Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Murphys Law
Nov 1, 2005

silversiren posted:

Today some little poo poo of a kid figured out how to make the belt stop and kept holding his hands in front of it. As if that wasn't bad enough, he took the only two items his mom was purchasing and slid them all the way to the end of the belt where I couldn't reach. His brother took them and put them within my reach and told the kid to stop, but when I went to grab the items to scan them, the little poo poo snatched them from my hands and threw them back down at the end of the belt. While his piece of poo poo mom stood there laughing.
I loving hope to god that little son if a hitch gets a lowest-end-of-the-food-chain retail job when he gets of age.
Btw is it child abuse if you hit someone else's kid.

If the mother was standing there laughing, she's the one you should be hitting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murphys Law
Nov 1, 2005

Robzor McFabulous posted:

Now there's a cold treatment I haven't tried! :v:

It makes sense. Starve a fever, FEED a cold.

Murphys Law
Nov 1, 2005

Kimmalah posted:

There's also apparently a campaign going around online to raise $10,000 for them for some reason.

Ok, this is a bit much and bordering on ridiculous compensation for having to deal with a bitch customer, but I kind of hope they get it just because I think nothing will piss that bitch off more than these employees being given a lot of money by the general public just because they had to deal with her.

Murphys Law
Nov 1, 2005
Yesterday while grocery shopping I start down an aisle with cleaning supplies. About midway down the aisle a grown man grabs some kind of soft brush hanging from a rack, catches up with his wife to tickle her cheek or neck with it, then just drops it on the shelf between two other items rather than walk the four feet to put it back where he got it. I don't even work retail and this kind of poo poo annoys me. I can't imagine being a retail worker and having to clean up after idiots all day.

Murphys Law
Nov 1, 2005

redweird posted:

Man, people who come in right before close are the absolute worst. Sometimes they'll rush up while i'm locking on the door. If I am feeling gracious I'll let them in, but I always say something like "Just letting you know: I'm no longer getting paid to be here so you're only able to purchase alcohol by virtue of me being a good bloke. You've got two minutes." That normally works.

Sometimes they'll come up and tap on the locked door. "You guys open?" "Nah, not anymore. That's why all the outside lights are off, the roller door is halfway closed and the door is locked. The reason I did all those things is because we are closed."

I worked at a Burger King in a mall when I was in high school. One night after close, our gate was most of the way down, not completely because we had to leave that way, but really only high enough that us kids could duck under it on the way out. Some guy walks up to the counter, rubbing his head where he bumped it on the gate he had to stoop under, asking if we were open. When you injure yourself trying to mission impossible your way into the place it's probably safe to assume they are closed.

Murphys Law
Nov 1, 2005

Butyraceous posted:

It's 100% the parents. Kids don't automatically know how they're acting isn't socially acceptable unless their parents tell them so. Like at my store, kids will 'shop' or whatever and the parents don't even make them put it back, they just stuff it under a clothing rack and move on. Ergo, the kid will just keep doing that since there is no negative consequence for that behavior. In your situation, those parents weren't making it clear to their kids that what they are doing isn't acceptable, so they don't even consider the fact that it may be wrong or annoying because the person who tells them what to do isn't saying anything.

And I just have to roll my eyes at anyone who acts like this is some strange social phenomenon with the current generation of parents. Literally every generation has people who are just poo poo parents, it's nothing unique.

God, the parents that don't control their kids. I was grocery shopping once a few years ago and this little kid, 8-10(?), was pushing a cart up and down two aisles at a full sprint. You could hear the parts of the cart rattling against each other and the wheels skidding as he cornered too fast for the cart to turn on its own from who knows how far away. His first lap I was two aisles over from him but was sure at first I was about to get hit really hard from behind. I get to the end of the aisle and am heading over to the meat display along the back wall of the store when he tears around the corner, almost hitting me and another shopper before disappearing down the next aisle.

As I'm standing there at the meat display, hearing him round the far end and start heading back in my direction I briefly wonder what would happen if I were to turn the front of my cart just a little bit to the left so he hit it. Would it hurt him? Would it hurt me? Would his dipshit mother, whom he'd passed within a couple of feet of on each lap so you know she's aware of him, FINALLY do something about him...or more likely yell at me for hurting her innocent little angel who hadn't done anything wrong?

We'll never know. I settled on just glaring at him as he passed me. That was his last lap. I like to think it was my look that did it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murphys Law
Nov 1, 2005

Leal posted:

Don't know if that is worse then the people who will grab an item off the shelf, then take 5 steps before deciding they don't actually want it and throw it onto the nearest spot that isn't the inside of their cart. What, you couldn't decide if you actually wanted it and just grabbed it off a whim instead of going "OK, I actually do/don't need this" and keep it/not pick it up in the first place?

God, I actually saw one of these in action a few months ago.

Murphys Law posted:

Yesterday while grocery shopping I start down an aisle with cleaning supplies. About midway down the aisle a grown man grabs some kind of soft brush hanging from a rack, catches up with his wife to tickle her cheek or neck with it, then just drops it on the shelf between two other items rather than walk the four feet to put it back where he got it. I don't even work retail and this kind of poo poo annoys me. I can't imagine being a retail worker and having to clean up after idiots all day.

And pretty much anytime I go grocery shopping I'll see something somewhere that it doesn't belong. Once I saw something in a freezer that wasn't frozen food. Why?