Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
It's Friday, anime gif thread. You know what that means!

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/FNAXX.gif

Marin Karin has a new favorite as of 18:08 on Apr 27, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Perfect Blue

Paprika

Eden of the East

Tsuritama (I really need to start watching this)

This is from an ongoing series called GAINAX Is A Group of Filthy, Filthy Whores

100% real

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

More Tsuritama

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia

Clannad

Eureka Seven: AO a surprise cameo by Hatsune Miku's carefully non-copyright infringing cousin.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
One of my friends showed me a vhs of Adult Swim's 2004 April Fools day episode of Futurama.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Robert Denby posted:

This is from an ongoing series called GAINAX Is A Group of Filthy, Filthy Whores
100% real
As much as Gainax has put their shows out on the corner this isn't actually their work. When Anno got the idea of making the Rebuild Eva movies he created the studio Khara. This is all on Anno. So basically Eva merchandise and advertizement have two sources now, double your fun.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

IIRC Gainax still owns merchandising rights, and is helping tons with the movies, even if Khara is something of a shell studio for Anno to license Eva for the remakes.

If nothing else little brother Khara is following big brother Gainax's merchandising methods.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

Fate/Zero

Madoka Magica: Unlimited Musket Works

Lupin III vs Detective Conan

Text is from the show.

Some random Lupin III gifs, I don't know specifically where they're from.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.
Fresh The Legend of Korra gifs for you!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Really liking all the Legend of Korra gifs, it might actually get me off my butt to finally watch Avatar.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

SeXReX posted:

One of my friends showed me a vhs of Adult Swim's 2004 April Fools day episode of Futurama.

What did they do with this shot?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

ConanThe3rd posted:

What did they do with this shot?

nothing, I just like the gif.

Bonus Yellow Submarine

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
^ ^ ^ ^
FYI, "Yellow Submarine" just underwent a huge restoration and will be out on Blu-Ray later this year.

Also, speaking of Blu-Ray, anyone know if or when Cowboy Bebop will be on the format? Until then...

The Movie (which is on Blu-Ray, albeit without surround audio or extras)

Anyone have a gif of the shot immediately after this last one where Vincent shoots Spike?

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Gay baby jail...? What the hell?

I really don't like the sound of that...
Fun Shoe
Azumanga Daioh

Pokemon

Legend of the Galactic Heroes

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam

Mobile Suit Victory Gundam

Well Manicured Man has a new favorite as of 01:39 on Apr 29, 2012

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
From a recent McDonald's commercial:

A DC Nations short, "Teen Titanic":

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

SeXReX posted:

One of my friends showed me a vhs of Adult Swim's 2004 April Fools day episode of

Did he have any other shows from that night on the tape? I've been looking for the mustachioed version of Ghost in the Shell that adult swim did for awhile.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Ghibli time!

Nausicaa

Castle in the Sky

Porco Rosso (not a macro… subtitles)

On Your Mark

Spirited Away

Earthsea (I think…)

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

Guyver posted:

As much as Gainax has put their shows out on the corner this isn't actually their work. When Anno got the idea of making the Rebuild Eva movies he created the studio Khara. This is all on Anno. So basically Eva merchandise and advertizement have two sources now, double your fun.

Does it have an alternate title?

Google's got nothin' on "GAINAX Is A Group of Filthy, Filthy Whores"

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Looks like an advertisement.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

:haw: Gendo gif presumably comes from this ad.

Gonna quote myself here, with all the gif makers hanging around.

a kitten posted:

Someone with some editing skills should make a small scene with Shinji shaving, and getting a cut that results in the blood-spray from when Unit-01 got spiked in the head. :allears:
Just on the off chance that someone actually wanted to do such a silly thing.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
This is a great page! Good job, guys!

a kitten posted:

Really liking all the Legend of Korra gifs, it might actually get me off my butt to finally watch Avatar.
If you like anime you should watch it because it's way better than most anime.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I'm really loving all those Gundam gifs and i never watched the series. For a Macross/Robotech lover where should i start? I heard that there are several Gundam series and i'm kinda confused with it.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Guillermus posted:

I'm really loving all those Gundam gifs and i never watched the series. For a Macross/Robotech lover where should i start? I heard that there are several Gundam series and i'm kinda confused with it.

There are easily 20 or so different Gundam series. The easiest explanation is in the Gundam megathread in ADTRW, but basically:

The original UC continuity is, IMO and in many of the older fans, the best. It goes Mobile Suit Gundam, (and sidestory series set concurrently), Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam, Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ, Char's Counterattack, and a few later series like Victory Gundam (and the new attempt at reviving this continuity, Gundam Unicorn, which is pretty spectacular). Whether you're able to watch the original series depends totally on your tolerance for 30 year old animation...either way, Zeta and later series hold up well on that front (though Gundam ZZ is regularly ridiculed for having all its characters have Space! 1980s clothing).

Other continuities are attempts at applying the same sort of premise in different worlds. G Gundam is Gundam meets Street Fighter and is the funniest/least orthodox show. Gundam X and Turn A Gundam are both post-apocalyptic Gundam. Gundam Wing is Gundam as done as a horrible trainwreck with bishounen and invincible Gundams. Gundam Seed is sort of like a reboot of the original, but it is a bit controversial. Gundam 00 is Gundam reset in the not-too-distant-future.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Robert Denby posted:

^ ^ ^ ^
FYI, "Yellow Submarine" just underwent a huge restoration and will be out on Blu-Ray later this year.

Also, speaking of Blu-Ray, anyone know if or when Cowboy Bebop will be on the format? Until then...
I heard that it is highly unlikely there will ever be a blu-ray release of Cowboy Bebop since it would require them to redo all of the CG effects.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Guillermus posted:

You should also know that the Gundam Wing gifs presented are from the special movie "Endless Waltz" which features some :krad: mech designs but is pretty much exactly what goons think of when they think of "garbage anime."

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math
"Sakamichi no Apollon: Kids on the Slope" is the kind of one in a million show that makes you feel like this:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Guillermus posted:

Most of the Gundam gifs on this page are from intros and not the actual show, which is why they're so well animated.

Various Touhou stuff that's mostly from flash videos or fan-made anime

The first two gifs are from this video, called "Make You Happy", which is credits followed by a whole bunch of the Touhou characters doing exactly that dance. Set to techno that is mostly oontz and "pa pa pa pa pa"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Msl57Xfl5u4&hd=1

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Captain Invictus posted:

This is a great page! Good job, guys!

If you like anime you should watch it because it's way better than most anime.

Counter proposal: if you don't like anime you should still watch it because it's way better than most not-anime.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann violence and fanservice is probably corrupting our youth post:

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Well Manicured Man posted:

Mobile Suit Gundam Wing
Did Gundam Wing get remastered? I don't remember that show looking that good.

Then again you probably did just pick out the best animated frames out of the whole series.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Strange Matter posted:

Did Gundam Wing get remastered? I don't remember that show looking that good.

Then again you probably did just pick out the best animated frames out of the whole series.
It did and those are from the second OP.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/FEjT1.gif

And here's why Rin is the most badass character:

Did Kiritsugu ever just go up to a Servant and punch it in the stomach? Didn't think so. :smug:

Fate/Zero

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Guyver posted:

It did and those are from the second OP.

I rag on Wing a lot, but I'll readily admit that the second OP is pretty stunning. You can say a lot of bad poo poo about Wing, but they had costume design down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRveWhnIB30

Captain Capacitor
Jan 21, 2008

The code you say?

Groovy :smuggo:
(From ReBoot To Mend and Defend)

Mandatory

Captain Capacitor has a new favorite as of 13:01 on Apr 30, 2012

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Patter Song posted:

I rag on Wing a lot, but I'll readily admit that the second OP is pretty stunning. You can say a lot of bad poo poo about Wing, but they had costume design down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRveWhnIB30

If you could just mute all the dialogue in every episode of Wing you'd have a pretty stellar show, actually, since you'd be able to just ignore the incoherent plot and unlikeable characters and focus on the eye candy and :krad: mobile suit kills. That said, the English dub is still one of my guilty pleasures.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Perfect Blue

Why yes, Aronofsky did homage that exact scene in Requiem for a Dream

Kids on the Slope

Hyouka
Eru has no concept of personal space.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

a kitten posted:

Why yes, Aronofsky did homage that exact scene in Requiem for a Dream

Holy poo poo, it's been years since I've seen either movie so I never noticed this. That's amazing.

Kino's Journey

Kino's Journey: A Country of Illness

Primoman
Jan 23, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Robert Denby posted:

On Your Mark

Never heard of this one. Is it a short film or a full feature?

Also, been wondering if/when Gurren Lagann will get the Bluray treatment. Been wanting to finish that series, but I know it would look fantastic on BD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
On Your Mark is a music video produced by Studio Ghibli.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2984220838012347438

• Locked thread