Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Wedenhart posted:

I feel wrong for .giffing this.

Time to go all Godannar fanboy on this page! The girl in the gif here is doing the phone-in-tits thing in the last episode. In the very first episode, the woman with the exploding shirt above does the same thing. It's to show that the dark-haired one has basically taken over the redhead's job by that point. So basically, vibrating phoneboobs bookends the series.

Also, it's a really good show despite (and or because of) the fanservice. It goes out of it's way to try and feature pretty much every type of relationship they could think of: husband and wife, boss and employee, dating co-workers, master and slave, sensei and student, possibly-incestuous siblings, blah blah blah. It somehow works pretty well and is a very memorable and quality entry into the giant robot genre.

edit: have some more boobs. here's the ep 1 phoneboobs

the mechanics in this show are pretty much a constant source of hilarity.

and here's a more buttcentric one for variety

Light Gun Man has a new favorite as of 22:30 on Oct 22, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Gave that program a shot...less than perfect but amusing enough.

From Urusei Yatsura - Movie 4 - Lum the Forever.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Better yet, kaiju fights, with the robots standing around throwing down giant money.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
As if an anime reference on Adventure Time would be at all unexpected?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

New Leaf posted:

It is such a weird loving show with such a bizarre premise, but I really do like it. And I'm not really an anime fan. I appreciate it, but there's only about a half dozen that I actually enjoy. (Cowboy Bebop, FMA, Gurren Lagaan, FLCL.. the standards)

Well FLCL, Gurren Lagaan, and Kill la Kill share important staff members so that is probably why you like them. You'd probably also like Panty & Stocking or Re: Cutey Honey.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
There was also a live action series in 1969 based on 009-1!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2m0k7_009-1_music

oh oh nine wan

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Did someone actually encode these? I've got a VHS somewhere with A-ko hosted by Bakshi from one of those weekends and it was like mind-shattering to 13 or whatever year old me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxIbpMl0MU0

• Locked thread