Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

Calicoo posted:

Mods such as these seem like a waste of a mod spot, but to each his own I guess.

That is seriously your reaction to a mod that gives everything huge titties and penises?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

Calicoo posted:

Yes. If they were going for gross out, they'll have to try harder (no pun intended). I'm not scared of human anatomy even if someone decided they should be plastered all over the game and humongously sized.

Nor am I surprised if people get off to things like that. The world is full of abnormalilty and I've grown to accept it.

Abnormality is one thing but jerking off to imps with tits is a whole different beast

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

Whizbang posted:

That's just the Mystic Elf race, you won't see any unless you pick one to play as.

Uh I don't know I see people with that hair all the time in my game for some reason. Like orcs and poo poo.

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

Mandrill posted:

hooollyy poo poo, any getting started tips for TCOM? I get rapes within like 15 minutes of starting, cant find a way to regen my health aside from sleeping really, this poo poo is hard but awesome.

Make some potions? Usually two kinds of meat makes a health potion.

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

Why do people keep posting their load orders? Is there something complicated about running BOSS?

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

Wyre bash

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

What is the TAA patch and where can I get it?

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

If the game is too hard for you then switch to Oblivion XP. Even with OOO's added difficulty you can just pump whatever skill you want with OXP when you level and become good much faster.

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

Comrade Flynn posted:

How long are you "locked" from raising a skill after 49?

However long you set in the INI? It might be like level 5 by default or something I'm not sure. You can get by that though with enchantments and reading books.

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

ladyboy bobafett posted:

please dont take up smoking its bad for your health and it smells bad

also if you drink any more than 3 cups of coffee a day you should consider cutting back. :)

i'm looking for a clothing mod which doesn't look terrible. Classy Clothing Compendium is okay, but it doesn't really add any robes or fancy getups. The in game clothes are okay, so i'm not looking for radical new styles or anything... just a little bit more variety. It's not like tamriel runs on argonian sweatshops or anything, so why does everyone have to dress so similar

Here you go

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

LSD posted:

Anyone have any luck running this on the Intel HD integrated laptop graphics card? canirunit.com tells me I don't meet the minimum specs but I do meet the recommended specs for some reason.

You have a piece of poo poo. Even if you do get the game running its going to look horrible.

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

Perch posted:

something is wrong with my obse. all the mods that don't rely on it work fine, but "a to take all" for example, does not, and when i try to install all natural weather, it tells me i don't have obse installed, even though i did what it said to do in the readme. what do i do?

Are you running the game via obse_loader.exe?

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

That post hurts my eyes. I'm fairly certain the latest version of OBSE for Steam is v17, not 18. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. That, or you downloaded a version that is out of date.

http://obse.silverlock.org/ The official site.

That's even what it says in the error message he posted. Its like he didn't even need to post about his error if he had just used google.

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

Unless you got the most expensive Dell 1558 then you have Intel graphics which are total poo poo. If you do have the best one and actually have a Radeon 5470 then you should be able to at least run Oblivion but I'm not sure how it would do on that card. Sorry you got a lovely laptop bro.

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

So I upgraded to DR6 and none of the keys (bash, dodge, or throw) work at all. Any ideas?

edit: I have the latest OBSE and I did a clean save before install

Lacermonia fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Nov 21, 2010

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

What the hell is 00.42.11.ess?

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

Make sure you installed the steam version of OBSE

Other than that since your mod list is so small I would suggest turning them off one at a time until the problem goes away

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

Crashes usually don't cause drivers to corrupt

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

i think you should only have one bashed patch

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

Have you run boss? I know streamline isnt actually supposed to be last.

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

Soo I started the game up for the first time in a while today and everyone has the double face bug. The only things I did were update BOSS, Wrye Bash, OBSE and I installed Trade and Commerce. What could make this happen?

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

Ineptitude posted:

Double face bug was related to import faces iirc

Check that your face import settings match the TCOM documentation

Nah, it was the stupid new deadly reflex, somehow

quote:

Deadly reflex asks you to drop the 'fNearDistance=10' in 'Oblivion.ini' down to 'fNearDistance=0', this coupled with 'bActorSelfShadowing=1' causes the effect shown in the screenshot above.

It really seems not worth the hassle at all

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

So this is a thing. It adds mods to some items in a diablo-esque way. Kind of like ARES which has been in development for like 5 years except this is released.

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

LoSesMC posted:

Whoa, I was just about to ask about ARES but couldn't remember the name or find anything about it with a lazy Google search.

Here's the thread. Apparently the guy keeps having catastrophic equipment failure so he's always getting way behind. Doesn't seem that complicated, though.

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

Soo for some reason the game has decided to crash whenever I load a save near the place that the thieves guild questline starts. Are there any common causes for crashing in the waterfront?

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

Nah I've got FCOM and some other stuff. The game seems to crash whenever I approach the waterfront at night or load a save where I'm standing there already.

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

probably couldnt hurt to do a bashed patch

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

Rabbi posted:

Wrye Bash is such a poo poo app. I'm pretty sure it took me hours to get working last time I tried to (and failed to) mod oblivion, and I just wasted an hour and I'm still getting errors. I wish someone would remake it in a real language that didn't require people to gently caress around with python dependencies. If Wyre Bash was good, the Oblivion modding process wouldn't be nearly as painful.

It's too bad because I had a blast using just OOO, and playing one of the xCOM mods would probably be even more fun. It's just not worth the headache at all to attempt to install all of this poo poo.

Um I just installed it and it worked without any problems. Pretty sure most people have that experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

Cerepol posted:

How hard is it to throw OblivionXP on top of EasyFCOM?

I assume some simple Bashed patches are needed. I'm just wondering if EasyFCOM has any big leveling changes I'd need to overwrite/deactivate.

OblivionXP is just like a script that runs on top of whatever you have installed. The only thing you would have to deactivate is any leveling mods that are also installed but I don't think FCOM forces any of those on you. At least the original didn't.

• Locked thread