Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Col. Mustard
Nov 26, 2000

Initech Administrator
SCE 2010 just doesn't meet my needs. I tired it because Office 2007 is a PITA to rollout with GPO. Thanks for that change MS.

SCE is just too limited, and doesn't tie in with existing AD structure. I'm going to give the trial version of SCCM a try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Col. Mustard
Nov 26, 2000

Initech Administrator

Noel posted:

For Office 2007, why not install it using a startup script?

I have 6 different msp install options for the various depts. Startup scripts won't allow me to uninstall when a user changes depts or job functions.

GPO installs were so loving elegant. User changes OU, uninstall - install done.

Besides, it gives me an excuse to learn SCCM, since this loving company hasn't payed for even 1 loving training course in 4+years. I'm falling behind.

Col. Mustard fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Feb 5, 2011

Col. Mustard
Nov 26, 2000

Initech Administrator

The Onion posted:

So I'm currently playing with MDT 2010 and WDS in an attempt to find a better deployment solution for our network. We currently use altirs, but we do not have control over the servers, and the people who run it are on a old version that does not fully support windows 7 yet. We have machines in the ceiling that we need to get imaged, Is it possible to make a fully unattended (ZTI) install with just MDT 2010 and WDS? It seems like the only hurdle is forcing the machines to automatically boot from PXE, without touching them. Everything else unattended seems to be completely doable at this point. Thoughts?

I've been using BDD and MDT for a while, and have never gotten a fully ZTI; minimal but not zero. I think you need MDT plus pieces from SCCM to get a truly ZTI.

Col. Mustard
Nov 26, 2000

Initech Administrator

Thanks for this.