Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Initial D Second Stage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Since I've got a few more of these, let's finish off the One Piece gifs.

cyberpunksurvivor
Dec 29, 2011

I am opposed to homosexuality for political reasons
Batman the Animated Series

Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010
You should post that in the marco thread.

cyberpunksurvivor
Dec 29, 2011

I am opposed to homosexuality for political reasons
Edit: Dead post

cyberpunksurvivor has a new favorite as of 21:42 on Mar 7, 2012

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

G Gundam:

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Laica reels (or animatics) make for great gif material. Unfortunately, I can't find anything else of that ilk online apart from these images and ones already posted in this thread.

Gurren Laggan

Rebuild of Evangelion

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Those are crazy cool.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Hey, learned how to make gifs and the first ones I decided to make were of the incredible pencil tests on the Criterion laserdisc of "Akira".

:nws: for gore: http://i44.tinypic.com/6tlefc.gif

wanda
Dec 8, 2010

FLCL

Yozakura Quartet: Hoshi no Umi

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Found more animatic gifs, this time from "The End of Evangelion". I happened to find these on Tumblr, and what's really weird is I've never seen them before and some of the shots appear to be ones cut from the film. Anyone know where these came from?

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Jamesman posted:

I miss High School of the Dead. Wasn't there supposed to be another season or something? :(

They made a very bad ova for the DVDs that is literally just a fanservice ep. I'm dying for another season though. Last thing I had heard was the first season was basically a 'draw attention' ploy for the manga. If there's more coming I'm ecstatic.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

The Aquabats Super Show:

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Adventure Time

Cowboy Bebop

Daily Lives of High School Boys

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Golden Boy:

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Crying Freeman

Paranoia Agent

On that note… Paprika

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
the little match girl
by hans christain anime

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO

Robert Denby posted:

Hey, learned how to make gifs and the first ones I decided to make were of the incredible pencil tests on the Criterion laserdisc of "Akira".

I would KILL for more of these. Akira is stunningly well animated, and I would love to see what went into the creation process.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007

Kikka posted:

I would KILL for more of these. Akira is stunningly well animated, and I would love to see what went into the creation process.

I spoke a little too soon on the "YAY! I can make gifs now!" thing. Lacking the tools to make decent gifs (on Mac without Photoshop, which leaves me up poo poo creek as far as making decent ones), they're all slow as hell and have gigantic file sizes even after changing color profile, reducing image size, etc.

That said, I might try to make more "Akira" ones as they seem to hold up well. The laserdisc supplement is positively mind-blowing in revealing how much work went into the animation; I'm talking Richard Williams and Disney-in-his-prime kind of stuff.

On with the show...

Azumanga Daioh

Cowboy Bebop (I do not remember this scene at all)

FLCL

Poochinski: The Animation. Actually I don't know what this is from… (EDIT: Ergo Proxy)

Robert Denby has a new favorite as of 19:51 on Mar 17, 2012

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Robert Denby posted:

On that note… Paprika

Man, J. Jonah Jameson looks real confused!

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum

Robert Denby posted:

Found more animatic gifs, this time from "The End of Evangelion". I happened to find these on Tumblr, and what's really weird is I've never seen them before and some of the shots appear to be ones cut from the film. Anyone know where these came from?

Those are actually from the "next time on evangelion" reel on episode 24, which pretty much confirms that End of Evangelion is the canon ending that gainax was planning on making all along. (Suck it fans of ep. 25 and 26)

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Soviet Baloo did not gently caress around.

(Literally Soviet Baloo; this is from the Soviet film Маугли "Maugli". And it's really good. It's also available in English.)

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

We can rule them like gods! ...Angry gods.

Robert Denby posted:

Cowboy Bebop (I do not remember this scene at all)

It's the episode where they run into Edward's father. This is the scene where they find the orphanage/day care thing that he left Edward at. The nun runs the thing, but I don't remember why she sprayed Faye down with the fan-service hose though. I do remember Faye went inside and had lunch with them or something.

God, I love that show. It's one of the very few animes I can 100% get behind.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
I now vaguely remember that scene, but haven't watched all of that show in a long-rear end time (probably need to do that again at some point). Here's another gif from it:

And here's some more Evangelion leica reel stuff:

Rebuild

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Robert Denby posted:

Poochinski: The Animation. Actually I don't know what this is from…

This is from Ergo Proxy, the episode where they go to Smileland (not Disney) and meet totally-not-Walt-Disney. I actually liked it!

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Time for some :lsd: animation:

Toell the Great

Something Disney-made. Not sure.

These are from

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Robert Denby posted:

Something Disney-made. Not sure.

I do believe that is from the 1943 Disney movie Saludos Amigos.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?

Captain Invictus posted:

This is it. This is what finally gets me to read One Piece.

I still haven't seen a single episode of Persona 4. I am a disgrace to my username. :negative:

Clinton1011 posted:

Berserk is the one I am really interested in since I never really see any gifs for it.

This is really late, but here you go:

:nws: in case you're squeamish http://i.imgur.com/ECgqV.gif
:nws: for the same as above http://i.imgur.com/sJZ4F.gif
:nws: because of blood http://i.imgur.com/8z9oG.gif
:nws: because of nudity http://i.imgur.com/WXAFJ.gif (Berserk in general is just not work safe apparently. Who would have guessed!)

These gifs were honestly the first time I've seen what the new movies look like. They're great looking, but the low-budget grittiness of the original is what made the anime so good, you know? But I'll probably change my mind on that when I see the Eclipse in that gorgeous animation.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Marin Karin posted:

This is it. This is what finally gets me to read One Piece.
There are far better reasons than missilemouth cyberdog to read One Piece!

The greatest faces.

edit: morra Korra

Captain Invictus has a new favorite as of 10:42 on Mar 19, 2012

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Random gifs I felt like making for the Avatar thread.

Korra: strong enough to lift an entire family. Linked because it's a mild spoiler, nobody will find this at all surprising but it's worth holding back anyway.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.
I've also been making gifs from The Legend of Korra

The other ones I made were of the 'Got my eyes on you' exchange posted Captain Invictus, but split into separate animations in the interest of keeping my gifs under 1MB. I'll try to make more original ones.

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

We can rule them like gods! ...Angry gods.

MacBook Air Gamer posted:

I've also been making gifs from The Legend of Korra

The other ones I made were of the 'Got my eyes on you' exchange posted Captain Invictus, but split into separate animations in the interest of keeping my gifs under 1MB. I'll try to make more original ones.

Where are you people getting these? I thought it didn't come out for a month or so.

G. Quietly
Oct 23, 2010

Look out for Sirius!

TShields posted:

Where are you people getting these? I thought it didn't come out for a month or so.

It premiers next month but apparently a press preview or something of the first episode got leaked a few days ago.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Nickpress.com had the full episode on it in two downloadable FLV files. Following tradition, the brilliant folks running the site used a diabolical username and password combo, but unfortunately a master hacker deduced that the username and password were both "nickpress", pressed through the barriers and escaped with a copy of the episode before Nickelodeon could react.

It was all very Mission Impossible-y.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Captain Invictus posted:

Nickpress.com had the full episode on it in two downloadable FLV files. Following tradition, the brilliant folks running the site used a diabolical username and password combo, but unfortunately a master hacker deduced that the username and password were both "nickpress", pressed through the barriers and escaped with a copy of the episode before Nickelodeon could react.

It was all very Mission Impossible-y.

Ahaha, I can't believe people still do this.

Autodrop Monteur
Nov 14, 2011

't zou verboden moeten worden!
Adventure Time

Gyagu Manga Biyori

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Work that pelvis.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
More Avatar: The Legend of Korra, since the first two episodes were released on https://www.korranation.com yesterday. It's unfortunately not available to anyone not in the US, on that particular website anyways. Easily some of the best animation to come out in years, movie-level in many places. I'd say it's often on par with something like Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex in terms of detail in the animation. It is also an incredible show in every other aspect, and is absolutely something everyone should be watching.

gifs with text are subtitled. It was far too difficult to find non-macro Korra gifs.

Also, some pencil test animations, I believe someone requested these be posted when found.

I would advise against looking for Korra gifs yourself. I found many an unpleasant tumblr in my search, including a truly nauseating NSFW one with grotesque naked fat dudes photographing themselves(posted right next to a korra gif, natch), and countless shipping tumblrs full of gif macros.

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

And if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier...
If I wanted to start watching Korra, do I need to watch through all of Airbender first to understand it's plot? And if so, is there somewhere it's streamed for free? Cause these gifs are pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Spectral Werewolf posted:

If I wanted to start watching Korra, do I need to watch through all of Airbender first to understand it's plot? And if so, is there somewhere it's streamed for free? Cause these gifs are pretty cool.

The first Avatar series is on Netflix, but I don't know of anywhere it's streamed free without straying into :filez:

• Locked thread