd try and dick me over.

Go talk to the recruiters in NJ. Tell them you want a slot. They can find them.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

The only way that answering yes to that question can get you int rouble is if you are trying to get veteran's preference applying for a government job. Are you applying for a job in the guard? PM me if you are, I can help.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

You guys are thinking way too hard about desertion in the National Guard.

If you miss 9 MUTAs in a 12 month period, the commander can (and will) AWOL you out. This means you needed to be coded A or U (I believe, I haven't looked at a PERSTAT in a while and I can't get a hold of my wife to ask her right now) for those MUTAs.

At that point, your unit will send a certified letter to your house. You may appeal the AWOL for... 15 days or something like that, and then they begin to process you out. Depending on the commander, you'll probably end up with an OTH discharge after the entire process takes place, and if all your OCIE wasn't in your locker (or you have a dishonest supply sergeant) you will receive a charge from the government for your gear. Bonuses get recouped, and you lose GI Bill and SLRP benefits. If you recently received a bonus payment, you may have to pay that back too.

They won't lock you up, they most likely will not send out the MPs, none of that junk. After they do a bunch of paperwork, you are just gone.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

gleep glop posted:

So basically you're saying I can skip two drills and nothing will happen. But then I don't get the perfect attendance ribbon...

Pretty much yeah. I mean, you might get busted down a rank if it's a problem, but for the most part that I've seen, they won't do poo poo.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

My NCOERS have come off of NCOER.com or some bullshit like 3 hours before they're do every year. This year, I wrote my own and just gave myself Excellents in everything because gently caress if I'm going to make it easy for them to screw me again this year.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

IrvingWashington posted:

Dumb dramabomb questions:

Say a (US) soldier is overseas and he (supposedly) finds out his wife is seeing someone else.

Q1: She may have told the guy she is having an affair with that she can't leave her soldier husband because he will automatically get custody of the children. This is bullshit, right?

Q2: If they are moving back to the place where the US army has a big old base, with a plan to have this dumbass guy get a job/apartment nearby, what is the likelihood he is going to end up sooner or later getting his rear end horribly kicked?

Q3: If your wife/husband was cheating would you want to know? If so, how would it even be possible to let you know?

Hey!

gently caress you.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

So wait, is Irving the deployed soldier? Or is he Jody?

What is going on.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Then what the gently caress was that last post?

E: Can an officer make me a flow chart to follow this? Thanks.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Wait, so "our kids" means Jody is taking his kids too?

Dude, you are going to loving die.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

MY FAVORITE IS GETTING THE EMAILS THAT ARE LIKE THIS BECAUSE HEY I WAS WORKING IN BLAHBLAHBLAH AND I HAD CAPS LOCK ON SO I EMAILED YOU THIS AND I AM NOW TAKING THE TIME TO TELL YOU THIS INSTEAD OF JUST TURNING CAPS LOCK OFF AND TRYING AGAIN

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

AT is BAH Type II. Unless it's different for officers, which it could be. As an E5, I usually get about 1500 net after taxes thanks to BAH Type II.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

DoktorLoken posted:

I have my first AT coming up, are there any forms I need for this BAH type? I qualified for BAH while I was active duty for training last year so I don't see why I wouldn't qualify now.

If you're Army National Guard, then your admin people will take care of it. It's Type II, so it's just an excuse to get you some extra cash.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

psydude posted:

So, regarding AT pay: is it going to be this usual bullshit where I have to wait until 2 weeks after I get back to get paid? Because if that's the case, I'm going to burn my loving paid vacation so that I don't go broke.

I always get my check the last day of AT.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

How you look on a TRADOC post matters.

Also, you'll be interacting with IET soldiers and they don't want them to see a fat sergeant and think they can immediately begin slacking on PT when they get to their unit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

And make a decent amount more. Plus you can be all "yeah, i was enlisted...."

• Locked thread