Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KoB
May 1, 2009

Robert Denby posted:

The Cat Returns (I think)

This would be from The Girl Who Leapt Through Time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?

Robert Denby posted:

The Cat Returns (I think)

No, that's "The Girl Who Leapt Through Time". It's an amazing movie, you should check it out.

Azumanga Daioh

Black Lagoon
:nws: because of Sawyer.
http://i.imgur.com/h5kRM.gif

Fate/Zero

Kill Bill

Samurai Champloo

Marin Karin has a new favorite as of 01:33 on May 22, 2012

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.
From the latest The Legend of Korra

MacBook Air Gamer has a new favorite as of 02:19 on Jun 7, 2012

Captain Capacitor
Jan 21, 2008

The code you say?
Might as well add the ones I made into the mix:

Captain Capacitor has a new favorite as of 03:32 on May 22, 2012

One of a Kind
May 18, 2009
I'd been hesitating to post these (the first gifs I have ever made, literally) so of course someone else posts some of them first :V

Mushi-Shi

I've been going through by episode. This show is gorgeous :allears:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
When you make more Korra gifs, please try to link to the ones that are especially spoilery. Just in advance, so there's no big reveals spoiled.

Those are great, I especially like the Pabu puff one. :3:

KoB
May 1, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

When you make more Korra gifs, please try to link to the ones that are especially spoilery. Just in advance, so there's no big reveals spoiled.

Those are great, I especially like the Pabu puff one. :3:

It would be pretty cool to get spoilers for at least a few days for new episodes of anything.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

I don't remember that one. I recognize where the first two are from in the narrative, but not this one. Was it a deleted scene or am I just going senile before 30? :smith:

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

Vicissitude posted:

I don't remember that one. I recognize where the first two are from in the narrative, but not this one. Was it a deleted scene or am I just going senile before 30? :smith:
Starting at about this second (Kill Bill spoilers I guess):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URNEy3zT9kk&t=281s

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

Man, I wish Mushishi was on Blu-Ray. I'd buy it in a heartbeat. :sigh:

Accel World

Cardcaptor Sakura

Clannad

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia

FLCL

Igano Kabamaru

Persona 3

Samurai Champloo

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

This had me all :aaa: in hopes that there was a Persona 3 anime before my sleep-deprived brain kicked in and remembered that these are scenes from the opening movie of the game. I want a P3 anime, dammit!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
You'll have to make do with the Persona 4 anime. Which is the best video game -> anime adaptation ever.

Primoman
Jan 23, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Captain Invictus posted:

You'll have to make do with the Persona 4 anime. Which is the best video game -> anime adaptation ever.

No reason they can't adapt P3 as a followup, is there?

Vicissitude posted:

I recall Tarintino saying that he wanted to extend the Anime sequence to show O-Ren take her revenge on the assassin in the beginning, and include it as part of some Kill Bill 2.0 release. Not sure what the last word was on that plan, but I'd love to see it.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Primoman posted:

No reason they can't adapt P3 as a followup, is there?

It'd require Minato to talk. And that, my friend, simply will not do.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

They could just use Minako as the protagonist. But my favorite thing about P3 is its melancholic atmosphere, which only Minato has... I guess a P3 anime would be hard to pull off.

Carnival Phantasm

Disgaea

Fate/Zero

The most beautiful bagworm.

I'm watching Avatar: TLA for the time and liking it (I'm only five episodes in), so here's some Legend of Korra gifs.

I'll be honest: I'm only catching up on Avatar so I can watch that red panda. :3:

Rebuild of Evangelion

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I'm awful at this and also I don't have photoshop available to me at the moment but here goes:

The best animation gag ever.

E: Is name really necessary? Slayers.

ruttivendolo
Oct 31, 2010

by elpintogrande
Panty & Stocking

Primoman
Jan 23, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

killstealing posted:

I'm awful at this and also I don't have photoshop available to me at the moment but here goes:

The best animation gag ever.

E: Is name really necessary? Slayers.

Came out just fine, in my book.

Could you make a gif from Slayers Try? It's during a scene where the group performs the necessary spells to fly in the air...

and in the back you can see Gourry, the only non-magical team member, fall haplessly to the ground

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Chrono Trigger OVA: Time & Space Adventures

Gonzalez is Gato's Japanese name. :v:

Edit: Are these showing up? Minus is being a butt

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 12:38 on May 25, 2012

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
What the gently caress?

I'm guessing it's super bad and purposely forgotten but recently dug back up? I've never heard of it before.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

What the gently caress?

I'm guessing it's super bad and purposely forgotten but recently dug back up? I've never heard of it before.

Give it an ogle on Youtube here and be amazed! It's 16 minutes, I think it was made on some anniversary or other of Chrono Trigger.

An alternate title for it would be Gato Goes Batshit And Wins The Millenium Festival.

Edit: and oh my giddy loving aunt this thread has somehow leapt off my Bookmarked list again and none of the 'Starring' bullshit from SALR is working and :argh:

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 13:02 on May 25, 2012

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

Akira

Angel Beats!

I like to think that every time I post Fate/Zero gifs I'm taunting Primoman with them. :v:

I posted these before in this thread, but I remade them since the originals weren't very good.

Madoka Magica

Rebuild of Evangelion

Primoman
Jan 23, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Marin Karin posted:

I like to think that every time I post Fate/Zero gifs I'm taunting Primoman with them. :v:

You wouldn't be wrong. I was drawn to Zero from the stellar animation and character designs alone. Sadly I just started UBW, so it's going to be a while yet before I can watch this series.

It also has me excited at the prospect of the next Madoka movie/season, if they amp up the budget to Zero's standards (assuming Zero cost more; I have no idea how the production costs of Anime works).

I'm still wondering why we haven't gotten a movie that has yet to even match Akira's level of detail. Sure, there's stuff these days that has "cleaner" visuals at higher definitions, but none of them have the fluidity from Akira's animation, especially the mouth flaps (which I recall were individually drawn to perfectly match the dialogue).

Ghibli movies are about the closest thing, but even they don't quite reach Akira's mark.

Also, last I checked, that Chrono Trigger special was a one-time broadcast to celebrate some holiday in Japan. Remember in Thanksgiving when we got the Battletoads and Bubsy the Bobcat one-offs? Same idea.

It's amazing how some of the most potentially awesome game adaptions (Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VI-VII, Xenogears) never came to fruition.

Primoman has a new favorite as of 21:16 on May 25, 2012

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Primoman posted:

Also, last I checked, that Chrono Trigger special was a one-time broadcast to celebrate some holiday in Japan. Remember in Thanksgiving when we got the Battletoads and Bubsy the Bobcat one-offs? Same idea.

It's amazing how some of the most potentially awesome game adaptions (Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VI-VII, Xenogears) never came to fruition.

Correct. Which is a shame, I would've paid to see more "AH, GONZALEZ!", my expression through watching the whole thing the first time was a mix of :stare: and :haw:.

I didn't know there was a Bubsy one-off, though! I loved that fuckin' bobcat :3: (Even though I was absolute poo poo at his games)

Primoman
Jan 23, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I didn't know there was a Bubsy one-off, though! I loved that fuckin' bobcat :3: (Even though I was absolute poo poo at his games)

With Rob Paulson as Bubsy, even.

It's about as bad as you'd expect.

Primoman has a new favorite as of 23:18 on May 25, 2012

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
What the hell?! There's a Battletoads pilot, too?!

Anyways, back to gifs…

FLCL

Panty and Stocking

Rebuild of Evangelion CG process

Cowboy Bebop :catdrugs:

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.
A few more Legend of Korra

MacBook Air Gamer has a new favorite as of 02:22 on Jun 7, 2012

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
FLCL

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

a kitten posted:

Vocaloid "live" event:

:monocle:
Which concert is this from? I'd love to see it with the music playing as well.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

It's from 3:10 in this video: I don't even actually like that particular song all that much, but it's one of the few times I've seen during the concerts that they actually cut loose with the fact that they're using a hologram/projection and don't have to be tied to reality at all.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I didn't put a lot of effort into this gif (which is from Genshiken), but I think it came out alright.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
The End of Evangelion... enjoy the nightmares!

:nws: :nms: stuff
http://i.imgur.com/r7eyh.gif
http://i.imgur.com/nISOv.gif
http://i.imgur.com/IrLFP.gif
http://i.imgur.com/0WKGc.gif

Robert Denby has a new favorite as of 20:15 on May 27, 2012

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Lupin the Third Part II

Lupaaaaaaan

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Okay, why do the people turn into orange goo?

Primoman
Jan 23, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Robert Denby posted:

The End of Evangelion... enjoy the nightmares!

I've been able to sleep soundly ever since I convinced myself that the whole movie was just an expensive and beautifully animated troll by a director pissed off by his fanbase. Like a giant middle finger encrusted with diamonds.

I feel sorry for people who continue to analyze it in a futile attempt to make sense of the whole thing.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Primoman posted:

I've been able to sleep soundly ever since I convinced myself that the whole movie was just an expensive and beautifully animated troll by a director pissed off by his fanbase. Like a giant middle finger encrusted with diamonds.

I feel sorry for people who continue to analyze it in a futile attempt to make sense of the whole thing.

I watched it with the commentary and let them make sense of it for me. they did a pretty good job.

Primoman
Jan 23, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Action-Bastard posted:

I watched it with the commentary and let them make sense of it for me. they did a pretty good job.

The English commentary with Amanda Winn (Rei), right?

It was a good commentary, but they also mentioned the "giant middle finger" theory, which is what I ultimately subscribed to.

The most telling evidence was that Anno even flashed a fan's hate mail on the screen ("Die, Anno!"). And I'm pretty sure he basically admitted to the fact later on.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Primoman posted:

The English commentary with Amanda Winn (Rei), right?

It was a good commentary, but they also mentioned the "giant middle finger" theory, which is what I ultimately subscribed to.

The most telling evidence was that Anno even flashed a fan's hate mail on the screen ("Die, Anno!"). And I'm pretty sure he basically admitted to the fact later on.

Been awhile since I watched it but yes it was that commentary. I don't recall the "giant middle finger" theory or the flashing of the letter. I do remember them breaking down all the "metaphors" and making things understandable. Like the last line of the movie.

Asuka says "disgusting" and then the screen goes black. They explain that was the best they could do for the English dub since the original Japanese roughly translated to "Feel sick". Even then they say it was still pretty ambiguous so again they try to break it down with their own theories

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

Oh, End of Eva. You will always be one of my absolute favorite anime movies.

Fate/Zero vroom vroom

Just to give context to this scene (spoilers regarding Saber and Rider's identities): That's King Arthur on a magic motorcycle being in a high speed chase with Alexander the Great. F/Z owns.

Marin Karin has a new favorite as of 22:12 on May 27, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I have always meant to watch that show, but damned if I can get past the extremely annoying lead guy.

Just, god drat he is a whiny little gently caress.

I love the idea of giant robots/alien things beating up "angels", but apparently if you ignore the whiny little dude you miss out on huge sections of plot and are left going "What the gently caress did I just watch?".

Not in a good way either.

• Locked thread