Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sunpocket
Dec 30, 2003

I started working as a cashier for Kmart two months ago and I really haven't had that many terrible experiences, just weird ones. Today a lady came in and I asked her if she had her rewards card. She said she DIDN'T want one and would NEVER get one because she HATES Kmart and she knows a manager here PERSONALLY and doesn't like her or something and it SOURS her otherwise wonderful Kmart experience and that she ONLY EVER shops at Kmart if it's ABSOLUTELY necessary. Okay, sheesh.

She then buys $115 worth of men's Joe Boxer XXXXXL sweatpants and hoodies. There is a Walmart literally across the street that sells perfectly decent sweat-wear.

She was actually pretty civil aside from her little tirade so whatever. :shobon:

sunpocket fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Oct 3, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sunpocket
Dec 30, 2003

Babies are not good at holding mommy's Big Gulp. Bitch (mom, not the baby) didn't even apologize or say anything besides "uhhhhhh...." and motioning at the spill. Then she went back to texting.

sunpocket
Dec 30, 2003

I work mostly jewelry these days (moved up from cashier), which is pretty decent, so my one day a week of cashier is bullshit.
Today I worked register. We do electronic checks so I tell customers that they don't need to write their checks out if I see them starting to, just because I don't want them to waste their time. Most people laugh and thank me for stopping them, because honestly us and Walmart (and maybe Penneys) are probably the only places in town that run electronic checks.
I was probably there for a half hour before I had a customer who when I informed her about our check policy that she SLAMMED her check book down and whipped out her debit card.
I apologized that I thought she was writing a check and she said that it was "Senseless" the way we run checks.
I've heard mass-murder as senseless. Electronic checks? Not loving senseless.

sunpocket fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Feb 27, 2011

sunpocket
Dec 30, 2003

I was checking up on cosmetics when an older lady came up to me and asked me where lotion was. It's in health and beauty, not cosmetics like she thought it would be, so I walked her to the aisle. She thanks me and gets to shopping.

She comes up to me about five minutes later and asks me where the best place to check out would be. I pointed her to the five lighted front-end registers with no waiting. She says, "No no, there MUST be a better place to check out at." I was confused but I told her she could try electronics, but it would be quicker to go to the front where you exit the store anyway. She walked away in a huff saying she would try electronics. :stare:

sunpocket
Dec 30, 2003

I got into work yesterday for my jewelry shift and saw a note on my register that two ladies, Pam and Peggy, were coming in later to buy two rings and a bracelet that were being held under one of the counters. Turns out they are strippers from the strip club across the river which has a performer with a highly visible C-section scar. Sad stuff.

When they came by I recognized them immediately. Two black women who were old enough to go into cougar territory. Their hands gave their age away. I don't want to go into detail but they were extremely skeezy.

Immediately both of them said they weren't going to buy the bracelets that they had held the day before. We have a 70%-off diamond jewelry sale that lasts most of the year. One of the ladies claimed the original price of the ring she'd looked at was $350. It was in fact $1100-something and $350 was the sale price. She was upset. She then took about 15 minutes looking for another ring, the ugly loving guady diamond rings that no one has bought since 2001 because they're godawful pieces of overpriced poo poo. They spend about a billion hours deliberating about how the baguette diamonds just make that ring just look like shiny gold from far away and how this one with the other diamonds are cleaner and is it gold-over-silver or solid because GOS tends to tarnish faster and I can only nod and smile. One of them buys the ring and the other a perfume.

I had been told in advance that they have a history at our store. They buy jewelry, use it for the weekend, and then return it all gunked up or try to commit return fraud by returning other jewelry that they got somewhere else. I was told to use lots of hand sanitizer afterwards.

They paid in cash :barf:

Today I had to come in at 5 am to do the ad, and about 45 minutes before I get to go home they roll in. They want to return the ring they bought yesterday. They see me and say, "Oh you're the lady who checked us out yesterday!!!" while I was thinking, "gently caress no I do not want to deal with angry strippers," which is the first time I've ever thought that thought. They want to exchange the ring they bought yesterday for a different one. They don't have their receipt ("It blew away" though to be fair it was loving windy yesterday so it might be true).

They want to do an exchange so we played the "How much? ok HOW MUCH FOR THIS ONE? okay how about THIS one???? Okay that first one, how much was that again??" game again for five minutes. They showed me the ring they wanted to return, and it looked fine when she had it on her finger. The softlines manager asked me, since she's especially annoyed at them after all these years, ARE YOU SURE IT'S THE SAME ONE, and I said it looked the same as the one I sold them yesterday. The design was distinct so I figured I couldn't be mistaken and they were just returning it after looking pretty the night before.

The band on the ring they returned was all oxidized on the inner part and some of the baguette diamonds were missing. Either did some serious corrosive damage in one night (:gonk:) to the ring or they bought a similar ring months ago and exchanged the old one for a new one. I had to put it in the damages case because it was so tarnished.

I feel bad that I may have let them commit exchange fraud again though. :sigh: I thought they returned jewelry after a weekend of working, not after a year or so. They had all sorts of horrible rings on their fingers so I hope I don't have to deal with their poo poo again because I won't be as nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sunpocket
Dec 30, 2003

Since I started working out on the floor at the beginning of the year instead of being a cashier I notice the music we play a lot more. The usual music rotation is fairly robust; you won't hear the same song play twice in one day.

The Christmas music rotation is slimmer, but there's this one song that drives me nuts. It's the 2011 Kmart promotional song I guess??? The "no one does Christmas like Kmart does Christmas" song. It plays on the hour every hour. They had someone make the most generic holiday song possible about buying poo poo for Christmas and then autotuned it and gave it the worst lyrics possible about sparkling and shining. It didn't used to play so often, I guess last week corporate decided, "Hey we paid for this awful song lets use it every opportunity possible" :cry:

That and the loving Twelve Days of Christmas Muppets version. Actually Christmas music in general when listening to the same songs everyday for a month aghhghghhh