Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

I was hiding under your bench because I don't want to work out
I am shamelessly stealing pictures of my BFF's chocolate labrador. When we get back from uni we take her on massive walks and meet up with all the dogs in the area.

Here's her choccie lab Tag. For some reason in photos Tag's face bends space time to make her look ridiculous, while the other dogs just look normal.

Lethemonster has a new favorite as of 16:49 on Feb 29, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

remigious posted:

This is Alex the rat terrier, she likes digging.

Her sister Roxas is quite a bit lazier.

I love the dog slump. Every dog does the dog slump, and it is the best. So inelegant, but looks so comfy.

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

chachu posted:

I've got a JRT/chihuahua mix who got the fat JRT body with the spindly little chihuahua legs, and instead of sitting she just sorta... plops down with her legs out at different angles. It looks like somebody glued little toothpicks to a sack of flour.

I need pictures. I NEED pictures of this, it sounds amazing.

Sometimes my dog will walk into the room, look at you. You'll go to pat her on the head of something and she'll look at you like you're an idiot.

Then she farts.

And leaves back to wherever she was sleeping before.

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

PooBoots posted:

:ssh: Dogs' feet smell like Doritos.

Or beef wotsits. My labrador has feet that smell like a cross between frazzles and cheesy wotsits. I need to work out how to distill dog-foot smell and make billions selling the flavour to crisp manufacturers. People want natural flavouring in their food! What's more natural than a paw?

And a clean dry dog has a lovely home smell.

A dirty wet dog smells like hell.

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

You could give her pretty much any two syllable name with a rise on the second syllable and she'll respond to it, she probably won't even realise you're using a different word. ;)
Dogs recognise speech patterns and sounds rather than words, if your dog gos nuts over "Let's go for a WALK!" it'll probably react the exact same way if you say "Sue ate some CHALK!"

Actually they have shown that dogs can recognise the words. If you say rhyming sentences like that they only respond to the correct one if they are above a certain IQ. It's a good way to tell how dumb and/or hopeful your dog is. This one is mine.

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

My dog gets very upset at having to wear her doggie seat belt harness or her face leader when she goes through a pully spell.

We find it hilarious, however, because she tries to get the face harness off by stick her head in every bush she can find and walking sideways. If no bush is available she sticks her head up your butt while you walk and tries to pull it off.

I don't know why she hates wearing her harness so much. We've had her as a puppy and she has had nothing but happiness and love in her life, but if you put it on her she sits underneath a curtain staring at the floor until you put her in the car. Such a sad, stupid dog.

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

I miss my puppy. When we visited the breeder to see the new litter, Tag chose up straight away. She followed us around like this around the edge of the crate;

She worked out what a camera was straight away and put all of her training and smarts into becoming the least photogenic dog ever.

Sometimes she lets you take a good photo of her.

And I use her to practice my photoshopping skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

a life less posted:

Do you like dogs? Do you like dogs doing tricks? I made a video of my dog doing tricks.

http://youtu.be/qftdlZngzgo

Holy poo poo

I can't even get my labrador to role over

If I even say it she goes into some post traumatic flashback where she flops on her side crying

• Locked thread