Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Who are you and how did you get here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Arise from your grave, dog thread! The dachshund puppy commands you!

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Portraits of dogs as they shake off water

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Embiggen posted:

This little guy is literally :smugdog:

edit for content: how fast are we going?
http://i.imgur.com/bHLym.jpg

webmeister has a new favorite as of 14:02 on Aug 23, 2011

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The world's most patient dog:

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

And I defy anyone to watch this video without smiling. Go on, try. I'll wait!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWPWrR-94NY

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

There really isn't anything cuter than a Dachshund puppy, except possibly a Dachshund puppy drinking beer

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Probably the best youtube dog video I've seen in a while...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmpONxJ7JSw

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Wanna spot me bro?

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

My border collie used to let fly with some pretty horrendous farts. Little jerk would fart loudly and then stare at me like he thinks *I* did it!

But how could you get mad at a face like this?

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Tank dog reporting in

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Inside the top-secret United Nations Dachshund Council:

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

In honour of shark week:

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Obie, the world's fattest dachshund!

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

That last dog apparently belongs to the dentist, he brings it in as a therapy pet to calm nervous children.

Yeah, it's awesome.
http://www.lifewithdogs.tv/2012/12/therapy-dog-helping-children-with-their-fear-of-the-dentist/

Can't wait to get my own dachshund in the next few months...

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

My new mini dachshund puppy, Schnitzel:

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

gobboboy posted:

That's the joke, yes. If I got him a brother I was going to name him either Frank or Felix.

When we get another dachshund to keep Schnitzel company, he'll be called either Strudel or Chicken :v:

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

A few more of Schnitzel's puppy adventures:

First day at work, sitting on my boss's chair:

First trip to the beach, running around like a madman:

Looking very excited about learning to surf:

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Loving all the gorgeous dachshund pictures! Keep em comin :D

In the meantime, here's Samuel L Dogson:

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Good dog defending the car!

And here's my Schnitzel, feeling very sorry for himself after getting desexed:

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

I was just lying here like a good boy, and suddenly my bed exploded!

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Border Collies are awesome, and those are all very handsome.

Not a picture but w/e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kHLbh7SaTvQ

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Schnitzel modelling his new coat:

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

WHAT A GOOD DOG posted:

Maybe someone here can explain to me why my dog (and whatever dog is staying here) likes to follow me around from room to room if they're completely fed and watered and stuff. Like, are they just that bored or do they think I'm gonna do something for them?

Yeah, dogs just follow their owners around. If he isn't playing with something, my dog just endlessly follows me around the house, and if I shut him out of a room (eg I'm taking a poo poo), he'll just sit patiently at the door until I come back :3:

gobboboy posted:

Our wieners are very similar.

Here is Oscar when he was a pup. He does not like wearing clothes.

Oscar looks awesome, and yeah very much like my Schnitzel! This is what he looked like while terrified of swimming pools at about the same age:

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Sorry for the Buzzfeed link but these guys are too awesome not to share:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/chelseamarshall/pictures-of-instagrams-goofiest-best-friends

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Schnitzel waiting for his mum to get home:

Schnitzel patrolling the pool area on Australia Day:

Schnitzel tearing up the remains of an inferior breed:

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Drone posted:

Schnitzel is the cutest name for a Dachshund and that is the cutest puppy :kimchi:

Unfortunately I can't take credit for it! There's a bunch of kids books starring a dachshund named Schnitzel von Krumm :3:

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Apologies for my wife's lovely Instagram filter, but this is our mini dachshund in his natural habitat:

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Not my dachshund, but mine has the same attitude as this guy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Master Twig posted:

This is my roommates dog Hot Rod. He's an Argentinian Mastiff and is a big soft dummy. He recently decided that under the table is where he belongs (even though we almost never eat there.)

Not to get all PI on you/him, but your roommate should get him a crate. Dogs in the wild live in dens with a low roof and 3 walls (eg a tiny cave etc), so him hiding under the table is basically that den instinct kicking in. My old border collie used to sleep under the table all the time as well, and it wasn't until I did a bunch of googling that I figured out why.

He looks like a cool dogge though!

• Locked thread