Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SwedeRacer
Aug 2, 2004
^^ Surprising - probably a blown cap, transformer, any random small piece, etc. Take it to a tech and for 100 dollars you'll probably never have a problem again.

ruinedhero posted:

Going back to Peavey - I picked up a Peavey BAM! (:thurman: BAM!) 2x12 combo bass amp with effects modeling, and amp modeling, and it was from the early 2000's and was a total piece of loving poo poo that I traded for another lovely (not as lovely though) Kustom guitar amp. The BAM! had 1000 options and they all sucked, just give me one option that works! Horrible amp, I really am tired of Peavey' poo poo.
The Peavey classic 30/50 line is pretty much universally loved for its quality, ruggedness and affordability. You could find one on craigslist for 350-500, which is of course the way to go - only saps buy new.

For my money, however, 2x12 combos suck. They weigh way too much and are just a general pain. If you're carrying an amp that heavy anyway you'll be making 2+ trips with all your gear, so why not just go with head/cab option? It will only cost more the first time you buy that cab and find your desired speaker, but as long as you buy used you play for free (cause you can always resell for the exact same price).

edit: with this in mind please do yourself a favor and pick up a cab and a Fuchs lucky 7 (1000 new but surprisingly only half that used on eBay). Loud enough for any gig (though you'll want to mic it) and will go from clean to omfg vintage rock in the twist of a volume knob. There. I just saved you 500 dollars of your total.

SwedeRacer fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jul 7, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU