Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!
I work at a large grocery store, and until the weather goes bad we have bins of produce outside/against the store, inbetween the entrance and exit.

(Customer):confused: Do you have any pineapples?
(Me):v: Yup, sorry looks like they're all outside though, none in here.
:confused: So there are none in here?
:v: Nope, only outside, sorry.
:confused: Well, how do I get one then?
:v: ...
:confused: ...
:v: What?
:confused: How do I get a pineapple?
:v: ...
:confused: ...
:v: I don't... know what you mean
:confused: I want a pineapple, how do I get one?
:v: ... walk... outside?
:confused: You mean I have to walk all the way back outside to get a pineapple?
:v: *looks over her shoulder, stares at the entrance that's no more than a 5 second walk away*...yeah...

And those ellipses aren't added for comedic effect for your reading pleasure, each time we were standing there staring at eachother for a good 4 seconds or so

Bonus story: My brother works for a shipping company and was once asked if he could ship something to Hawaii by land.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?

Insignificunt posted:

... I work in the clothing department guy, I don't know poo poo about rat poison or paint or plumbing supplies, just get out of my face!

I had something similar happen a day or 2 ago. I work at Superstore in the produce department, and a guy asks me where marbles are. I let him know where the toy area is, but that's not good enough, he asks me to show him. Fine, I walk with him all the way to the toy area, then he asks me where specifically in this area marbles are...

As much as I'd love to have everything we sell in this gigantic building mentally catalogued sometimes it isn't even possible to keep track of where things are in my own department

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
A customer had a breakdown today because my co-worked started putting the stuff that she left in her unattended shopping basket back onto the shelf. Yelling, crying, stomping feet, the whole works. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to feel bad for her, to be worried for my co-worker in case of violence, or to start laughing. I hate to see old people crying, but Jesus Christ, it was a basket of vegetables...

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?

elf pr0n posted:

Got my hours cut from 40 to 26

ugh

I went from 40 to 22 :smug:

P.S. :smithicide:

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
We have these stupid vests we have to wear that say "Ask me, I'm here to help!" on the backs. Walking along once I hear someone saying "Ask me! ask me!" behind me, and ignore it of course (I didn't even know what it said on the back of the vest), until after a few more times I turn to see what's going on, then find out she's trying to talk to me...

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
I got to practice my patience skills twice today:

First I catch a woman opening & eating half an orange and leaving the rest on the table. So I give her the orange and tell her that she has to pay for it. She looks at me, looks at the orange, puts the orange back on the table and walks away.

Later as I'm walking to the back, a (different) woman and her 2 kids walk by the opposite direction, but the kids stop to take some chocolates from the bulk section. I kindly ask the kids to put the candy back, and the mom says
:witch:: "Put it back, the man is doing his 5 dollar job."
The kids put the candy back and the mom gives me the stink-eye as they walk off. Yeah, I'm real sorry that I'm not letting you steal, poo poo-head.

I don't want to get kicked out of my boxing gym for using my training in public, but it sure is tempting :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?

modeski posted:

Tell me you called security. Holy poo poo.

I looked around for my boss who used to work in security before transfering to my dept., but he was nowhere near (probably because our stupid company cut hours so much that we end up having 1 person on the whole floor for the dept. at the time). By the time I would've found him and brought him over she would've finished paying for her other stuff and been gone, and I didn't see any of the current security guys all day either. v:saddowns:v