Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
From a new Mickey Mouse short "Dog show"

Mickey wants to enter Pluto into a dog show, but Pluto is injured because of Goofy and can't enter. But then Mickey realizes Goofy is a dog

"Sit"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

New Leaf posted:

Is this actually Disney? Because it looks Ren & Stimpy-esque..

Probably a lot of the people involved in the production have grown up watching Ren&Stimpy and other cartoons inspired by it. R&S happened over 20 years ago, after all.

e: Do go and watch them, if you have access. You have to find some kind of proxy if you're outside US to watch them on Youtube. It's refreshing as hell to see Mickey have some personality for the first time in a long while.

e2: In addition to having a personality, Mickey literally pours soft-serve ice cream down his shorts in Stayin' Cool

Wheany has a new favorite as of 17:06 on Oct 13, 2013

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Here's one I prepared earlier

And here is the same memeified http://i.imgur.com/sjIEamI.gif

Do you have something specific in mind?

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Wheany posted:

Do you have something specific in mind?

Actually... Instead of waiting, I just went and made these.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Ah, filing cabinets, skeletons' only weakness.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
A new Mickey Mouse short has been released: "Third Wheel"

It's not available outside USA, unfortunately. You'll have to find some way to bypass the block if you're not in the US. Here's the video anyway:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1-cL9NM6JY

I just loved the eyelash batting sequence right in the beginning. Here are individual parts:

And here is the whole thing:

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Robert Denby posted:

I'm in the US and not using a proxy and that link works fine for me.

As it should.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

PureRok posted:

What do you mean? That's a .gif. If you mean using source images, you should have used pngs since that would have made the file size a shitton smaller.

That's not necessarily true. I use Imagemagick, and the two main ways of reducing superfluous noise that I use are using an ordered dither or using a fuzz factor (and sometimes completely disabling dithering). High quality jpeg frames will not have a lot of noise going from one frame to the next (e: from jpeg artifacts, which I assume is what you meant), and the posterization that Imagemagick does as a part of using an ordered dither will drown out those. And a fuzz factor of even a couple of percent (which is usually inperceptible) will most likely make Imagemagick ignore the noise.

That gif just has a ton of motion all over the frame (the starfield and the explosions) so it's impossible to make a very small gif.

Wheany has a new favorite as of 09:27 on Mar 24, 2014

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Captain McStabbin posted:

I posted this in the other thread but didn't get a response, so I figured I'd repost it here:

That's going to be difficult to get small enough since it has full-frame motion.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Ema Nymton posted:

I think I may give it a shot when I get home from work today.

Well, I spent a fair amount of time on this and by cropping, using only every third frame and reducing the colors, these are the best I managed:

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Captain McStabbin posted:

Awesome! And yeah, sorry I forgot to mention that I'd be willing to pay for a forums upgrade for whoever pulled it off. It looks like you've already got plat Wheany so let me know what you'd like instead.

Thatnks for the offer, but I don't need anything.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Robert Denby posted:

AKIRA on Game Boy

Would full screen animation even be possible on a Gameboy?

I don't really care about anime or ping pong, but there is something about that visual style that makes me want to check it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Megaspel posted:

For anything with flat colours like anime, you want to avoid dithering. GIFs are smallest when they don't need to update every pixel, but when you add dithering, it suddenly means every pixel in the flat fills are much more likely to need updating.

That is no more true than it is when not using dithering. The whole point of ordered dithering is that it is stable and small changes in the image do not cascade to the whole image. If you use a error diffusing dither then small changes in (the top left) part of the image can cause the whole image being unnecessarily redrawn.

• Locked thread