Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viivac
Jan 5, 2005

I need a cheaper hobby

Just Another Lurker posted:

If you took DS9 and removed the Prime Directive and added facisitc controlling governments and aliens that would give Changelings nightmares you might.... if you are lucky get something like Babylon 5.

I think the DS9 episode that would be closest to B5 in feeling would be the season six episode: "In the Pale Moonlight".

I used to be an anti DS9 person but now see it as similar to B5 on several levels, but on a seperate playing field.
I've never seen DS9, or rather just snippets of episodes. Is it worth watching? At least if I try to imagine it like you say; it's on a different playing field than B5?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viivac
Jan 5, 2005

I need a cheaper hobby

The Big One posted:

e: I've seen season 1 far more times than anyone ever should
I quite enjoy season 1. Perhaps I'm weird.

Viivac
Jan 5, 2005

I need a cheaper hobby

Haraksha posted:

Is it wrong that I've spent the last several minutes giggling like an idiot picturing Londo saying, "Mr. Gauis Balter!"
When Peter Jurasik was about to do a scene, he would always say "Mr. Garibaldi!" and be right in character. Was all it took.

Viivac
Jan 5, 2005

I need a cheaper hobby

mojo1701a posted:

I don't know if I should be admitting to this or not, but... I finally watched the original pilot, "The Gathering". When I originally watched it, I didn't want to get bogged down, so I went straight for the regular episodes.
If you really want to slum it out, find the original pilot with Copeland's score.

Edit: For those not in the know, the original aired pilot is not the pilot you get on VHS/DVD these days. That pilot got re-edited and Chris Franke did the proper score. The original pilot was even more campy and that horrible.. horrible.. John Copeland score that will never ever go away. Never.

Viivac fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Jun 28, 2012

• Locked thread