Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«3 »
achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Everyone talks about how awesome Achilles is, but did he ever made the god of war his bitch?

Sadly Diomedesforever6 just doesn't ring as well as Achillesforever6

No one knows if it is going to be live action or animated, but hearing this makes me have great memories of one the most underrated animated films from the late 90s and early 2000s The Iron Giant

http://my.spill.com/profiles/blogs/...t-disney-s-1952

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Everyone talks about how awesome Achilles is, but did he ever made the god of war his bitch?

From Rob Paulsen's podcast he talks with Mark Hamill, it's pretty awesome hearing stories with these two about life and voice acting.
http://techjives.net/2012/05/04/039...oice-over-tips/

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

miscellaneous14 posted:

Goddamn it's disorienting to hear voice actors like this talking normally and randomly using their character-voices. You try your hardest to mentally disconnect them from their roles, and they don't make it easy.
I feel bad for Hamill, his voice has been ravaged from all those years voicing the Joker.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Phil Lamarr is a really good voice actor, he may be shoehorned in voicing black characters, but he is able to add some variety to it. Also he was Samurai loving Jack.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Tony Jay
I was getting a little upset during the King's Quest VI Retsupurae where they were making it look like all the VA's sucked, that is true, but Jollo and the 10 characters Jay voiced were pretty awesome.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

You know I really wished that Tim Curry's Joker audition was taped and released.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Man why is it so hard to bring back 2D to theaters. Hell the films that supposedly "killed" 2D animation in film are actually pretty good. God I'm still mad at Dreamworks for stopping with their 2D films. I mean Prince of Egypt, El Dorado, Sinbad were great.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

In terms of the 3D and 2D argument I like both, but I wish they were evenly distributed. It just seems like everything is a CGI movie and there is one or two traditionally animated films out in a year. Maybe it's just nostalgia because I grew up in the 90s and early 2000s.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

raditts posted:

This is a terrible analogy, 2D and 3D are completely different media that allow different types of freedom in animation. The advent of color wasn't significant enough to consider B&W movies a separate movie from color movies, and I don't think the promotion of 3D films over 2D has anything at all to do with viewer demand (if anything, it's probably a convenient excuse to make 3D versions of those films)
I think it 2D and 3D can kind of be compared to is painting and photography to different ways of showing the same subjects.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Man I was on Youtube and saw this for the first time in a long time
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oX-Kcx2BAc
Forgot how great the animation was in that movie

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Dreamworks 2D animation in general is underappreciated I loving love Road to El Dorado and Sinbad Legend of the Seven Seas; Hell I saw Sinbad in theaters and was like the only family there. The early 2000s had some great 2D animated films that just couldn't make it in the box office.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

NINbuntu 64 posted:

It's worth checking out, even if the 3D stuff is really dated. It's a pretty great adventure flick though.
Yeah unfortunately they couldn't make Sinbad Arabian because well... it was 2003-2004 if I recall. Would you say they utilized 3D better than say Treasure Planet or Atlantis (Two other 2D films from the early 2000s that got the shaft)

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Treasure Plant is awesome screw you guys

John Silver is a Glen Keane character and he's awesome
Yeah the whole movie is centered around Hawkins and Silver's relationship and I found it just great.

You know an animated film I want see made? An adaptation of the Trojan War done in either the dreamworks style or a style based on Ancient Greek vase art. Oh or Bruce Timm style.

I think the one thing I loved about Atlantis were the characters, especially the demo guy, he was loving awesome.

E: Also did you guys know that Dreamworks try to capture the magic of Prince of Egypt by making a Joseph and the Many colored Coat movie?

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at May 25, 2012 around 23:36

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Heard about this a while ago, but finally got around seeing Destino and all I got to say is wow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dIznsAdTOE

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfub07Q2VuU
Man I forgot again how great the Eris animation was in this movie
Plus she had a great lief motif behind her
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njxwGs5scLY
Edit: I always thought this was the most underrated song in Hunchback of Notre Dame.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEOFQAJAcss

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at May 27, 2012 around 03:11

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

dog days are over posted:

Also the Disney movies I remember most fondly are the ones I used to play pretend with my cousins (You be Belle and I'll be the Beast!) and I can't think of a single character any kid would want to pretend to be. You be Mole and I'll be Sweet? Heh.

All that said though I can't deny that I laugh every time at that 'Hey look I made a bridge! Took me, what, ten seconds? Eleven, tops' part.
Vinny was the man he was such a fun character.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

Prepare for disappointment. He's voice by John. C. Reily.
Not really disappointed because Reily has shown himself to be a great actor.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

Oh man that Bad-Guys Anon meeting was probably the best thing ever. I love Zombie.

Was surprised I didn't see Ganondorf in there.
I'm still hoping for Ridley to show up though.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

This was from over 2 months ago, but by god is it awesome
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBzRmWeC6Ds
Just all that voice talent, Jesus!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

Wow some of those characters are really obscure:

The Purple Rhino is from Altered Beast:

Thank god for Retsupurae or I wouldn't have caught that.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

raditts posted:

Nah, I'm sure that's not an uncommon opinion at all. It had a very "toy-selling vehicle" feel to me.
Did Pixar need to make a lot of money to make other projects?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Pixeltendo posted:

I wouldn't really consider this a movie beyond our imagination when it looks a whole awful lot like Ferngully.
Well if they get Tim Curry as a villain I can get behind it.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

I still want my Samurai Jack movie damnit! But not live action or CGI animation

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

IShallRiseAgain posted:

A faithful live action adaptation of Samurai Jack with a proper budget could be an amazing thing.
I don't know the style of animation for it was so great and I love Phil Lamar

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiSPvsTP02A
God all that voicing talent

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Jack Gladney posted:

Ed Asner with a switchblade is the greatest thing. Frank Welker also looks exactly like I always imagined him.

Also shocked that some voice actors are young and attractive enough to be regular actors.
I wonder if they got Troy Baker, Jason Mardsen, or one my personal favorites Will Friedle

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Al-Saqr posted:

I usually sneer at a lot of superhero cartoon movies. but GOD drat does the the new animated adaptation of Batman: The Dark Night Returns looks legitimately awesome.
I'm a little sad that Ironside didn't reprise his role as DKR Batman, but the guy they got sounds perfect for the role (He's the guy who played Robocop right?)

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Toriori posted:

Watching Iron Giant tonight with my fiance who has never seen it before with the Bose on. This movie chokes me up so much. It didn't get nearly enough recognition. It's interesting to watch now after seeing "The Incredibles" several times, the facial expressions and body language are very similar.
Probably because both were directed by Brad Bird.

quote:

Kung Fu Panda 3--March 18, 2016--The third installment of DreamWorks' wildly successful 'Kung Fu Panda'franchise. Guillermo del Toro is set to produce.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

SatansBestBuddy posted:

With what? Not to sound like a pessimist or something, but if they don't have any 2D films in production how are they keeping it alive at all?
Yeah

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

You know an underrated Disney 2D animated film, Recess the Movie; though I don't think that counts to Disney's animated features. Still a fun kids movie with James Woods playing a great villain. Man Recess was awesome, I'm sad that and Filmore didn't get as big as other cartoons at the time.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Cardboard Box A posted:

Back in Action was alright so I don't see the problem here.
I like the scene where Shaggy was chewing out Matthew Lillard in the background.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

404GoonNotFound posted:

And the only villain who benefited from it was Scarecrow. God, the new Riddler look was just... ugh.
Joooooooelllll!!!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

FoneBone posted:

Really wish Sanders' art style was more reflected in the actual film's character designs.

If I recall, it was originally going to be co-produced with Aardman... yeah, it's taken a while.
This was always meant to be in 3D right? Because this design would look pretty cool in 2D animation.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Best comment from that video

quote:

This movie will not be what its Cracked up to be
TheLionswords 11 hours ago 101 Likes
God there is some legit VA talent there... and Rob Schneider

And I don't know how you could say this was trying to be Rocket Power except for kids use skateboards a lot, plus Rocket Power was loving awesome.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Maybe they will proclaim CGI Animation is dead and go back to 2D Animation? God I'm bitter about that.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

axleblaze posted:

Computer animation is awesome.
I wish we could have all mediums of animation in the Cinema, but alas Has Disney given up again on 2D animation btw?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Man I'm such a wimp I nearly teared up at the end of The Polar Express.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

raditts posted:

Because the story was touching, or because you were horrified at the dead-eyed uncanny valley children?
The former, I really didn't get that uncanny valley feeling as most people did. I got an Uncanny-Holy poo poo Tom Hanks is everyone in this movie feeling though, but that isn't bad since Tom Hanks is great

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Pick posted:

I wouldn't mind a whit if they made the characters in Frozen any color in the world, but to start whining because she's white is just stupid.

And honestly, Disney moved a lot of their stars to 3D projects because their last effort at being inclusive, Princess and the Frog, wildly under-performed. It was only the fifth most high-grossing animated film of 2009. Like, it made $100 million less than Shark Tale. It was better to move their storyboarders, etc., elsewhere.
Wasn't that because Disney decided to release against really heavy competition?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Revener posted:

I blame Titan A.E. for its box-office bomb status.
Didn't it also gently caress over Atlantis?

«3 »