Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Astrobastard posted:

Gonna spam some pics here, some beautiful dogs in this thread so I'll post my retardhound.

I love Frenchies. :3:

My husband and I are looking to get one when we move into our next apartment. Yours looks like a hilarious and sweet little bugger. Do you enjoy having one?

yay! shar peis!

Hastings has a new favorite as of 01:45 on Jul 27, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008
I'm taking this handsome guy from the pound home this week. :3:

So Goons, what should I name him?

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Sutureself posted:

What is that, a chowden retriever? That is a ridiculously cute fluffy dog. I'm not normally for naming dogs Bear, but that dog kinda looks like a Bear. (what's he weigh?)

Yep, Chow Chow/Golden Retriever. Sadly, no one around here wants him..they want the puppies or chihuahuas that have been coming through the shelter. I don't understand how he hasn't been taken home yet, he's so FOOFY. I think he's about 60-70. He's got the low build of a chow, but some strong, musculature like a retriever.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Cat Plant posted:

Doesn't matter what's on the adoption certificate, you're always going to call him 'fooooooffeeeee' or farfle butt or something equally ridiculous because look at dat fucken dawg. So fucken foofy. Foofy butt. Flooflehead. Floofypants. Who's a foofyfloofypants?

Every time I see his picture on my screen, I actually squeal "BABY! OOOHHH MY BABY!!" So it's incredibly likely that instead of treating him with dignity and giving him an upstanding name, I will probably embarrass him with the name Foofy Baby or something like that.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Skizzles posted:

:eng101: Black tongues are not actually unique to the Chow-Chow breed!

Here is a picture of some goon's dog I swiped from Google+. She is a Belgian Shepherd and I want one so goddamn bad but I would never be able to provide all the physical/mental exercise they require. My chill mutt is enough for me.

That is one badass dog. Both beautiful, yet terrifying, at the same time. Probably a big love muffin though.

Also Phanatic, your dog totally looks like a bear. Just want to love on him!

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008
So, I just checked in with the pound. Somebody was able to pay for the Chowden Retriever and take him home before I was able to. I was going to move into my pet friendly apt. this weekend and take him home, but someone got him first. :( Well, there are other dogs out there that need homes. I am totally going to find whoever bought him and cut a bitch.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Sutureself posted:

Oh, booooo. They better treat him right! :( I went through over a dozen dogs with my mom before she settled on Barkley (my dad was ready to adopt anything that would lick his face), so I'm sure you'll find a great dog soon!

I don't know what sort of mutt Kody was, but he had the floofiest tail ever. And he shed like a monster. But now he is dead.

Did you use his tail to sweep? He serves two purposes: giving great kisses AND he cleans up after himself!

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008
So, I officially have a new dog my way. As in, it is actually set aside in my name to be picked up and no one else can claim dibs. Look at this smug motherfucker. LOOK AT HIM.

We're naming him Compton after Vampire Bill. "Sookeh, I do believe I have misplaced my bone.."

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

noggut posted:

"I am vampire, Sookeh!"

Haha Oh God, it looks so menacingly evil! I love it.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Jibo posted:

After three months of getting him from a rescue, I finally got a halfway decent picture of my buddy Marty.

What breed(s) is he, do you know? Because he looks exactly like my dog and we have no loving clue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

kloa posted:

Thought I'd share my mom's puppies that are about 4 weeks old (she bred her 2 Australian Sheperds for the first time):

Oh God, I need one. Please send me one, or all of them, it really doesn't matter. :3:

• Locked thread