Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Clara
Feb 7, 2004

Chaglby posted:

Anyway, my question is, does Amazon ship NEW kindles as replacements, or refurbs? I don't like the idea of getting a refurb for something I just bought.

If it's still within your return period you get a new one, otherwise refurb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clara
Feb 7, 2004

Any of the top-rated sleeves will work fine. I have the BUILT one and I love it.

Clara
Feb 7, 2004

Undeclared Eggplant posted:

I like everything about the BUILT ones except the horrible color choices. Guess I'll just go with black.

Haha, yeah, they're kind of out there. I thought the green looked like a nice apple colour and ordered that but it turned out to be this eye-searing neon monstrosity. I returned it and got the black and have had no complaints since.

Clara
Feb 7, 2004

Etrips posted:

So how do you turn the page on the touch with no physical buttons? Touching a certain part of the screen? What about going back a page?

Straight from Amazon:

quote:

New Touch Experience - EasyReach
Amazon invented a new type of touch experience that eliminates the fatigue caused by continuously swiping to turn the page, and that allows readers to hold Kindle with either hand while still turning pages comfortably. With EasyReach, Kindle Touch users can effortlessly page forward in a book or a periodical while holding the device with either hand. Tapping on most of the screen area will page forward, the most common action done when reading; tapping in a narrow area near the left edge of the device turns to the previous page; and tapping on the top part of the screen brings up the toolbars for further options. This is another way that Kindle helps readers get lost in the author's world.

I'm interesting in hearing how well it works when people get to try it.

• Locked thread