Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.
I suspect the answer to this is "you can't do that," but in case I'm missing something, is there any way to reorganize "Collections" on the Kindle so that the books are listed in a specific order you want, rather than just by the three options that seem to be available (most recent, title, and author). Point being, if I want a collection that contains a particular series to be listed in the order the series should be read, can I make that happen (without renaming the books so they have numerical prefixes). I realize there's a work around where you could just call each book, in order, "1 [title of book]" "2 [title of book]" etc., but is there a better way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006

Fire In The Disco posted:

I don't know; I do what your last sentence states and put the numbers of the books in the series in front of the title (with 0's if there are more than 9 books in the series).

Can you rename a book once it's on your Kindle? I see you can rename a collection, but I can't figure out how to rename a book once it's on the thing.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006

Fire In The Disco posted:

That, or since I use Calibre, I do it from there.

Is there something specific you have to do in Calibre to rename a file that is already on your Kindle? Does changing the name in your Calibre library cause that change to be made in the file on the Kindle? It doesn't seem so. Do you have to change the name on the Kindle (using Calibre) and then make the same change to your Calibre library (that is, by hand, rather than there being some automatic way to conform the changes)?

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Is it possible to create internal links in a document (maybe in Word?) that I then e-mail to my Kindle for conversion. In the way that some books I have on my kindle have a chapter list at the beginning, and each chapter title is a link that takes you to that part of the book -- basically, I want to do the same thing in my own document that I convert to load on my Kindle. Can you do this in Word? Can you do it in Calibre?

• Locked thread