Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

Newest addition to the apartment. In the usual position. Sleeping with her eyes freakishly open.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

Hit or miss Clitoris posted:

I just made a noise no grown man should.

Holy gently caress do I love Frenchies. And Bostons.

edit: AND THAT.

Haha I made that same noise the first time I saw her. I loving LOVE all Bulldogs.

I will own an English Bulldog in the future, definitely my number one choice. It's just not ideal for European apartment living but the Frenchies are perfect. They're just the coolest, most chilled out and downright retarded dogs on the planet. We decided to try to keep the name to match the 2010 name rules in France (Has to begin with an "F" for French pedigree registration, not too sure how this works in other Countries).

Decided on "Fu(bar)" as we expected poop-eating, Bulldog farts and stubborn attitude. Been quite accurate so far, but she's absolutely perfect behaviour and health-wise, apart from the malformed sternum that we're getting X-rayed in the next few weeks. Apparently it's not a problem in most cases but definitely worth getting checked out so I'd love to know if any of you guys and girls have similar experiences without me having to read Yahoo Answers for an hour again.

Gratuitous puppy pics follow -

Ohhh awesome, just noticed the pics above and hopefully I wont get lynched for the results of my girlfriends 2 hours on ebay.

Astrobastard has a new favorite as of 05:07 on Nov 9, 2010

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

8 Months old and I hope she keeps that face forever :3:

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face
Gonna spam some pics here, some beautiful dogs in this thread so I'll post my retardhound.

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

Hastings posted:

I love Frenchies. :3:

My husband and I are looking to get one when we move into our next apartment. Yours looks like a hilarious and sweet little bugger. Do you enjoy having one?

In our family we've had German Shepherds, Old English Sheepdogs and Border Collies and Frenchies just rock in comparison. I've wanted an English Bulldog all my life and WILL one day, I love all bulldog breeds and Bostons too, but English Bulldogs are just not realistic in these small apartments in Versailles. As long as you do your research into Bulldogs beforehand (I was just overwhelmed with what I didn't know or assume) I can promise they're just the coolest dogs ever. They have bursts of energy but sleep like a champ most of the time, also usually involving hefty amounts of snoring. They can suffer quite quickly in hotter weather if they're doing anything at all (even walking) so you have to leave the apartment prepared to go into dog cooldown mode. It's hit 35C again here recently and she wanted to lay down after about 15 minutes of slow walking, but bottles of water, a few breaks and shade do the trick most of the time. The fact she's a darker colour doesnt help either though.

On the other hand, if they're sleeping they love the heat, she crawls onto the sunbeams on the floor as they move during the day, and refuses to sleep anywhere at night apart from under the duvet.

They get on amazingly with kids (the smaller the better, ours goes prone to the ground and literally inches towards random toddlers she sees outside on occasion) and other dogs of course, but they're relatively stubborn too. Dealing with the dreaded Bulldog fart was an initial surprise but you get over it fast :)

They also love baths -

More recent pic -

They're hilarious for sure, sometimes a bit clumsy, and many times just downright retarded. Definitely get one someday and post pics when you do :3:

Edit -

dinozombiesgoRARR posted:

Says it all

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

Phanatic posted:

This is Gus.

Gus hasn't even met you yet, but somehow, he loves you.

Gus does not have a lovely home smell. He smells pretty much like he looks: strong and flatulent.

Bullies are just the best dogs

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face
It was doggy meetup and enjoy first decent weekend day of Spring with Beer today.

The Brindle French Bulldog is our beast

Astrobastard has a new favorite as of 01:30 on Mar 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

• Locked thread