Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

RailFan92 posted:

Has anyone tried out the new Vox AC15? It's called an AC15C1 and, from what I've read, it sounds a lot better than the previous versions and comes with a Greenback in it. No one seems to have any of these in stock around here yet so all I can go on is Youtube videos. My real desire is for an AC30 but it's far too loud to be practical in my situation.

AC15C1: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-Custom-AC15C1-15W-1x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=423619

dammit, im not supposed to want guitar stuff anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Schlieren posted:

If it turns out the speakers are old and need to be replaced in my amp, what should I get?

It's a MusicMan 212 HD 130. I play bass out of it as well as guitar; guitar for practice, gigs and recording, and the bass for recording purposes only (and it sounds fantastic in this regard by the way).

Some sort of Webers would be nice, but I'm thinking that's a little bit pricey for an amp worth about $500 or so, especially considering I just threw $300 into it for tubes, biasing, and a crapload of other work, and it's still a bit too noisy to justify a lot more.

Something from here or some place with similar pricing would be nice, but I don't know anything about something this specific...

i have the original speakers for my music man 210 65 in a box in the garage... it killed them before i met it, and ive always had the comparable fender in there and theyve done a bangup job, so do look to fenders, i reckon

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Schpyder posted:

Yeah, I keep seeing CL listings for twin reverbs in the $600-700 range and I keep having a reeeeeal hard
Only draw is how much of a beast they are

ftfy