Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist

rscott posted:

Heh, when I did 3rd shift stocking, I would have given anything to throw paper/pet. Maybe 150 cases of bulky, but mostly light poo poo? Hupping 50 lb bags of pet food onto the bottom shelf is ez mode compared to trying to throw 55 cases an hour of canned food. 48 cans of tomato paste is supposed to be thrown in the same amount of time as 4 packages of paper towels!

My worst work experiences (ice cream shop) usually revolved around stocking. The product was shipped in dead weight cardboard boxes, dumped by the back door, only lasted about 10 minutes outside of a freezer before melting and immediately leaking. I was one of the few male workers, guess who had to run back and forth inside a freezer for an hour every week?

My boss got cheap during the winter and started scheduling one-person shifts during dead hours. Trying to stock boxes while serving customers was actually impossible so customers would end up shouting and the ice cream would melt. My only free will was choosing how to gently caress up and who to piss off, there was no doing it right/well.

I made good money and smoked weed all day but the fun got sucked out of it when I became a manager and had to babysit a bunch of high school kids barely younger then me. There was a ton of drama and the lack of oversight above me turned into a bad thing really fast, which is how I eventually lost that job.

That turned out to be a good thing in the end, it was an excellent reason to Never Work Retail Ever Again, it pushed me to transfer to a better college and refocus on school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU