Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Muddy Terrain
Dec 23, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
My mom just bought me a kindle as a birthday present, because I travel and move around a lot. So far it's great and stuff, but there's one little issue.
Whenever I take it off the charger, this warning/alert box pops up saying that my battery life is low and that I should hook it up to the charger, etc.
This seems pretty strange considering I just got it and left it on the charger for like 24 hours, etc. and now apparently the thing says it's about to die any moment.
But the battery life seems to be totally fine and no problems at all.

Is this some sort of bug or is it indicative of some larger problem I don't know about?

Overall, though, the thing is pretty sweet. I can upload all my .pdf files on it and is basically a portable pdf reader. It's pretty much the poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muddy Terrain
Dec 23, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post

OneArmedScissor posted:

My mom just bought me a kindle as a birthday present, because I travel and move around a lot. So far it's great and stuff, but there's one little issue.
Whenever I take it off the charger, this warning/alert box pops up saying that my battery life is low and that I should hook it up to the charger, etc.
This seems pretty strange considering I just got it and left it on the charger for like 24 hours, etc. and now apparently the thing says it's about to die any moment.
But the battery life seems to be totally fine and no problems at all.

Is this some sort of bug or is it indicative of some larger problem I don't know about?

Overall, though, the thing is pretty sweet. I can upload all my .pdf files on it and is basically a portable pdf reader. It's pretty much the poo poo.

An update.
There is nothing wrong with the actual Kindle.
The problem was a faulty charger thing that you attached to the cable and then to the socket in the wall. All is well and I'm loving my new Kindle :D

Muddy Terrain
Dec 23, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Syrinxx posted:

Amazon will literally overnight you a new Kindle and pay for you to return yours. It's true that they have the best customer service of any retailer, period.

This is 100% true. I called them up about the adapter/charger thing and they said would just send me an entirely new Kindle and I could take whatever parts I wanted from the new one. Then all I needed to do was just repackage the leftover stuff and send it back, no problems.

Muddy Terrain
Dec 23, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post

blue squares posted:

Amazon sent me a new Kindle and said absolutely nothing about sending the broken one back. Not sure why but now I have two, one good one and one half broken one.

Well... I think it's sort of implied. They told me if I didn't send the "broken" one back, I would be charged. They never gave me a time frame or anything, just as soon as possible.

Muddy Terrain
Dec 23, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post

blue squares posted:

They didn't tell me that.

Ok cool. Go ahead and keep it. Nothing will happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muddy Terrain
Dec 23, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Ok here's the deal. I bought my Kindle in America, but I now live in Germany.
My Kindle is pretty much hosed up right now. It freezes and won't do anything after 3 minutes or so on, then I have to restart everything, wait a while, turn it back on, and the same thing happens where it freezes again. Tried updating the software, factory restart, etc. and nothing works. So I'm gonna send it back and get a new one. Problem is, will they ship me another one to Germany? Really, really pissed off right now about the whole thing.

• Locked thread