Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Chairchucker posted:

Yeah, I've got that one sitting on my desk at work. Four stickers: two hydra symbols and the number 65 twice.

I'd love to have those minifigs, and the tank looks great, but gently caress stickers. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Just don't use them, the only place that would look a little blank is the front of the turret.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Red posted:

I'd love to have those minifigs, and the tank looks great, but gently caress stickers. :smith:

Really, I've come across very very few sets with zero stickers. I hate them as well but don't let it dissuade me from sets - especially if there's only 4 or so.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Really, I've come across very very few sets with zero stickers. I hate them as well but don't let it dissuade me from sets - especially if there's only 4 or so.

I know, but I figure I'm voting against stickers with my (lack of) spending.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Red posted:

Modulars typically don't have any. (With the cinema as an exception.)

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

AllisonByProxy posted:

Threw this little guy together today:

That is great, everything in mini form just looks so much better too.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Speaking of stickers... how do you go about making your own? I actually would like some for this build I've been working on to better capture some of the logos & whatnot, though non-permanence would be a plus.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Apparently this was announced back in February but I only heard about it a few days ago, to advertise celebrate the release of the Simpsons minifigs the May 4th episode is all about Lego.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/04/16/simpsons-lego-episode-photo/

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

mynnna posted:

Speaking of stickers... how do you go about making your own? I actually would like some for this build I've been working on to better capture some of the logos & whatnot, though non-permanence would be a plus.

I've got access to a vinyl print and cut machine and have been thinking about this for a while. If you threw a few bucks my way (and the files you want of course) I could probably make it happen. Email me -- it's in my profile.

edit: One thing you should know is that perfect color matching will be very difficult.

edit2: Just in case I need to prove my legitimacy here are some cool beer labels I designed and printed for my dad's lil homebrewery: (my hosting)

Fayez Butts fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Apr 19, 2014

justincredible
Mar 26, 2014

just too incredible

Knormal posted:

Apparently this was announced back in February but I only heard about it a few days ago, to advertise celebrate the release of the Simpsons minifigs the May 4th episode is all about Lego.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/04/16/simpsons-lego-episode-photo/

this makes me very happy / exited...

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Red posted:

A $20 protest just isn't worth depriving yourself of the set if you want it. I guarantee you nobody at Lego will run into a boardroom screaming about sales figures dropping. Stickers are here to stay.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

The Rage posted:

Stickers are here to stay.

So you might say we are stuck with them, and they will stick around for a while

Pirate Ken
Jul 1, 2006
I am super awesome.

Joramun posted:

So you might say we are stuck with them, and they will stick around for a while

Yes, and it will be difficult to remove them from future sets

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Finally saw the film tonight, it was awesome. Still digesting how great it was.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Went to my local Target to grab something unrelated and ended up finding The Simpsons minifigs out on display.

Walked out 32 dollars poorer as well.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Handsome Ralph posted:

Went to my local Target to grab something unrelated and ended up finding The Simpsons minifigs out on display.

Walked out 32 dollars poorer as well.

I grabbed one, too - but just one. $3.99 seems steep for a little block toy.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Red posted:

I grabbed one, too - but just one. $3.99 seems steep for a little block toy.

Yeah, the price difference is definitely noticeable but I'm a huge Simpsons fan so I'm ok with it.

Ended up with 3 duplicates. Mr. Burns, Flanders and Bart. If anyone ends up wanting to trade I'm down.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Apr 19, 2014

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Found the Lone Ranger mine set or whatever today at Ross for $30. Went across the street to Toys R Us and saw the same set clogging their shelf at $100.

parque bynch
Mar 12, 2004

R.I.P. Side-Scrolling Link: we hardly knew ye...

Handsome Ralph posted:

Yeah, the price difference is definitely noticeable but I'm a huge Simpsons fan so I'm ok with it.

Ended up with 3 duplicates. Mr. Burns, Flanders and Bart. If anyone ends up wanting to trade I'm down.

I've got an extra Milhouse if you want to trade for the Mr Burns.

My TRU had one box but it was down to 7 bags. I didn't notice the non bending legs and thought Milhouse was Grandpa.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

parque bynch posted:

My TRU had one box but it was down to 7 bags. I didn't notice the non bending legs and thought Milhouse was Grandpa.

Yeah I'd be down for that.

Shoot me a PM and we'll figure something out.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

parque bynch posted:

You don't have an extra Milhouse. That's Shelbyville Milhouse.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

poo poo, are they really charging $4 apiece for them? I'm not a fan of the price when I bought boxes at $3 apiece, but the idea of spending $240 on a box is well beyond my tolerance. Especially since unlike all the other fig series, you can't really army-build-or-background-character Mr. Burns and Homer.

I'd much rather spend $250 on the Seacow than on minifigs.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
Just checked my local Walmart and they had a nearly fresh box of the Simpsons figures and they cost $2.97 each.I bought 9 and only got 1 double, a Krusty.

They also had a new-ish box of Movie figs and I was able to score this:

Still missing Velma though...

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

I'm currently modding my palace cinema; closing the roof on all sides, fixing the central column with the gong so it's continuous from the second floor up and building tiered seating inside to make the screen more grand.

Most of it so far has been little changes, like swapping out the black door on the roof with a trans-black smooth one so it looks more suitable and adding cheese slopes to the underside of the roof arch to continue the shaping a bit better.

What I'm wondering is whether there's an archive of LDD files for existing sets, so I can basically try out some ideas in that program without having to build the Palace in it myself.

Does anyone know of anything like this?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

PriorMarcus posted:

I'm currently modding my palace cinema; closing the roof on all sides, fixing the central column with the gong so it's continuous from the second floor up and building tiered seating inside to make the screen more grand.

Most of it so far has been little changes, like swapping out the black door on the roof with a trans-black smooth one so it looks more suitable and adding cheese slopes to the underside of the roof arch to continue the shaping a bit better.

What I'm wondering is whether there's an archive of LDD files for existing sets, so I can basically try out some ideas in that program without having to build the Palace in it myself.

Post your results, I've been wanting to mod the roof on mine too.

At a loss for how to improve the Parisian Restaurant, it's kind of perfect. Maybe some more stuff in the back alley.

parque bynch
Mar 12, 2004

R.I.P. Side-Scrolling Link: we hardly knew ye...

Slugworth posted:

You don't have an extra Milhouse. That's Shelbyville Milhouse.

Handsome Ralph posted:

Yeah I'd be down for that.

Shoot me a PM and we'll figure something out.

I don't have pm, but you can reach me at gutsman at gmail dot com.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Lizard Combatant posted:

Post your results, I've been wanting to mod the roof on mine too.

At a loss for how to improve the Parisian Restaurant, it's kind of perfect. Maybe some more stuff in the back alley.

I was going to mod it to include a modular recycling area with space for a recycling truck to pull in.

I'm also going to mull over modding the Town Hall to include a library/archive space instead of the auditorium and other rooms upstairs in place of the balconies. Maybe a stair case too because just having the elevator feels silly. Any ideas for extra spaces?

I'm in the process of trying to add furniture and interior details to the Pet Shop/Town House so they actually look lived in as well.

PriorMarcus fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Apr 20, 2014

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

PriorMarcus posted:

I was going to mod it to include a modular recycling area with space for a recycling truck to pull in.

Good idea. I've got an 8x32 plate in going to turn into a modular scale alley way

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

It seems like Kree-O is jumping on the minifig bandwagon too. Was in WalGreens and they had at least 4 different series of mini-fig bags just like Lego. Halo, Transformers, CityVille Invasion, and GI Joe. I picked up a few of the Transformers because they were on sale for $1.99. The build quality definitely isn't Lego, but they arms and legs articulate more than the Lego figs do which is kinda neat. The Transformers ones you can either build as a figure or a vehicle too. Not sure I want to collect these like I do the Lego, but they are pretty cool.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

PriorMarcus posted:

The gigantic list starts a few posts down.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=41226

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

mattfl posted:

It seems like Kree-O is jumping on the minifig bandwagon too. Was in WalGreens and they had at least 4 different series of mini-fig bags just like Lego. Halo, Transformers, CityVille Invasion, and GI Joe. I picked up a few of the Transformers because they were on sale for $1.99. The build quality definitely isn't Lego, but they arms and legs articulate more than the Lego figs do which is kinda neat. The Transformers ones you can either build as a figure or a vehicle too. Not sure I want to collect these like I do the Lego, but they are pretty cool.

They've had them for a while. Apparently they have a DnD line as well. I'm just not down with their terrible design (which is part of the reason I'm on the fence about the Simpsons ones from LEGO.)

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching

PriorMarcus posted:

I'm also going to mull over modding the Town Hall to include a library/archive space instead of the auditorium and other rooms upstairs in place of the balconies. Maybe a stair case too because just having the elevator feels silly. Any ideas for extra spaces?

I'm in the process of trying to add furniture and interior details to the Pet Shop/Town House so they actually look lived in as well.

For the town hall, I say leave the elevator for access to the second floor. Put two police minifig in front of it and call the lack of stairs to the second floor for security. Both the second and third floors have a open air area, half of that can be used for a staircase to the third floor. On the second floor you can place a storage closet/washroom and keep the mayors office and table. Third floor can be turned into your idea of a library with bookcases and then put some tables/chairs for readers. You could even remove the elevator from the third floor as well.

Google modular lego furniture and you should find some good inspiration for what to build. I even seen a few good ideas on lego cuuso that reverse engineering would not be that difficult.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT
Salt Lake City had another 'Comic Con' they called Fan-X, and I got to show my stuff again. I had more space this time so I decided to make a dammed river and a few houses, with my wife making the pink one along with a sheriff's office. I also handed out what felt like a thousand postcards for Brickslopes.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Merchant of Death posted:

Google modular lego furniture and you should find some good inspiration for what to build. I even seen a few good ideas on lego cuuso that reverse engineering would not be that difficult.

The main thing holding me back from this is lack of parts. I need to start buying some cheaper sets strictly as part packs.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Not the most original build but now that I have a billion of those new style brackets from the super cheap 75103 I figured I'd play around a bit with SNOT, something I'd never really tried before.

Unfortunately I ran out of the blue pieces I wanted to make the fuselage the shape I wanted, so I just mashed it together with what I have on hand. I'll probably be putting in another bricklink order this week to remedy that issue. :angel:

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Simpsons figs at my ghetto Target, meaning they are probably everywhere now. I got Wiggum, Flanders, Nelson, and Maggie. Pretty happy with that and that I didn't get dupes. Guess I'll have to just randomly pick some up until I get homer.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
Went back for more Simpsons figs, managed to get all I was missing except for Milhouse. If anyone gets an extra of him and wants to sell it or trade it for a Krusty let me know.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
So I've had my fair share of successful Bricklink orders, some with great customer servic ("Missing piece? On its way!), some not so great ("How dare you say a piece is missing!"), and throughout all of this, I have never received an order without a tracking number. Either USPS sucks (right. . .) or the loving spergy shop owners just see untracked orders as a pure profit. Of course they sent your $50 worth of Lego, its clearly lost in the mail. . .

My latest ordered was placed about two months ago with tracking, took a week to invoice everything, I paid immediately, and another week later my order was marked shipped on bricklink. But I had no tracking number and no further contact from the store. :suicide: Fast forward to today, long after I had given up all hope on that order, paypal e-mailed me a tracking number.

I love bricklink but sometimes on rare occasions the sellers really can be assholes.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT
I did 8 orders recently that I'm really glad all showed up quickly :ohdear: But yeah, it really sucks when one unreliable seller can sour your future experiences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Brick Link is kind of a loving mess and it astounds me no one has built a better site. I know they are meant to be overhauling it but it's taking too long for my liking.