Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Man, I have an interview tomorrow at one of the stores frequently mentioned in this thread. :/

I think I'll just do my best and if they offer me the job, turn them down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
So, is there any place that's good to work your first job? I pretty much backed out of Target after reading this thread and seeing how many hoops they would want me to jump through just for a minimum wage holiday job.

I'm generally pretty open to lovely work and rear end in a top hat managers, the only things I want to avoid is (1) pressure to sell people poo poo they don't want like credit cards, magazine subscriptions and the like; and (2) stupid "team cheer" bullshit ala Wal-Mart.

At this point, since I'm going to Disneyland in January, I'm thinking of just walking into their "casting" office to see if I can get a job there and just relocate to do it. Entire books have been written about the slavish work and near-fascism of Disney management, but it's a company that I actually like (I pretty much studied Disney service culture and employee guidebooks as a teenager, since it was my dream job. I think I actually have the Operators Manual for Space Mountain in Florida around here, with all the startup/shutdown checklists.)

Given that I've already brainwashed myself as a teen to the Disney mold, to the level that no matter where I work I'll be pointing with two fingers and picking up and disposing any garbage I see even if it's not in my job description, I might as well work at a place that will appreciate those habits.