Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Backno
Dec 1, 2007

Goff Boyz iz da rudest Boyz

SKA SUCKS

AIIAZNSK8ER posted:

What are the price thresholds between entry level, mid grade, and fine jewelry? I'm looking around and with a budget of $300-$600 for a ring or a necklace with one gem and little tiny diamonds around it. Is this price level something that I can feel good about spending that will last? Is it better to save up for the $1500-$3000 level stuff that will be around forever and hold it's value.

As long as the jewelry you are getting is from a good shop the price point shouldn't matter that much.

Eighty Seven posted:

Just throwing this out there for men looking to propose: It is tradition that the ring be worth one month's salary.

I'm sure this is a bit dated, but at least it gives [most] men with no idea what to spend a reasonable starting point.

If I had spent 1 months of salary on my wifes rings she would have murdered me on the spot. I feel sorry for the people who get roped into that whole idea, or their gf is of the mind set "if he doesn't get me a ring worth X then he doesn't love me". Thank god my wife like small and simple, her engagement and wedding bands where like $500 total.

Backno fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Dec 6, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread