Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

The same eye cannot both look up to heaven and down to earth.
I recently inherited a Canon G10, and I've been pretty pleased. What can I do to take some of the reflection off these pictures. or is there even anything? I know on an SLR you can just get a polarized filter, but are there any options for point and shoots?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

The same eye cannot both look up to heaven and down to earth.

Powershot G10 that I just inherited.

I've been trying to get into photography but it's a fairly expensive hobby. I've inherited as well a Canon AE-1 and an EOS Elan 7N. What makes more sense, to practice with a point and shoot like the G10, or to invest in film and developing with the SLR's? Personally I like the G10 and I look for any excuse to use it, but I don't know if it's even an applicable medium to get better at photography with.

These shots were all on manual, but obviously from the photos above there's a ton of work to do in understanding the mechanics better and I just want to become proficient enough to justify finally putting money into a DSLR further down the road.

• Locked thread