Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

Shuppiluliumas posted:

I feel the same way. The problem for me is that they make more than weapons. Like, look at this little beauty (the clip holding the rocket on)and tell me you can't imagine a ton of uses for it.

Glue two hands back to back and make your own? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

Mascot posted:

I've got close-ups of the sets on the shelves if anybody's interested in seeing what's in there.

Definitely, and you have the two sets (one current, one old) that I want more than anything else (Imperial Flagship, Deep Freeze Defender).

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
So who else pretended that Ice Sat-V was a Scud missile and had the Space Police come and stop it from being launched? :jihad:

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

MaliciousOnion posted:

It's a bit hard to see, but it is definitely folded and overlapped in the official photo.

Oh, I get it. This makes much more sense.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

MaliciousOnion posted:

/\/\/\ I can't tell if you're being serious or not, but I've enhanced the image, just in case.

edit: quote is not edit

No, I was serious. From the flat shot I didn't realize that the goofy bit that didn't jive with what I know about Lego capes was meant to be an Abercrombie collar.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

Detroit in Lego?

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

Sloppy posted:

one of the MMM's

Wait, how many do you have? :psyduck:

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
If you don't want to bother using GIMP, just use Aviary! http://www.aviary.com/

poo poo is seriously like an online version of photoshop that gets the basics covered pretty well.

Also that pedophilia thing on BrothersBrick was not at all what I was expecting to see when I wanted to get my MOC fix. :stare:

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
That using of the building corners to make a sort of bay-thing on the back is a cool idea, is there anything beneath it in yours or the original?

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

Carbohydrates posted:

I dig the Pharaoh's Quest sets (and bought two of them) because the main protagonist and the mechanic guy have good torsos for my Western setup. That's right, I'm just in it for the figs.

It is people like you who ruin my attempts to get perfectly good sets on Ebay so I can actually play with them. :mad:

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

DoktorVerderben posted:

I've had a couple of these books since I was a child, they are filled with really cool art of spaceships.

I'm in the process of sorting my collection at the moment, and it has been quite a job. I can already see the advantage to it, the things I have been making have come much easier with my stuff organized.

I tried out one of the small creator sets the other day, 5865 (Mini Dumper) and was rather impressed. For such a small set, it had a lot of high quality pieces(slopes, hinges, etc.). I may look into getting some more of these small sets, seemed like a decent value for the price.

They are the absolute best books. However, do not look for the RPG book, because it will RUIN your childhood in ways that are not good. Not good at all. :cry:

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

zenintrude posted:

Makes me want Half-Life theme sets... sooo bad.

Set #9544: The Test Chamber. Complete with push cart with anomalous materials sample, enclosed observation area and explodes at the push of a button!

(Now all we need is a Brickarms crowbar or something)

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
I don't recognize the headcrab bit, what exactly is it?

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andertoons-cartoons/collections/72157621953646058/

These are fancy and cute, and as far as I know haven't hit TBB yet.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

Saint Sputnik posted:

this guy's stuff.

Jesus christ, he is ridiculous.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

Just snagged this little guy. You get pretty much all the pieces you need to make your own big stompy robot so you can scale up, and the LED in the head piece is pretty cool too.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
2 Much Caffeine does it again, for those who don't read Brickd.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24681250@N07/5765444247/in/photostream/lightbox/

I mean, drat. I love micro-scale stuff.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
You minifig spergs are ruining the building of cool things for the rest of us. :smith:

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

Dame Cook posted:

Actually, it does. If they actually make it in plain colours and not the pebbledash effect they use for the Halo stuff, it might be worth a look. But I've never seen the point of getting sets for the unique pieces if they don't match anything else.

I had to google that to figure out what you were talking about, and I'm still not sure what part of the Halo sets look like they were Jackson Pollocked out the rear end.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

Shuppiluliumas posted:

Getting 8000 of them would be pretty tough though. I'd love to see an official one too but, while we're waiting, how about custom accessories from Taiwanese customizer Bricktw?

I mean, drat. How does one just decide to start doing this sort of thing?

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

Time Cowboy posted:

Thanks. Man alive, those are expensive. If I wanted six of each, it would tally up to about $30 plus shipping.

NASA didn't balk at prices like that. :colbert:

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFV01G97LsQ

:stare::stare::stare:

Mother of god.

Big-rear end Venerator-class star destroyer.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
I miss the Mi-24 dino-hunter copter. That thing was loving sick-nasty.

At least the snakemen (and the mini cobras) look rad and mean that you can have some sweet DIY Heroica stuff.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

SynthOrange posted:

You buy sets and dont build them? You monster!

Not as horrible as people who sperg about minifigs and drive the prices stupidly high for the rest of us who actually like building things.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

Shuppiluliumas posted:

I bought some electroluminescent wire a few months back and have been trying to decide what to do with it in a Lego environment. For those not familiar, EL-wire is just a wire with a phosphorescent coating that glows when the wire is live. Different colored wire coatings give you a choice of final light color. The neat thing about it is how small it is. The stuff I got is 2.6mm in diameter, which makes it very much Lego scale. I ended up doing a boardroom scene, using the wire to stand in for indirect florescent or neon lighting. The ceiling light comes from some cheap LED flashlights, and there's also some old Lego 9v light thrown in for some added effect.

Jesus christ this is fantastic. Do you have any shots of it under normal lighting too?

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
So one of my long-forgotten childhood dreams was just realized.

Got one of these that has never been assembled.

WHAT IS UP, MOTHERFUCKERS.

(If someone has a Crater Cruiser, sell it to me so I can have all the Unitron sets)

Tanith fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Oct 14, 2011

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

rickiep00h posted:

You lucky, dirty bastard. That drat train was always one of my favorite sets.

I know. To pour salt on the wound while twisting the knife further, it was free.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
I am totally loving stymied; the instructions for the bonus model from 7292 are nowhere to be found. The one on the second to last page of this http://cache.lego.com/upload/contentTemplating/Creator2BuildingInstructions/otherfiles/downloadAAE753113A1DFB5746C38A7476A35444.pdf

What's worse is that two of the six reviews on the site ask for the directions as well, since having a Lego ID isn't enough. :(

What's worse is that if the propeller axles were just a bit longer, I'd have figured it all out from those screencaps alone.

Tanith fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Feb 24, 2012

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

vrunt posted:

A code for the bonus model was in the latest LEGO Club magazine. They'll be online for everyone eventually, but right now Club members are getting exclusive access. The instructions aren't 100% clear on that.

Entering club code 'WINGS' on LEGOclub.com gets you this:
http://cache.lego.com/upload/contentTemplating/Club2ClubCodes/otherfiles/download7707C1810B726884F1AF90E7BAF2286D.pdf

Thank you so much! I'm pretty impressed with how close I came, the only major differences were pretty much in the color choice of some plates, and that bullshit with the engine rotor. I had no idea you could sandwich that divot between two bricks with the shaft pass-through lined up and have it stay.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
Had a snow day or something at work, so I went and bought more Creator sets to fiddle with. :toot:

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

Sockser posted:

so you called out sick to play with lego?

:denmark::respek::denmark:

Work called me, actually! :v:

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

snortpocket posted:

:ssh: goatse is in the wheels

VVV It's still a cool train though!

Alternatively it's three :Ds with shutter shades.

I also normally hate the collectible minifig stuff, but drat: http://www.flickr.com/photos/si-mocs/6804987326/lightbox/

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

Gravy Jones posted:

Occasionally. For instance I just knocked this up last night:

Well not really, it was posted on Eurobricks and is insane (it's 26,000 pieces). A few people in this thread do LDD stuff. I think a lot of serious MOC makers use it for prototyping as well. Eurobricks has a subforum dedicated to it and there's this big subculture around it. Like people who redo official sets in it.

Two of those ruined buildings would be cool enough for like, a microscale Detroit or something. This is just :catstare:

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

Captain Invictus posted:

This guy:

http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=1304642

he's got a few really impressive Lego Transformers, complete with his own drawn artwork of the characters. Some seem to be in greyscale, but Optimus Prime at least is mostly properly colored. Also, really tiny yet fully transforming and articulated, and come with transformation instructions. Lot of detail and effort, and they look pretty amazing, though Optimus is kind of a fatty. But hey, he's barely larger than a pack of cigarettes!

Got a better link? I don't need an account on some Japanese photobucket.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
6386 was the last model I think I ever wanted help with. Such a great set. :unsmith:

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

Dr. Benway posted:

I was at the theater the other day, and after seeing the poster, I would love for LEGO to pick up a Pacific Rim license.

When Lego actually makes large stompy robots that aren't RoboRiders (:rolleyes:), my finances will suffer immeasurably.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
gently caress.

e: oh my god the fingers are minifig legs.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
I guess I missed it because I was in high school. Too old to get Lego sets for my birthday, too young to have enough disposable income to support a Lego habit. The other set from that era I kick myself for never getting was Typhoon v. T. Rex.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

Captain Foo posted:

don't get me started, hahaha

Oh do tell. :allears: I want paragraphs on the backstory and technical specs of your legions of tiny robots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
I am so butthurt that series 4 of the Star Wars mini ships aren't being released in the states.