Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doll House Ghost
Jun 18, 2011

I'm sorry, this is going to be a little depressing.

This is our Finnish Lapphund, Jasu:

We got him thirteen years ago. He was nothing but a tiny shivering ball of fur bag then, and never quite outgrew it. Jasu was our little runt dog. In his latter years he became even goofier looking when he lost his ear.

It's an old cliche but what he lacked in size he made up in personality. He was the smartest dog I have ever known. Not in an obedient sense though - every time we would tell him to sit he would not only sit but paw, lie down, roll around and bark, all in one smooth routine. But he was a thinking dog. When my parents were teaching him to stay in a pen outside during the day he simply climbed over the 2 meter fence. Jasu avoided other dogs but would sleep in a ball with our cats. Every time someone came to our yard he would greet them (visitors and family members alike) with a low and enthusiastic AROOOW yowl and wagging his tail so hard his whole butt shaked. Here's a picture of him yowling:

Last time I saw him was Christmas. He walked a little slower than before and had started to lose his eye sight but was still yowling at us just like when me and my siblings still lived at home and Jasu greeted us when coming back from school.

Two days ago he was attacked by two much larger dogs. He's always been a good runner but this time he didn't make it and the dogs killed him.

Goodbye Jasu. I don't think I'll ever meet such a strange dog again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread