Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
nvm, bad idea

devmd01 fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Oct 4, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Did the GPS cost $205?

devmd01 fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Oct 5, 2010

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

ladymikochan posted:

Nope 130.00. So he would have to get back 100.00 cash and 30 in a check. That would not fly.

Yeah, I was talking with my ex who I broke up with 8 years ago and she's purchased 52 items from hh gregg since then. She's never had a problem with returns there or at any store, as long as the return policies are clearly stated. Do they print on the receipt? Then again, the old guy probably couldn't even read english. :)

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Nothing wrong at all at working for a retail company...as long as you're at corporate, then the bullshit rules don't apply. :dealwithit:

e: its me, im the guy from corporate

devmd01 fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Oct 21, 2010

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

manguero posted:

Goonspeed all of you who are still in retail.

I have no problems with Black Friday, personally. All I have to do is be physically present at work at 3 am, drink free red bull from my boss' fridge, and laugh at the volume of calls the helpdesk is receiving. I do love retail IT.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
email from corporate: hay guyz we have a facebook page now please Like it and btw here are some guidelines.

pretty much everyone: uh yeah we don't give a poo poo

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Who's ready for a week from today, gently caress yea! :suicide:

We're opening 4AM companywide, thankfully all I have to do all day is get there an hour early and be ready to handle any IT emergencies. Sure glad my boss has a fridge stocked with Red Bull.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

ladymikochan posted:

Around 4:30 Visa/MC apparently have had it with trying to keep up with the massive amount of credit/debit transactions freezes up and and takes up to 10 mins to process a transaction.

It wasn't Visa/MC.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Judging from all the emails rolling in to our IT notification list about stores and delivery centers being closed, I guess the south got some snow or something the last couple of days? :v:

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
If any of you got hired by a certain retail store in the past 2 weeks and haven't been able to fill out your W-4 form, my bad!

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
For those 2-3 of you in here that work at certain big box retailer, I apologize for the ethnically diverse yet somehow eye-raping computer wallpaper I am being forced to unleash upon you shortly.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
I can't wait to scarf down turkey with family at 3pm tomorrow, then drive home and drop my wife off so I can get to work by 6pm! At least I work in corporate IT, so my xbox is getting plugged into my second monitor and i'm playing GTAV all night unless something goes wrong. :v:

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
hahahaha our ecommerce site is down right now, good job developers.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
My body is ready.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

YF19pilot posted:

T minus 7 hours till open. I probably should try to get some sleep.

We've been open for two hours, sucka. :smug:

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
I've seen a few of you in this thread and kept my mouth shut, but now that I don't work there anymore I feel compelled to warn you - if you wear a red shirt and sell appliances and electronics, get the gently caress out as soon as you can. The corporate environment is going downhill fast. Its not quite circuit city 2.0, but I'm glad I got out when I did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Also, for the second time, I don't think anyone in this thread is a Top Guy at [store] and will seek you out and fire you and all your friends because you posted a thing about a moron who came into a store. Just name who you work for, the hinting and secrecy is really annoying. If you have co-worker posters they are going to know who you are by the story anyway.

Not to be creepy internet detective, but out of curiosity it took me all of 2 minutes to figure out exactly who someone was about a year or so ago in this thread when they posted a less than complimentary story about HH Gregg. I also didn't loving care, didn't mention it to anyone (least of all the goon themselves), and completely forgot about it until now. It's definitely more possible with a smaller chain with geographic dispersion between locations.

devmd01 fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jul 9, 2014