Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Ziir posted:

4. If I get the Kindle 3G, can I browse the regular internet with it in foreign countries (with GSM) like this blog post suggests, for free?

I'm in Chile and I can browse the regular internet without any problem using the US Kindle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Maybe it's because I'm used to browsing the Internet on my crappy phone with Opera Mini with a 25MB/$6 rate but I don't mind using the browser on the Kindle, especially considering that it's "free".

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Ziir posted:

How do the following websites work on the browser? Google Reader, Facebook, Twitter, hell SA even.

If you use their mobile interfaces all of them work just fine.
You can also sync Google Reader's unread items through Calibre.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

butt baby posted:

Is it possible to edit the margins of an ebook on a kindle if its kind of messed up? I downloaded one of the free books and theres this large empty space on the left thats really bothering me.

I have only tried this from EPUB to MOBI but from MOBI to MOBI should work too. Start converting the book, go to 'MOBI output' and click 'Ignore margins'.

• Locked thread