Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Found a folder of mecha gifs buried in my image directory.

The King of Braves, GaoGaiGar

Some girlified Zakus and a blonde Gouf. I don't have a clue where the gifs are from, but they're ancient.

Turn A Gundam, or ∀ Gundam

Gundam F91

Mazinger

Some Gundam, probably a movie or OAV judging by the animation quality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

We can rule them like gods! ...Angry gods.
Great thread, keep it going! Hey, could anyone with gif skills make one from Gurren Lagann of the first time you meet Leron and he's in Kamina's face doing the little wavy finger thing?

KoB
May 1, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

Some Gundam, probably a movie or OAV judging by the animation quality

Gundam MkII from the Zeta Gundam movies.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
As soon as I get my update posted I'll be here with a Guyver gif or two. Any tips on how to get the filesize down when using Virtual Dub's gif making thing?

Edit:
It's not a Guyver gif, but I've had this one on my computer for forever.
Fist Of The North Star!

Version 2.0!

Kenshiro~ :swoon:

Edit Edit: Guyver Gif time!

I apologize for the size; I only just recently learned how to make gifs.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 01:28 on Jul 10, 2010

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
A pile of gifs, a couple of which I'm not sure where they're from, so I'll just put those together and if you wanna ID them go right ahead

Getter Robo

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Overman King Gainer(animation from Super Robot Wars) doing The Monkey

Dragonball Z Goku's American voice actor going "OHHHHHHH" and an impression of Goku getting punched in the nuts

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

Captain Invictus posted:

Dragonball Z Goku's American voice actor going "OHHHHHHH" and an impression of Goku getting punched in the nuts

[/b]

I need to see this video.

landis
Jun 16, 2003

Until the end.

Captain Invictus posted:

A pile of gifs, a couple of which I'm not sure where they're from, so I'll just put those together and if you wanna ID them go right ahead

I believe this one is Last Exile. It's been a while since I've seen it but I remember it as pretty good.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

landis posted:

I believe this one is Last Exile. It's been a while since I've seen it but I remember it as pretty good.
The beginning is awesome, the middle is awesome, the very end totally blows.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

landis
Jun 16, 2003

Until the end.

big bip posted:

The beginning is awesome, the middle is awesome, the very end totally blows.
Yep, that sounds about right. Here's some Full Metal Panic:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

My gif skills improve rapidly! :downs:

Guyver

Unmistakeable Fire
Oct 1, 2006
Why the gently caress isn't there a Guyver Season 2 goddamnit.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Unmistakeable Fire posted:

Why the gently caress isn't there a Guyver Season 2 goddamnit.

My brother! :respek:

My theory as to why there's no season 2 yet is because the manga is still ongoing and hasn't gone far enough yet for them to get enough material for a second season.

edit: oh god oh god I"m on a roll tonight, someone else post please so I can release my creations upon the thread without sending browsers to Valhalla.

Edit Edit: Screw it, have some more. I tried uploading to TinyPic but the connnection kept resetting for whatever reason.
Guyver

loving Vamores :argh:

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 09:00 on Jul 12, 2010

Clumsy Card House
Jan 6, 2008

Needs more Gurren Lagann.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

More Guyver! More, I say!

Hyper Zoanoid Team Five! Poor Thancrus. He gets no love- He's always the first to die, in the Manga and both animes.

Oh, Tetsuo. :3:

MALMOT ANGRY :black101:

He's takin' you with him, bitch! :black101:

Unmistakeable Fire
Oct 1, 2006
I'll conclude my part of all this Guyver chat by saying one of you suckas should make a megathread for it in ADTRW for all the OVAs and movies and manga (I've only seen the show :().

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Unmistakeable Fire posted:

I'll conclude my part of all this Guyver chat by saying one of you suckas should make a megathread for it in ADTRW for all the OVAs and movies and manga (I've only seen the show :().

If they ever make a Megathread for it, you'd best link me to that bitch. There needs to be a Guyver game, dammit. Vampire Hunter D got a PS1 game, Lensman got a tabletop-RPG. We got an anime that cuts off when the Zoalords get a reason to poo poo bricks because they're no longer top of the food chain. :smith:

Have some more Guyver while I'm making new ones. I probably will only be posting Guyver for a while. It's.... its the only anime I have the AVI's for.

Tetsuo, stop poking the weapon of mass destruction.

Oh god you pissed it off

Wheeeee

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 04:03 on Jul 15, 2010

N0NEX
Jul 5, 2005
Cat poo poo One

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

N0NEX posted:

Cat poo poo One

Yesssssss. Been waiting for gifs from that show.

devious pudding
Sep 8, 2008

Higly illogical, Captain.
More Azumanga Daioh.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

What's that you say? More Guyver? Why, certainly!

Flawless Victory :black101:

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 04:18 on Jul 21, 2010

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

And if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier...

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

What in the christ is that? :gonk:
Here's to hoping we get a new page soon. My browser is about to join the ranks of the Einherjar.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It looks to be an edit, there's some folks who like to edit stuff to be weird(er) or just plain silly. Like the long running editing gags using Azumanga Daoih scenes such as the Shoe Kick gif or Snowball Throw gif.

Shoe Kick gif original:

Also, I love the war for thread rating on this thread. Every other day it's two bars, then back up to three.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I noticed that myself. I wonder if we'll ever get to gold or if it'll be an RPG-esque eternal struggle with no one side ever gaining the upper hand.
I'd post more Guyver gif, but I'mma wait for a new page. There's no objections to that being the only ones I post, is there? It's all I have the proper AVI's for until I can figure out how to get my Fist Of The North Star or Tekkaman onto my computer :saddowns:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I love the Angel Beats! OP so I think this gif is badass.

I should finish the show sometime.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I noticed that myself. I wonder if we'll ever get to gold or if it'll be an RPG-esque eternal struggle with no one side ever gaining the upper hand.
I'd post more Guyver gif, but I'mma wait for a new page. There's no objections to that being the only ones I post, is there? It's all I have the proper AVI's for until I can figure out how to get my Fist Of The North Star or Tekkaman onto my computer :saddowns:

As long as it's not "moe" bullshit like Lucky Star or K-ON you're perfectly allowed to post it in this thread. Just as long as you keep the content rolling, whether you made it or not.

(don't know)

JointHorse
Feb 7, 2005

Lusus naturę et exaltabitur cor eius.

Yams Fan

Captain Invictus posted:

As long as it's not "moe" bullshit like Lucky Star[...]
Hey, gently caress you! :mad:

..naah who am I kidding, Lucky Star is moe~ as gently caress, it's just not as bad as K-on and it's ilk. :v:

quote:

(don't know)

That's Ouran High School Host Club

JointHorse has a new favorite as of 12:34 on Jul 22, 2010

TheOriginalEd
Oct 29, 2007

Caffeine Transcendent
Grenadier gifs always amuse me.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

TheOriginalEd posted:

Grenadier gifs always amuse me.

Is that so?

Have an avatar. ;)

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

N0NEX posted:

Cat poo poo One

I have been waiting for this show for a good year since watching the ballin' trailer. Just got my hands on episode 1 and I was very impressed.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

As long as it's not "moe" bullshit like Lucky Star or K-ON you're perfectly allowed to post it in this thread. Just as long as you keep the content rolling, whether you made it or not.

Your unknown is definitely Ouran Highschool Host Club. Now you've reminded me I need to go re-watch that series.

'Moe' stuff can be funny from time to time, but yes, I have to agree the occasional zerg rushes of them we've been getting are a tad nerve grating.
And I make the Guyver gifs myself, that's why some of them are a bit on the big side- I'm getting better at whittling them down, but it's a slow learning process.
More gifs will be had later today once I finish fixing my CD drive. Can't work on my LP 'til it's done.

Edit: Yow, we really need a new page :gonk: My browser crapped itself.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 21:41 on Jul 22, 2010

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

JointHorse posted:

Hey, gently caress you! :mad:

..naah who am I kidding, Lucky Star is moe~ as gently caress, it's just not as bad as K-on and it's ilk. :v:

I think Lucky Star managed to pull it off because it was self aware of how cheesy and moe it was. I still think the first episode was the best anime troll ever. Speaking of LS, anyone have a gif of the deer?

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006
Well Then, What Shall We Start With?
Mobile Suit Gundam

Ideon

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Might as well contribute to the browser-crush some more!
Guyver!

Ramothith! He's actually pretty weaksauce compared to Gregol :eng101:

As pictured.

Quote your favorite V for Vendetta line here, Mr. Creedy.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Bob Smith posted:

Mobile Suit Gundam

God, I love Slegger. He's the smuggest loving redshirt in history.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Guyver :black101:

Holy crap is this a remake of something? I swear there was something just like this in the early 90s and it was my first experience with violent anime. Course back in those days we called it "japanimation" and we had to walk 15 miles in the snow to the blockbuster oh god I'm already an old man :psyduck:

Content:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Amorphous Blob posted:

Holy crap is this a remake of something? I swear there was something just like this in the early 90s and it was my first experience with violent anime. Course back in those days we called it "japanimation" and we had to walk 15 miles in the snow to the blockbuster oh god I'm already an old man :psyduck:

Yessir! They re-made it in 2005, I have the complete sets of both the old 90's and the redux '05 run, though I only have AVI's of the remake on my computer at the moment.
Don't worry, you aren't old- I remember glorious, glorious days at 5 or 6 spent in front of the TV, watching wide-eyed as the Guyver tore apart hordes of Zoanoids like so many wads of paper instead of watching Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck. I was hooked right then and there, and have been ever since :allears: Any requests from the old series, if you remember any? Shouldn't be too hard to get them onto my computer.

Have some more Guyver!

My first experiments with reversing are a success!

Bye, Vamore! :byewhore:

Synevite is no match for high-frequency blades.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 14:55 on Jul 24, 2010

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Amorphous Blob posted:

Content:

Whoah what's this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Directorman posted:

Whoah what's this

Highschool Of The Dead, I think. Very fan-servicy from what I've seen of it; I could be wrong, though.

• Locked thread