Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Was surprised to see this wasn't listed in the Review Index.

Directed by: Fred Schepisi
Starring: Will Smith, Stockard Channing, Donald Sutherland

Just watched Six Degrees of Separation for the first time a day or two ago and for some reason it won't leave my mind. Not that it's a masterpiece, but definitely an interesting movie that I was surprised to see Roger Ebert gave a thumbs down to. Story actually surprised me - I figured it was a standard 'heist' type movie and the first part was a set up for a big steal, involving the actor couple who were just pretending to have been ripped off by Will Smith. But they went a much different direction and made it more of a character drama, which I found an interesting choice, and in essence it's a biting satire on the Upper East Side riche, and succeeds in making them real and unlikeable.

Really, the centerpiece of the film is the dialogue and acting, both of which are stellar. There are moments during Smith's monologues that the script and his perfect delivery of it almost hypnotize you, in much the way the 'marks' in the film are mesmerized by what he is saying. Anyone whose mental image of Will Smith is limited to "Aw Hell Naw" would be well-advised to watch this movie.

Still, it's not particularly deep in what it has to say - one is left with the same impression one gets from Donald Sutherland's anecdotes throughout the film: lots was said, but did it mean anything? No, not really, but the acting and dialogue of the movie makes it worth seeing anyway.

4/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU