Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

The_Doctor posted:

I haven't seen a year go by without seeing at least one advent calendar torn open to get the little bags inside.

My local Wal-Mart gets absolutely littered with minifigure bags and usually has at least a couple boxes torn open. I've seen a few torn up minifig bags at Target too, but they just put up a display for the newest line of minifigs...

...and filled it with The Simpsons ones :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

My dad told me of a store not too far away which often has a bunch of boxed old Lego sets, but several years ago I had to choose between the OG blacktron base and this 1986 Arctic model in a similar store and I picked the Technics one, because Technics are loving cool. However, after a few years the large minifigs got really brittle and their feet started cracking and falling off. The main pump is also squeaky as hell and doesn't work very well compared to newer pneumatic pumps.

The only problematic things I can think of are electric parts, cracked minifig bodies, rubber bands (which can be replaced) and 2006 lime coloured bricks. Are there anything else you should watch out for when buying these old models? I'm talking really old, like 80-90's sets.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

I have bought older technic sets where all the bushes are really brittle and falling apart, along with the axle joiner pieces, and I think some of my own I bought when they were new 20+ years ago also have had that problem. Luckily they are cheap to replace if you don't care about making sure the new parts use the same mold.

Electrophotonic
Mar 14, 2010

They're gonna stop
Saturday night
So you better have fun now
I PREDICT

With Bricktober not really being a thing here in Sweden (having absolutely zero official Lego Stores) I was surprised to see three of the four mini modulars (sans the Pizza Palace) at a local TRU. On the shelf. Strangely enough, the pizzeria was only missing because it was set to come out in early November. While checking this, the cashier noticed they weren't actually allowed to sell them yet. She let it go through anyway.

I'm contemplating whether I should be a reselling bastard, or spend even more money and get the old and now overpriced mini modulars to complete the set. I'm leaning toward the latter because this is obviously a once in a lifetime opportunity and I'd be a fool not to pursue it. :v:

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

KRILLIN IN THE NAME posted:

I wish this was in Brisbane, and not down south
gently caress yo double-decker couch, nigga.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Knormal posted:

gently caress yo double-decker couch, nigga.

Can we empty quote in this thread?

Because :master:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
So this list of Avengers: Age of Ultron sets has turned up. Take with a pinch of salt.

Avengers Age of Ultron Iron Man 76029 – 14.99 EUR
Avengers Age of Ultron Off Road 4×4 with Thor 76030 – 19.99 EUR
Avengers Age of Ultron Hulk with Scarlet Witch 76031 – 34.99 EUR
Avengers Age of Ultron Space Ship with Captain America 76032 – 79.99 EUR
Avengers Age of Ultron Avengers Tower 76038 – 69.99 EUR
Avengers Age of Ultron Avengers Fortress 76041 – 59.99 EUR
Avengers Age of Ultron UCS LEGO Shield Helicarrier $300.00 + Range

If that last one is real, hoo boy.

KingFisher
Oct 30, 2006
WORST EDITOR in the history of my expansion school's student paper. Then I married a BEER HEIRESS and now I shitpost SA by white-knighting the status quo to defend my unearned life of privilege.
Fun Shoe
Do any of you lego nerds design MOCs for $$$?

Cosmos
Jan 8, 2006

All that is or was or ever will be
Here's my first MOC in 10+ years since I just got back into Lego. Nothing special but I had a ton of fun building it.

Sorry for the picture quality, had to use my phone.

It uses the new sets I got plus some older stuff I have left over from the '90s.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That's a lot better than the first thing I built when I got back into lego. :v:

~2007.

Cosmos
Jan 8, 2006

All that is or was or ever will be

xzzy posted:

That's a lot better than the first thing I built when I got back into lego. :v:

Looks pretty awesome to me :)

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

This is pretty cool:

https://imgur.com/a/khn83

Guy posts a build log of a prop they destroyed on Brooklyn Nine-Nine. I don't watch the show but I might have to dig up whatever episode that was. :v:

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Cool. There are links to the full episode in the imgur comments.

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
Is bricklink mainly for individual pieces or can I pick up a bunch of used duplo on the cheap? The website is a little clunky.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Buying individual pieces sucks because shipping will eat you alive, it works best for filling out a shopping list of parts. It's not great for price though. If you want bulk Duplo for cheap and aren't particular about what parts you get you should hit up Craigslist and yard sales.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
The X-Men Sentinel set got here a day sooner than expected but I only got as far as the Sentinel itself so far. Pretty weak. I also don't like the way Lego does Wolverine's claws. Hate to say it, but Megablocks did it better.

xzzy posted:

This is pretty cool:

https://imgur.com/a/khn83

Guy posts a build log of a prop they destroyed on Brooklyn Nine-Nine. I don't watch the show but I might have to dig up whatever episode that was. :v:

Just saw that; Terry Crews smashes the hell out of it.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I think originally they were werewolf claws?

I personally disliked the Sentinel but I like the X-Jet a lot.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

So I'm about to move into a much smaller place so I decided to get rid of some of my large real estate LEGO to finance the move.

Is anyone interested in any of this before I eBay?

10189 - Taj Mahal (built)
10177 - Boeing 787 (built)
4184 - Black Pearl (NIB)
7327 - Scorpion Pyramid (NIB)
8053 - Mobile Crane (NIB)
8109 - Flatbed Truck (NIB)
Collectible Minifigures 1-7 (sans a soccer player for some reason)

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Do you want to keep the mini figures together?

Because I would be curious to know how much you want for the nurse from series 1 if you're parting it all out.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

xzzy posted:

Do you want to keep the mini figures together?

I think it is easier to sell as a set unfortunately. I don't have time to part out stuff. I do have other rando figs/blind bags of S3 if you are looking for others though.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Saint Sputnik posted:

The X-Men Sentinel set got here a day sooner than expected but I only got as far as the Sentinel itself so far. Pretty weak. I also don't like the way Lego does Wolverine's claws. Hate to say it, but Megablocks did it better.

Lego Wolverine: deadly weeding forks
Megabloks Wolverine: deadly salad grabbers

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

djfooboo posted:

I think it is easier to sell as a set unfortunately. I don't have time to part out stuff. I do have other rando figs/blind bags of S3 if you are looking for others though.

Any chance if one of the random figs or bags is the Gorilla Man or the mummy?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

djfooboo posted:

So I'm about to move into a much smaller place so I decided to get rid of some of my large real estate LEGO to finance the move.

4184 - Black Pearl (NIB)

What country are you in?

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

djfooboo posted:

4184 - Black Pearl (NIB)

If you're in Canada, how much for the Black Pearl?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

djfooboo posted:

4184 - Black Pearl (NIB)

How much for all of the mini figures?

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

DrChud posted:

Any chance if one of the random figs or bags is the Gorilla Man or the mummy?

Why yes!

PriorMarcus posted:

What country are you in?

United States

obi_ant posted:

How much for all of the mini figures?

All complete sets (minus soccer guy): $620 is what it adds up to on eBay recent sales, I would sell for a $500 even
ALL ALL including extra minifigs and 16 S3 blind bags: $600 To be honest you can recoup a lot of money this way selling individuals if you have the time/patience.

Crazy Pigeon
Nov 2, 2010
How much for the Taj Mahal and the Boeing together/separately? I've been looking at those sets for a long time but eBay gets a little too crazy.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Crazy Pigeon posted:

How much for the Taj Mahal and the Boeing together/separately? I've been looking at those sets for a long time but eBay gets a little too crazy.

Taj Mahal - $850 shipped in flatrate box
Boeing - $130 shipped in flatrate box
Both - $945 shipped in hopefully flatrate box.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Would you do 13 shipped for Gorilla man,Frankenstein, and Wolfman?

Crazy Pigeon
Nov 2, 2010

djfooboo posted:

Taj Mahal - $850 shipped in flatrate box
Boeing - $130 shipped in flatrate box
Both - $945 shipped in hopefully flatrate box.

Shoot I might want the Boeing. But let me think about it for the day. I'll get back to you before around this time Thursday if you wanna wait on throwing it on eBay. Feel free to let other goons take it if they are willing to pay immediately though. Guessing you have all pieces/instructions? Don't care too much for the box.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

DrChud posted:

Would you do 13 shipped for Gorilla man,Frankenstein, and Michael Jackson's Thriller?

Sure remit payment to mySAusername@gmail.com

Crazy Pigeon posted:

Guessing you have all pieces/instructions? Don't care too much for the box.

No box
Complete Instructions
Sticker Sheet Unpeeled

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

[quote="" post="436663427"]
Sure remit payment to mySAusername@gmail.com

[/quote]

Done, now I have to watch the Thriller video, it's stuck in my head.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

I was searching ebay for minifigure prices, and holy poo poo there are tons of knockoffs. I mean, look at this poo poo.

Anyways, I bought a 4th Exo Suit at the Lego Store the other day, and assembled it today. Even though it's definitely a second wave set, the robot arms-with-clip pieces are still loose. Seems like they're still using the old molds.

Bachtere
Sep 25, 2005

09/13/07

Never Forget

Pillbug
Will you do $28.00 shipped for the following minifgures?

Frankenstein
Roman Centurion
Roman Gladiator
Female Viking
Statue of Liberty
Boxer

Payment incoming. Thanks!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Pyroclastic posted:

I was searching ebay for minifigure prices, and holy poo poo there are tons of knockoffs. I mean, look at this poo poo.
Good Cop's comin' to diddle your fiddle

edit: holy crap Roman Soldier minifigs are going for $15+ on Ebay, time to cash these suckers out!

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Oct 23, 2014

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

djfooboo posted:

Why yes!

United States

All complete sets (minus soccer guy): $620 is what it adds up to on eBay recent sales, I would sell for a $500 even
ALL ALL including extra minifigs and 16 S3 blind bags: $600 To be honest you can recoup a lot of money this way selling individuals if you have the time/patience.

I'd love a Statue of Liberty, Clown, Roman guy with square shield, Caveman, Sumo, Samurai, and Frankenstein if you still have them. Would $28 work?

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Oct 23, 2014

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

djfooboo posted:

Why yes!

United States

Yikes! How much for *each* full set? I'm interested in 5-7.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

KingFisher posted:

Do any of you lego nerds design MOCs for $$$?

Mail me at my username @ gmail.com, i use LDD , so you'll get a lxf file out of it and a bricklink wanted list. I mostly do sci-fi stuff and reverse engineering of unofficial kits. Most of my MOCs are in the thread

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Bachtere posted:

Will you do $28.00 shipped for the following minifgures?
Payment incoming. Thanks!

Got it, will ship tomorrow.

ChesterJT posted:

I'd love a Statue of Liberty, Clown, Roman guy with square shield, Caveman, Sumo, Samurai, and Frankenstein if you still have them. Would $28 work?

32 shipped?

obi_ant posted:

Yikes! How much for *each* full set? I'm interested in 5-7.

Yeah, blame the jorts guys and LEGO being inept at how popular the product would be. I wish these weren't worth so much and I'd just keep 'em.
5-$50
6-$60
7-$60

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
I am unreasonably upset about the fact that the s12 genie minifig can't be centred on her base plate. YOU LOOK DIFFERENT :gonk: